• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident evil 6 complaint thread.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I've also been frustrated with the disappearing J'avo. I've studied their spawning patterns and noticed something. When you start the level, there are normal J'avo that parachute on to the top of the bridge. After about 30 of those, the creature types, Napads, Expoders, Grasshoppers, Pinchers, all come from below in the bottom level, then those all disappear around 100 kills, and it's back to parachuting regular J'avo up top. That last transition between creatures and topside J'avo is always where the combo disappears, because you can't get topside fast enough to keep it going. One of the ways to combat this is to wait until your nearing the transition point, and have a teamate run topside while you finish off the last couple creatures below, and then right when they're done, your partner who is already topside can start to pick of the J'avo up there while you run up there to meet up.
Oh do u mean on Steel beast? The guys start on the middle level, and then the first set of parachutes come down about 25-30 in the combo. If you stay up top till the first two Napads come, then follow down the stairs and another 4 napads will trot up from the bottom. Then all the enemies will spawn at bottom till about 120 ish. The cue to move is the 5 crocodile/crab arm looking dudes who try and eat you up. If you follow these back up, there should be a few of those up the stairs and then several bombs. The final bomb drops at the bottom i usually snipe him from near the top and then its back to the parachutes. Its quite easy to keep it going once you know where the guys spawn and when to move.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
i have a complaint, which is DLC related. i've not bought the Survivors mode DLC but from the youtube videos i've seen of said mode, there is none to few A.I. enemies i've seen :confused: where as in RE5's Survivors mode (of the youtube videos i've seen, and i don't own RE5 as of current), that there are good many A.I. on the map. quite the opposite i see going on :rolleyes:

Sorry Capcom, not this time..... :rolleyes:

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
i have a complaint, which is DLC related. i've not bought the Survivors mode DLC but from the youtube videos i've seen of said mode, there is none to few A.I. enemies i've seen :confused: where as in RE5's Survivors mode (of the youtube videos i've seen, and i don't own RE5 as of current), that there are good many A.I. on the map. quite the opposite i see going on :rolleyes:

Sorry Capcom, not this time..... :rolleyes:
Yeah its so lame there is like no zombies on the map. I played urban chaos, with a 3vs 3, i ran around for 5 minutes on a empty map at the start looking for them. Then i see ONE lone fireman zombie. As i was stabbing his face with my combat knife, Piers came out of nowhere and spammed me to the floor with 3 quick shots. Then his partner blasted me with a quickshot grenade launcher whilst i was on the floor.

Popo

Finished Chris' campaign today, and it felt to much like a call of duty to me, even though I like the enviroment of the game, set in China(kinda hated the Edonia part tbh, was the worst) it looked like I was always fighting off giant beasts.
Started Jake's campaign, it's looking much better than the Chris campaign to me so far, and I'm saving the best for last(Leon vs Zombies hehe)!

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I've also been frustrated with the disappearing J'avo. I've studied their spawning patterns and noticed something. When you start the level, there are normal J'avo that parachute on to the top of the bridge. After about 30 of those, the creature types, Napads, Expoders, Grasshoppers, Pinchers, all come from below in the bottom level, then those all disappear around 100 kills, and it's back to parachuting regular J'avo up top. That last transition between creatures and topside J'avo is always where the combo disappears, because you can't get topside fast enough to keep it going. One of the ways to combat this is to wait until your nearing the transition point, and have a teamate run topside while you finish off the last couple creatures below, and then right when they're done, your partner who is already topside can start to pick of the J'avo up there while you run up there to meet up.
Kind of funny that you're talking about that level in particular, because last night I had played online for the first time, on a buddies Ps3, on Steel Beast.

I was Jake, and the person I played with was Helena. Now I wasn't excited to be on Steel Beast, but damn, we had an awesome run. Our combo ended after like 120 or so, very nice. And we had like zero problems. Just a flawless run. I don't remember the score, but is it possible to have a score of 1,000,000? Because while last night may have been a tad fuzzy...I swear that's the number I saw...

