• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident evil 6 complaint thread.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I liked Ada in RE2, with the little red dress and leggings, with the slippers. That and RE4's red dress witht he slit that showed off A LOT of leg, that was cool too. and even Damnation she was cool, but RE6 witht he tight leather pants....why are you trying to bring those back Capcom?
I laughed. I liked her costumes in the old games but really leather pants haha I am not complaining about those. I remember the first time in Re6, she crawled in campaign. Game over. lol

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
I laughed. I liked her costumes in the old games but really leather pants haha I am not complaining about those. I remember the first time in Re6, she crawled in campaign. Game over. lol

Yeah, I just started Ada's campaign and once I saw the wonderful view of her crawling, it grabbed my attention. I even got down and crawled a few extra times here and there. :D

Darkness

Infected
Listen to my mercs mode woes: I first started playing mercs only after I beat all the campaigns, and so I went solo to test drive each of the maps, using youtube guides as a reference, and I memorized the location of all the time and combo bonuses. I decided it was time to get into it, so I went on a join duo game, and teamed up with some random player. We were kicking some serious butt, with a pretty high score, when suddenly with like a minute left, connection was lost to that player and the game just quit.

I was so angry. I decided to try it solo to circumvent these issues, playing chris on steel beast. I got an 'A' and unlocked Piers and Chris costume 2. Well I thought that if I could do that well solo, I'd really do well duo, my partner wouldn't even need to do that much.

So I tried duo again, this time hosting my own game. I scrolled through the objective options, and decided that to get someone who would at least be competent, and i would not have to baby sit, I would choose "high score hunks," as opposed to "just for fun." So I went as my newly unlocked Piers, with an Ada, on urban chaos. I knew the locations of all the time bonuses, so I got them first. My partner got maybe 1 of them too. I fought it out and waited till about 4 minutes left, when I started activating the combo times 1 by 1. Ada and I had not even seen each other twice during this whole time, so I assumed she had her own stuff under control. I was up on top of one of the busses, center of the level, sniping some unfortunate zoms and getting ready to activate the last combo, when suddenly the screen flashes white, signaling that apparently Ada is on the ground. All I had time to do was jump off the bus before she died. I was in total disbelief. All that time was wasted for nothing. I was like "you had ONE job Ada, ONE JOB. All you had to do was follow the damn train!"

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Twice playing mercenaries on high seas fortress Jake has literally lost his head. I would have took photo on my phone but whatever reason i forgot. Happened to my friend couple days ago, around the end of a round, then me ysterday, playing duo mercenaries on High seas, as Jake default, he gets hit then he has no head for the rest of the round. He also has no chest, just an empty headless horseman style shirt with arms poking out. You can see right inside his empty neck. Weird.
It is only visible on the persons screen whos Jake, the other persons looks normal. Freaks me out!

The split-screen is bad. It doesn't use all the space in the TV. Maybe Capcom assumed that if anyone's rich enough to buy a 360 or a PS3 is sure to use flat screen televisions. There are four campaigns (which is good) but only 1 ending is happy. Piers died, Jake and Sherry are separated and what the heck was Capcom thinking when they make Ada's ending? I also wan't to have a permanent inventory so i don't need to start with a handgun every time i play a new campaign. One more... If you check your weapon item inventory, even if you don't have that item, it will still be displayed with a number 0 on it. When you're in a hurry, you can't simply focus on the number and despite of it's small size for non flat screen televisions you're gonna end up using the item below it. I often use hand grenades and what happened is that it's zero, still displayed, and i used the first aid spray instead.

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
The split-screen is bad. It doesn't use all the space in the TV. Maybe Capcom assumed that if anyone's rich enough to buy a 360 or a PS3 is sure to use flat screen televisions. There are three campaign (which is good) but only 1 ending is happy. Piers died, Jake and Sherry are separated and what the heck was Capcom thinking when they make Ada's ending? I also wan't to have a permanent inventory so i don't need to start with a handgun every time i play a new campaign. One more... If you check your weapon item inventory, even if you don't have that item, it will still be displayed with a number 0 on it. When you're in a hurry, you can't simply focus on the number and despite of it's small size for non flat screen televisions you're gonna end up using the item below it. I often use hand grenades and what happened is that it's zero, still displayed, and i used the first aid spray instead.

