• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Resident evil 5 remake!

Turo602

The King of Kings
Would be interesting but unnecessary. Resident Evil 5 was made by Capcom post Shinji Mikami and was developed in the HD era using modern development techniques. It still looks great today, even after the latest remakes, but it's not exactly a fan favorite or even a classic for that matter, so I doubt we'll ever see it get a remake treatment.

D

Deleted member 21244

Do you agree that resident evil 5 is deserving of a remake?. If they remade it perhaps make it more horror and less action toned.
Re 5 dosent need a remake, but maybe 20 years from now Capcom will remade it, since it's the most selled game in the franchise

Acid Marz

It was made for current systems.

Remake it for what system exactly?

Maybe when next gen consoles come around.

Soul Fist

I was thinking about this idea and it seems i'm not alone LOL. TBH it doesn't need a remake, but I'm curious to see how Sheva and Excella will look like. They had very different looks before the final product of RE5, so I assume they will look very different.

Billy Coen

I think it's unnecessary, the game still looks fresh, has aged well, I would only support a remake of it if the mechanics and graphics were outdated.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom released a remake of Resident Evil 5... an easy way to make a quick buck.

RedfieldFan

Much like RE4, RE5 doesn't need a remake... Yet...
Would I buy a potential remake anyway? - In a heartbeat.

But there are others titles that need and/or deserve the remake treatment more.

Like so many others, I really want a 'Code Veronica' remake. That would be the perfect game for a remake.

Other RE games that could be remade are 'Survivor' and some of the scenarioes from 'Outbreak 1+2'.
Maybe they could make a sort of 'RE: Stories' game that includes multiple segments based on 'Survivor', the best 'Outbreak' levels and 'End of Umbrella' and 'Operation: Javier' from the Chronicles games. Could be a fun title with great DLC potential.

Last edited:

Acid Marz

I'd rather have them focus on making a new game that was actually worth playing.

This whole remake after remake leads me to believe that they have no idea about what to do next.

It's a stagnating franchise at the moment with no direction towards the future. Remake.. Remake... Remake...Vomit...

Soul Fist

Much like RE4, RE5 doesn't need a remake... Yet...
Would I buy a potential remake anyway? - In a heartbeat.

But there are others titles that need and/or deserve the remake treatment more.

Like so many others, I really want a 'Code Veronica' remake. That would be the perfect game for a remake.

Other RE games that could be remade are 'Survivor' and some of the scenarioes from 'Outbreak 1+2'.
Maybe they could make a sort of 'RE: Stories' game that includes multiple segments based on 'Survivor', the best 'Outbreak' levels and 'End of Umbrella' and 'Operation: Javier' from the Chronicles games. Could be a fun title with great DLC potential.

Agree, Outbreak remake would be lit. It's requested for years. Instead of Resistence we should've got remake of outbreak, imagine with ps4 mechanics and online

But Code Veronica needs the remake the most, not 4 and 5 :(

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I can’t see them remaking RE5 anytime soon for reasons stated above. But I wouldn’t mind seeing a scaled back rendition of this game that focuses more on the horror aspects rather than the over-the-top action. Some adjustments to the story would be welcome as well.

Soul Fist

I can’t see them remaking RE5 anytime soon for reasons stated above. But I wouldn’t mind seeing a scaled back rendition of this game that focuses more on the horror aspects rather than the over-the-top action. Some adjustments to the story would be welcome as well.

I'd welcome this idea, I hope if they did the remake it would be at least more horror. And the story of RE5 Isn't the best so new changes are welcome too.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I could see an RE5 REmake at some point in a decade, but it still looks SO good.

RE5 still looks better than a large portion of current gen titles. And it plays very well - probably better in my opinion than RE6. But when the technology comes along to make it look even better and make it even more of an experience, I'd welcome a remake. But for now, the game is fine as it is!

Soul Fist

I could see an RE5 REmake at some point in a decade, but it still looks SO good.

RE5 still looks better than a large portion of current gen titles. And it plays very well - probably better in my opinion than RE6. But when the technology comes along to make it look even better and make it even more of an experience, I'd welcome a remake. But for now, the game is fine as it is!
Totally, the game has aged pretty beautifully! It looks like a game of this gen, it can pass as one for sure.

There will be a remake by 80-90% for RE5, but it will definitely not be anytime soon.

Soul Fist

Who said anything about this remake being sh*tty? My post is a simple thought of what could make for a good direction of a remake for RE5. I think you’re just looking for an argument at this point. :smile:
Ummm but I never tried to start an argument Nor did I tell you to stop sharing your opiniones, you shared your opinion so I did. Sheesh girl you really need to chill :cool:

Top Bottom