I also tried Agent Hunt, it wasn't so great. I got to play as a zombie dog, a J'avo, and a crypt zombie with a shovel. Oh, and that thing that throws it's hands at you. Not fun. You get killed wayyy too fast, and then have to wait to respawn, but whatevs.

I had also tried to do another Mercs run this morning. It took forever to get a match going, as in trying to join a game, then giving up on that and creating one. Which finally worked. Despite my victorious run on Steel Beast last night, I elected to play on Urban Chaos, thinking that it'd be a cake walk. Of course when you play with some tard who doesn't know what they're doing, it's pretty dissapointing to put all your blood, sweat and tears into a run, just to have it end because your partner, playing as Chris(I was Jake again), decided he'd get off'd by a flippin' zombie up on top where that one Time is located, while I'm on the bottom. I knew we were screwed when I saw that he went into dying status. Clearly I wasn't going to be able to find the ladder, ascend it, and rescusitate him in time. Lame.

This person was also annoying because they couldn't keep the combo going for shi*t, and apparently couldn't keep an eye on their health. Seriously, I know that Jake starts off with 10 pills or whatever, but come on now. Best case scenario, like my Steel Beast run last night, is having a reliable and competent partner, who can not only take care of themselve, but also keep the combo going. It was seriously a perfect run, anytime I missed a beat, and the combo was about to go away, Helena went and got a good kill or two to save it, and vice versa. Just good chemistry and vibes. Also a bit of that voice command communication, which is always fun.:) At no point were either of us in dying status, or anything. We took out those shelled creatures like BEASTS. Like whenever it went down and was open for a melee, we would each hit our melee's before the other's move hit, so we actually got 2 melee's instead of just the 1.

Sorry for long post, but my first online Mercs experience was just so much fun! And I really can't think of how to describe the feeling you have after a long run in Mercs, where you put tons of hard work into it, only to have it end because of your partner dying. I wasn't mad, but just like EXTREMELY disapointed. It's just a depressing feeling. lol like you don't even want to play anymore.

Darkness

Infected
Sorry for long post, but my first online Mercs experience was just so much fun! And I really can't think of how to describe the feeling you have after a long run in Mercs, where you put tons of hard work into it, only to have it end because of your partner dying. I wasn't mad, but just like EXTREMELY disapointed. It's just a depressing feeling. lol like you don't even want to play anymore.

Yep, I definitely know that feeling. I've gotten an S rank with every character on every stage I have, probably spending 100 hours on mercs alone. When I first started, I was paired up with loser after loser after loser, who all kept dying. When I finally ran into one guy that was actually good, we played like 20 times and S ranked each time, which unlocked every single character and skin for me, I was so happy. The best part was, when we were done, he expressed his joy that he finally found someone who knew what they were doing, I was like "omg, ditto, you took the words out of my mouth."

This is a story detailing my frustration that I posted in the GunsOB thread, when I was stuck fishing for baddies:
I absolutely positively cannot go another 5 minutes carrying the weight of merc mode teammates. I set my objective to "serious players only," hoping i will get someone who doesn't need rescuing ever 5 seconds. This last match was the worst yet. I teamed up with a Jake who for some reason had their mic turned up too loud or something, so there was a constant white noise/under water noise coming through the TV the whole time. The game thought he was talking, so it quieted in game sound so I could hear him better, but since it was not actually a guy talking, all i heard was static. I don't know how this happened, but for some reason when the bloodshots came, he had absolutely no idea how to handle them. He must have been trying to fist fight them or something, because he kept going into dying state. I even saved him with by wasting my health tablets on him so it wouldn't happen again, (I was at full health), but 10 seconds later he's on the ground again. After this happened like 5 times, i couldn't get there fast enough the next time, and he got eaten by a normal god damn zombie. Then, the static from the TV turns into some older woman (probably his mom) talking in a foreign language, and him responding "zombie, zombie.... ZOMBIE!"