Oh, even on flat-screen tv's the splitscreen doesn't use the whole screen dude. It was like it on RE5 aswell, no matter what set up you have, when you do splitscreen, it's 2 slightly smaller screens with some black around the edges. Never could figure out why it's like that but holy **** is it annoying.

Once you've completed a campaign and found all the guns, you can start any campaign from any chapter beginning with all the guns, you have to find them the first time around though. Just click 'chapter select' and choose whichever chapter you want, and you should start with all the weapons you've unlocked previously :)

Oh, even on flat-screen tv's the splitscreen doesn't use the whole screen dude. It was like it on RE5 aswell, no matter what set up you have, when you do splitscreen, it's 2 slightly smaller screens with some black around the edges. Never could figure out why it's like that but holy **** is it annoying.

Once you've completed a campaign and found all the guns, you can start any campaign from any chapter beginning with all the guns, you have to find them the first time around though. Just click 'chapter select' and choose whichever chapter you want, and you should start with all the weapons you've unlocked previously :)
But i still prefer the RE5's inventory where i can see the firepower, the reload speed and others so i can compare which is better accurately, not just feeling. I hope the next RE would fit the split screen though. :)

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
i really wonder about the laser sights and why we cant see each others lasers to know where they aim. I always play with just laser no crosshair but my partner still cant see where im aiming. I wish i knew why this was removed from RE5 would have been so useful especially with ADA aiming her explosive arrows.
They are lazy with split screen because they want to give you the full frame and not cut it at top or bottom like other games do. I would rather loose that slight bit of vertical peripheral vision (not sure spell) and have the screen larger. Its pretty impossible to enjoy even on my big hd tv

Frenchman

I'd like to complain about the health thing : using green plants is much more sophisticated than in the first RE games. And why the hell the spray is not in the same place ? Using all this stuff during a mêlée with the zombies drives me crazy. :mad:

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
I'd like to complain about the health thing : using green plants is much more sophisticated than in the first RE games. And why the hell the spray is not in the same place ? Using all this stuff during a mêlée with the zombies drives me crazy. :mad:

I find it quite easy. Alot easier than before.

Press RB+X at the same time, it will automatically mix all your available health items and put them into your holder, ready for however many you need. It's MUCH, much quicker.

Frenchman

Ok no problem, even I forgot to mention the Playstation 3. Never tried that, I'll do it next time, thank you very much.

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
Hey! Wait! I gotta new complaint! Yay for Nirvana references. :cool:

Anyway, that complaint would be the inventory system. I think the inventory system was at it's best in RE4. I liked the case and the fact that there wasn't a set number of items you could carry. As long as you could fit it into your case, you can take it with you. And the ability to upgrade the case sizes throughout the game. Then along came RE5, sporting a pretty crappy inventory system. I will also say I do miss the old school style inventory system that was present from RE0 to CV.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I didn't even mind RE 5's inventory to be honest, I think between the two characters I had plenty of room to store what I needed, and I liked the fact you can accumulate all health items, grenades, ammo in the much larger inventory after each chapter (although I agree RE 4's was the best). I think the inventory here is so restrictive - it annoys me that I'm constantly having to discard things and with the weapons you can only store about two or three additional items. Ugh.

I'm like one of those people from that show Hoarders. I need to hoard EVERYTHING. :p

Frenchman

I think the inventory here is so restrictive - it annoys me that I'm constantly having to discard things and with the weapons you can only store about two or three additional items. Ugh.

Correct. Sometimes I'm forced to shoot randomly with a weapon, some bullets, in order to take the new ammo.

TYLERDM94

The White Wolf
the camera is an issue sometimes its the most troublesome on chris chapter 5 when your running away from Haos i get killed everytime i play that chapter on that part

Top Bottom