• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Resident evil 5: Director's cut

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Jason-Voorhees;60328 said:
New info

Capcom is readying an updated Mercenaries mode. Titled "The Mercenaries Reunion," this mode has the same rules as the original version, but lets you play as previously unusable characters.

Players can look forward to new costumes for use in the Mercenaries Mode. The magazine has a look at one new costume each for Sheva and Chris. Sheva's "Folklore" costume puts a maroon hood on the heroine. Chris's "Warrior" outfit gives our hero a wild look, with sunglasses, lots of leather, spikes, and an exposed chest (hot!). Expect other costumes as well.

Also promised for the update are new EX figures.

As for the Lost in Nightmares scenario, Famitsu says that in single player, this will run about an hour of game time. You'll encounter a new enemy along the way, a menacing undead guard who roams the underground of Spencer's mansion, the setting of the scenario.

Lost in Nightmares isn't the only scenario, though. The magazine says to expect one additional episode. It doesn't provide specifics.

All this new content will be offered at a budget price of ¥4,990 (for players not used to Japan's ridiculous game pricing, this is pretty low). Capcom is targeting a February 18 release date.

The February 18 date presumably means that Sony's motion controller will be available either on that date or before. Strangely, the Famitsu article makes no mention of motion controls for the game. The information box that accompanies all previews doesn't even mention motion control compatibility. The magazine even has a point by point list of what's different for the new version and doesn't list the motion controls. This is a bit fishy. Let's hope Capcom provides an explanation.

As previously announced, Capcom will be providing the Alternative Edition content as DLC for both Xbox 360 and PS3 players. The DLC list looks like this:

The Lost in Nightmares Episode:
- Includes the Lost in Nightmares episode, EX figures, and two characters for The Mercenaries Returns. Priced: ¥500/400MSP.

Costume Pack 1
- Includes two costumes, EX figures, and two characters for The Mercenaries Returns. Priced: ¥200/160MSP.

Additional Episode Title TBA
- Includes the unannounced new episode, EX figures, and two The Mercenaries Returns characters. Priced: ¥500/400MSP.

Costume Pack 2
- Includes two costumes, EX figures, and two characters for The Mercenaries Returns. Priced: ¥200/160MSP.

It's unclear if the "two characters" listed for each piece of DLC are the same (and yes, it would totally suck if they were).

The DLC content will be gradually released starting in March.

Oh man this is getting better. Looks like I will have to clear some memory of from my Xbox 360 harddrive or buy another hardrive for my Xbox 360. I knew that I shouldn't have downloaded May Payne 2, d**n it. Oh well, at least I will get more out of the game.

Kellyrose

Jason-Voorhees;60328 said:
-snip-
Lost in Nightmares isn't the only scenario, though. The magazine says to expect one additional episode. It doesn't provide specifics.
-snip-

Cool, I wonder what Capcom has up their sleeves :ninja:

biohazard22

it is called resident evil gold edition which has:
RESIDENT EVIL 5 (GOLD EDITION)
LOST IN NIGHTMARES (NEW LEVEL)
DESPERATE ESCAPE (NEW LEVEL)
THE MERCENARIES REUNION (NEW GAME MODE)
ADDITIONAL COSTUME PACK 1
ADDITIONAL COSTUME PACK 2
ADDITIONAL FIGURINE PACK
but i hasn't been confirmed and in only Europe for now

Jason-Voorhees

沉睡的巨龍
one of Sheva's new costumes

j16c6b.jpg

strange, her face looks highly similar to alice doesn't it

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Jason-Voorhees;60356 said:

j16c6b.jpg

Holy S**T. That costume is awsome. I can't wait until this comes out.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Jason-Voorhees;60356 said:

j16c6b.jpg

Oh. My. God. That is so friggin adorable!!!

I want to see Chris' new costume!

I think I'll be a trooper and buy this Gold Edition.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I found out some more info. I think that we probably already know about it.

The PC costumes from RE5 will be avaible, the only difference is Chris's suit. In the PC version it looks like his regular hair from the other 3 costumes, in the new verion it looks different.

It would probably be likely that there will be no Las Plagas or Uroboros.

The Moonlight Sonata may return due to it being heard in the trailer.

The whole mansion is going to be like the Spencer Mansion from RE1 with RE REmake features and some more differences.

It is possible that or may be 100% true that one of the costumes you will get is Chris's old BSAA costume from the flashback.

I think that all the costumes that are going to be all together are Chris's Warrior Costume, Chris's Old BSSA costume, Sheva's Business outfit, and Sheva's mystical costume.

There may not be any new weapons that will in the packs.

And the last bit of info is that this whole thing is going to be f**king aswome.

Sunglasses

Resident Evil 5 Alternate Edition will be released in sometime Feb 2010 in japan though UK and NA have yet to have a release date, the RE5 of the english version is renamed to Gold Edition while japan is Alternate Edition of those who didn't know yet.

Jason-Voorhees

沉睡的巨龍
Hugely Detailed description taken from the original post of Psychos'Я'Us at tombraider forums of the DLC chapters and Josh is Confirmed as a Main Charactor

original post http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=142356&page=422

REVIL had exclusive access to information regarding Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition, via a document sent to official Capcom importers around the world. The text gives a complete description of the exclusive scenarios and confirms Jill and Josh as characters for "Desperate Escape", a scenario that hasn't been revealed yet and will bring the two into a desperate race to help Chris and Sheva. They also revealed the new clothes of the central characters: Sheva Executive, as in RE5 PC, and Chris Mad Max. Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition will be officially available in Brazil by Synergex, shortly after the American release of the game.