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Yep, I definitely know that feeling. I've gotten an S rank with every character on every stage I have, probably spending 100 hours on mercs alone. When I first started, I was paired up with loser after loser after loser, who all kept dying. When I finally ran into one guy that was actually good, we played like 20 times and S ranked each time, which unlocked every single character and skin for me, I was so happy. The best part was, when we were done, he expressed his joy that he finally found someone who knew what they were doing, I was like "omg, ditto, you took the words out of my mouth."

I don't know if I've gotten every character and skin. I have Leon(alt costume), Helena(alt costume), Chris(alt costume), Piers(alt), Jake(alt), Sherry(Alt), Ada and then Carla. And Ada was a pain to try and get a simple A rank with. If you don't have any weapons that'll get the enemy groggy with a single well placed shot to the head, then the character is almost useless. Can still be fun, and challenging, but come on, it's all about those high scores, and it just ain't going to happen with Piers or Ada, most of the time.

Which character do you play as most?

I might say that certain characters are better on certain levels than others, and although I really like using Leon, Chris and Jake, I find myself using Jake most of the time. I know his character isn't looked upon as being too great. I read in a recent Game Informer, the Top 10 Dorks of 2012, and sure enough, Jake was on that list. I thought he was ok though. and as far as gameplay goes, he has a pistol, which is all you really need. Then the magnum for bigger enemies, obviously I quick-shot magnum kill things like Bloodshots most of the time. :D Oh, and not to mention his hand-to-hand, that's pretty fun to use I think. And I can rack up some pretty good scores with him.

And I know there's a lot of DLC coming out for RE6(like the Claire DLC), and stuff that's already out, like new stages for Mercs. It'd be cool if they had some new characters though. I know there's that Agent guy that's in Ada's campaign, but I haven't played as him. What I'd really like, and what I wish was in RE5's Mercs, especially Mercs Reunion, would be Bird Mask Jill...of course I know we won't get that in RE6 Mercs, but maybe when they release another Mercs game, or possibly if they port Mercs3D to console. I haven't played any of the new RE6 Mercs DLC stages, but I heard one of them was really good, and the other one, which I think is supposed to be like that part from the end of Jake's campaign, isn't as good. IDK.

I wish that every character had something unique about them though, that made them more fun to play as. Chris has his knife, Leon has duel-wielding, Jake has his hand-to-hand, and then certain characters have weapon specific things, like Ada can do carwheels and backflips when dodging while holding her bow. Helena has this weird move she does if you quick-shot with the Hydra. I think that's about it though. I bet they could've done something with Sherry's healing abilities possibly.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
New complaint. Starting with a magnum in Survivors in unfair, the power of that weapon shouldn't be given to a specific character at the begining. Also, quickshots are still cheap, especially with said weapon.

Darkness

Infected
I don't know if I've gotten every character and skin. I have Leon(alt costume), Helena(alt costume), Chris(alt costume), Piers(alt), Jake(alt), Sherry(Alt), Ada and then Carla. And Ada was a pain to try and get a simple A rank with. If you don't have any weapons that'll get the enemy groggy with a single well placed shot to the head, then the character is almost useless. Can still be fun, and challenging, but come on, it's all about those high scores, and it just ain't going to happen with Piers or Ada, most of the time.

Which character do you play as most?
If you have Carla, it means you have all the skins. I have to agree with you about the weak pistol thing. MPAF and AB50 just aren't up to snuff for serious players. When I was kind of new and used to spray enemies with bullets to kill them, I vastly preferred SMGs, but now that I know what i'm doing, pistols are the way to go. That being said, I like assault rifles, because they still have the stopping power of the pistol, (one hit head stumble), with the capacity of an SMG. Therefore I rank it like this ARs>Pistols>SMGs.

