• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Resident evil 5 remake!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I may never have experienced a big issue wit Sheva because I always play on normal difficulties! I plan on playing RE5 in October and maybe finally trying a harder mode. haha

Soul Fist

I may never have experienced a big issue wit Sheva because I always play on normal difficulties! I plan on playing RE5 in October and maybe finally trying a harder mode. haha
Trust me, you will HATE the game! LOOOOLLL XDD
ESPECIALLY in profesional, oh god.. It's HORRIBLE!

E-001

Absolutely, I would love to see a remake, in fact a total re-imagining and reworking of the game-play, atmosphere, tone and story. RE5 is by far my least favourite in the series. It only has one redeeming quality for me, and that is when you have a friend to play it with split-screen, even then the story is a bit of a chore.

With a remake, they could totally redeem the core concept. They could chuck the Sheva co-op stuff, bringing back the feeling that makes RE so scary, that being, sheer loneliness. They could drastically reduce the amount of action, and make it actually feel like survival horror (but perhaps keep co-op Mercenaries). Some of the early concepts and prototypes of the game look genuinely terrifying. The original idea was that being in sun-baked Africa would have added to the horror. The sun would mess with your vision, cause mirages and make you dizzy and hallucinatory. With the fantastic RE engine they could pull off the idea of 'blinding-sunlight' really well, and make it an interesting mechanic to fear. There was also a segment that was cut which included Chris wandering through the desert, thirsty and hallucinating, which would also have been a terrifying and memorable part of the game. They could also make the story actually good, and remove the painfully cheesy elements and make it serious and atmospheric. Rather than Wesker being a comically evil villain, Capcom could give him depth, purpose and meaning; something to make us actually relate to the character. I'm very interested to see what Capcom do with Wesker in future remakes, and I'm up for a total re-imagining. Another one of the original ideas Capcom had, was that the remaining S.T.A.R.S. members would all appear in the story, to help put an end to Wesker once and for all. It would be interesting to see this idea revived for a remake.

But RE5 remake is some way off, if at all. I want to see RE4 and CV first, obviously.

Last edited:
Top Bottom