New Episodes:

Each episode will have one type of gameplay radically different. Lost in Nightmares is based on puzzles, while Desperate Escape is filled with action. Each chapter lasts from 1:30 - 2 hours. The first time we played, the two were completed in about 3 hours.

Lost in Nightmares:

Chapter 1: Looks like a full remake of RE1's mansion, the player must solve various puzzles to move on. The environment is very mysterious, but there are no enemies. The nostalgia of the area is great, because the classic mansion was meticulously recreated. There is a good puzzle at the end, in which one partner is stuck in a room with thorns, too frenetic, and the player always die in the first attempt.

Chapter 2: It's in an environment which looks like a jail or a torture chamber. You find the first enemies here, but mainly the Executioner-like enemy with a weapon that looks like an anchor. They are well located, increasing the tension of the characters while trying to kill them and solve puzzles.

Chapter 3: Sewage. After solving the last puzzle in Chapter 2, you fall into the sewers, they separate and lose all the items. The enemies that look like the Executioners pursue you throughout the level. You can not kill them, because you don't have weapons, you should find cranks and work in teams to use walls with thorns and knock them. You must kill 4 of them. Very nice level, with puzzles, which remain intense throughout the time.

Chapter 4: Battle against Wesker. You discover that the only way to hurt him is dodging his attacks, and running to give him a punch. He hits you long before you figure it out. The scene ends with a cutscene in which Jill throws Wesker through the window and supposedly dies to save Chris, as seen in the original RE5.

Desperate Escape:

Jill and Josh are the main characters and have the mission to escape and help Chris and Sheva. The atmosphere is hectic and you're bombarded with enemies.

Chapter 1: Environment similar to the refinery of RE5. You must run, kill enemies and a lot of guys with big heads, who die with grenades lights. Pretty intense.

Chapter 2: Similar to the first area, but bigger, and you are the target of grenade launchers. In a cutscene, Jill gets a radio and tells Chris of the weakness of Wesker (this happened during RE5). They then go on to a helicopter, which they use to meet Chris and Sheva.

Chapter 3: Scene of super survival. It begins with a timer of 5 minutes, but you must survive at least 10 minutes of gameplay. The first time, we died about 3 times in 8 minutes. This level is fun and challenging

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Oookaayy..I may need a new keyboard now. *wipes drool from mouth*

I ssoooo need to get me another 360 lmao.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
CAPCOMMM!!?!! what are you doing to us!!!

I had to wait ages for the game to come out and now there making a re-release.. WTF lol They just want ALL our money... If this comes out that means Ive got to buy the game again?

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I don't know is this has been posted, but here is some more info.

In Desprate Escape Josh Stone will be a playable character.

In Lost in Nightmares there will be multiple versions of keepers as enemies as well as Anchor Weilders.

There are 8 release dates: Lost in Nightmares Xbox 360 - 2/17/10
Lost in NIghtmares PS3 - 2/18/10
Costume Pack 1 Xbox 360 - 2/17/10
Costume Pack 2 PS3 - 2/18/10
Desperate Escape Xbox 360 - 3/3/10
Desperate Escape PS3 - 3/4/10
Costume Pack 2 Xbox 360 - 3/3/10
Costume Pack 2 PS3 - 3/4/10

Lastly - THIS IS GOING TO BE MOTHER F**KING A** KICKING CHUCK NORRIS STYLE AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

teal27

Eeep! Looking forward to February 2010! But like some of the others who have posted, I'll be waiting for a special re-release disc of RE5 too, because I prefer something I can hold in my hands. :)

Jason-Voorhees

沉睡的巨龍
something i found from a Mercs Reuniton trailer from capcom, a few "new" enemies (please note that these may not be official, and i will try to find the link, sadly it's in Japanese)

Public Assembaly
-i was those facehuggerish spider things that jump on you and bite your chest

Mines
-Dogs
-Big Man majini with Poles

Warrior Chris Weapons (as i noticed from the trailer)

-Jill's Rifle
-Hydra
-black Handgun (not the beretta, but one of the others)

Folklor Sheva
-M500 Magnum
-Pump Shotgun
-M16 looking Machinegun

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Jason-Voorhees;61000 said:
something i found from a Mercs Reuniton trailer from capcom, a few "new" enemies (please note that these may not be official, and i will try to find the link, sadly it's in Japanese)

Warrior Chris Weapons (as i noticed from the trailer)

-Jill's Rifle
-Hydra
-black Handgun (not the beretta, but one of the others)

Folklor Sheva
-M500 Magnum
-Pump Shotgun
-M16 looking Machinegun

The weapons you said, the black handgun, Jill's Rifle, M16, and Pump Shotgun are they going to be new weapons.

I think Jill's Rifle is the one in Merecnaries and the Pump Shotgun is the Itachia.

EDIT: I just watched the trailer and I found out the weapons know. So I know I know that there will be no new weapons.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Oooo I'm excited for this new release. It looks so fun and fresh.

On a side note-
Chant with me, ladies: CHRIS IN LOINCLOTH! :D

Top Bottom