As for power weapons, magnums and GLs are my favorite. I prefer mags over GLs though because with GLs you have to commit more, and take friendly fire/splash damage into account, they are not ideal for getting you out of a sticky situation at point blank. Shot guns are next on my list, they have more ammo than a magnum, sure, but they take 2 or 3 more shots to do the same amount of damage. When I'm using a shotgun, it almost feels like I'm wasting time, due to the lack of DPS. Snipers are my least favorite. Not because I'm not a fan of sniping, I just don't think they fit well into mercenaries mode. There is too much too close, and things jumping around everywhere. They are just impractical. When I use a character with a sniper, sometimes I go a full match without using it even once. I rank power weapons as such: Magnums>Grenade Launchers>Shotguns>Snipers.

Taking both of those ranking systems into account, some of my favorite merc loadouts are Jake, Chris, Carla, Sherry, and Sherryalt.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
If you have Carla, it means you have all the skins. I have to agree with you about the weak pistol thing. MPAF and AB50 just aren't up to snuff for serious players. When I was kind of new and used to spray enemies with bullets to kill them, I vastly preferred SMGs, but now that I know what i'm doing, pistols are the way to go. That being said, I like assault rifles, because they still have the stopping power of the pistol, (one hit head stumble), with the capacity of an SMG. Therefore I rank it like this ARs>Pistols>SMGs.

As for power weapons, magnums and GLs are my favorite. I prefer mags over GLs though because with GLs you have to commit more, and take friendly fire/splash damage into account, they are not ideal for getting you out of a sticky situation at point blank. Shot guns are next on my list, they have more ammo than a magnum, sure, but they take 2 or 3 more shots to do the same amount of damage. When I'm using a shotgun, it almost feels like I'm wasting time, due to the lack of DPS. Snipers are my least favorite. Not because I'm not a fan of sniping, I just don't think they fit well into mercenaries mode. There is too much too close, and things jumping around everywhere. They are just impractical. When I use a character with a sniper, sometimes I go a full match without using it even once. I rank power weapons as such: Magnums>Grenade Launchers>Shotguns>Snipers.

Taking both of those ranking systems into account, some of my favorite merc loadouts are Jake, Chris, Carla, Sherry, and Sherryalt.
Cool! I worked hard for all the characters! Well, not too hard.;)

As far as the weapons go, a nice pistol will do for me, but Chris' machine gun is just as good, if not better than a machine gun, so it's whatever.

I do like a nice shotgun every now and again, good for crowd control, and while you might have to take another shot at those bloodshots to kill them, instead of a single like you would with a magnum, you have the ammo for it, so it's all good. Another reason Leon owns in Mercs!

Sniping can be fun, but yeah, obviously isn't the best choice for Mercs, especially on a level like Urban Choas. Like when I use Jake, I pretty much use the pistol and whole time, and the hand-to-hand of course, while I'll only really bring out that big ass magnum for special occasions, like the more difficult enemies that deserve it, Whoppers, Bloodshots, those shell covered enemies, etc.

You like using Sherry? Carla has the nice moves of Ada, but with an actual useful weapon set. I don't remember Sherry's alt weapon set, but pretty much all of the alt weapon sets are prettty ownage. And Chris and Jake are both nice character to use.

Darkness

Infected
Sherry's alt has bear commander with attached launcher, and assault shotgun. It has my favorite primary type weapon, an assault rifle, and my second and third favorite power weapons, grenade launcher and shotgun. On top of that, the Bear Commander happens to be my favorite of the assault rifles, and the assault shotgun happens to be my favorite shotgun.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
Sherry's alt has bear commander with attached launcher, and assault shotgun. It has my favorite primary type weapon, an assault rifle, and my second and third favorite power weapons, grenade launcher and shotgun. On top of that, the Bear Commander happens to be my favorite of the assault rifles, and the assault shotgun happens to be my favorite shotgun.
Ironically with this being a complaint thread, this is why Sherry's alt is my go to in Mercs. Not much of a challenge, but its nice to have the feeling of being able to destroy just about anything :D

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
not posting as a complaint, but as a insight? i know Resident Evil 5 has a Slayers mode, but it has struck interest to me if RE6 decides to do a Slayers mode, i am in quite wonder if they will do a different take on it (like they did with Survivors). Siege mode, in the other.....i will only be getting this DLC "IF" you get to choose which side you are on (be it the Human side or the B.O.Ws *enemy* side), cause i refuse to be a d*** B.O.W. (i'll be d***** if i will be a d*** B.O.W.) (and this is the reason why the Survivors mode, turned me off, you get killed you respawn as a B.O.W.) and knowing how online players are *cough*cheap-tactics*cough* *cough*quick-shooting,with-the-power-weapons*cough* I.Am.Not.Amuzed. :rolleyes:

Darkness

Infected
Perhaps this is a sign that the RE series was not meant to take on versus modes? (At least not the same way that other games do?);)

I guess i'll go ahead in throw in some complaints. I have not read the whole thread so forgive me if I repeat something that has already been discussed.

Ada's arrow gun weapon is the biggest piece of psyhit weapon of any game I have ever played ever. It takes like 3 hours to fire and reload one damn arrow. Jesus! If you want to use it it's best to use the fire ones and be about 12 miles away from any enemy to be safe. Then they drop a bunch of arrows like I want that crap, give me some ammo to a real weapon, leave the arrow shooting to Kikyou. The bow has never been my favorite weapon in RE but it was at least tolerable in the past games, this one is slow as hell.

Chris and Leon's fight on the trailer was one of the best moments in any RE trailer I have ever seen. Yet Chris and Leon's fight in the game was the most disappointing moments in RE i've ever felt. They talk for two seconds and leave, they could have extended the fight or had them co-op in a boss fight together. So many people were waiting for them to be together in a single game only for them to make it so brief. -_-

The Ada and Leon thing...Do I even need to say anything about this? It would take up my whole post to express my hatred for this ongoing mess involving Leon and Ada.

No mention of Jill!

The notion that pretty much everything that happened in RE6 happened because Simmons wanted be Ada's boyfriend and apparently she declined.

"Cloning" Ada was kinda lame and pointless to me, they should have just made a new female antagonist that was her own person.

The files, they're either contradicting, or way too ambiguous to bother with most of them. And they either tell us something that we already knew for years or tell us something different from what should have been a givin'.

Example: In Jake's file it said, "To say Jake didn't think highly of his father would be an understatement," Yet in the story, he pulls a gun on Chris for killing him, there has to be something there for Wesker in Jake's heart to do that. I'm not saying that Jake is all cuddles and kittens for his dad, they could have stated something like, he has conflicted feelings for the father he never got to meet. I dunno, I just think the files should be a little more in tune with what is actually going on in the game, maybe it's just me

In Leon's file, it said that he and Ada's relationship is complicated...NO REALLY!!?? It's a new game, give us something new, and tell us something we don't know.

In Sherry's file, it said that Sherry and Claire are close, in the game Sherry never fails to speak highly of Leon. We know he help saved her, why couldn't they put him in the file that stated how close she was to Claire? It just kinda ignores his involvement and impact in her life.

Yeah there are alot of other problems I found with the files, I can't help but feel that there are different people writing the files than the ones writing the story and they are not communicating.

Kay that's enough for now, these are all just my opinions and observations as usual.

About the crossbow, if you quickshot with it, Ada automatically loads it while shooting. I find this makes it a lot more effective.
You mean like hold the button down? I tried that, still wasn't my cup of tea.

Darkness

Infected
You mean like hold the button down? I tried that, still wasn't my cup of tea.
No I mean pressing the aim and fire button at the same time, all weapons do a character-specific quickshot. If you quickshot with Helena's hydra, she does a cool rolling around on the floor move. If you quickshot with Ada's bow, she does a backflip and automatically reloads.

Top Bottom