• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 4

Too similar? (based on gameplay videos and the E3 demo)

• Total voters

Callor138

I have seen (on youtube) the shanty town E3 demo of Resident Evil 5. From what I have seen it seems to be alot like Resident Evil 4. The animations
of the enemies dying in RE5 seem almost exactly like the way the ganados died in RE4. The way the enemies would react to being shot also seem very similar to RE4. Now, I hope this will all change when the game actually becomes available. Some people are saying that, "So what if Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 4 are too similar? RE1 and RE2 are similar also." this suggests that its okay for RE5 to be so similar to RE4. I dont think that Capcom should continue with that old habit, I think each Resident Evil game should be considerably different (except for the "over the shoulder" camera, i like that). A cool feature for Resident Evil 5 would be the real time inventory like in Alone in the Dark.

Cousintony

It of course is going to look similar because they had such success with the the controls for re4. But the guy in the ign interview said when you play you will feel the difference.

A_Wesker123

The Original
It may be a good thing that the two are fairly similar. I mean just look at how well Resident Evil 4 did! You can never have too much of a good thing so why mess with what works? :)

residentevilfan

there is going to be one thing different the of amount zombies in the game and the story i hope is different maybe there is going to be a different in the guns to i hope ??? ???

Cousintony

Guns most likely will be changed or added on. The story probably is different since its in a different area.

JerichoGreye

I was a little disappointed with Resident Evil 4. I guess I was so used to the older titles that when the new RE came around, it felt different and a little weird. I mean, don't get me wrong, I still liked it. It just didn't have the same feel and the same horror and darkness that the first few RE games had. I'm all for change, but they changed the controls, the whole mood of the background, and the zombies.

Seriously...how can you go wrong with zombies? Ah well, I'm just a weird person I s'ppose. But whether or not RE5 is similar to RE4, it'll be a good game.

Sephiroxas

I'm glad their both the same. I love Resi 4. And anything like it with new and differen't things will be even better :-*

re4vixen

At E3 I believe that Capcom stated that the game would have elements of both RE1 and RE4.
But I have yet to see the elements of RE1 other than bringing back the old characters into the spotlight. It'll be interesting to find out how they fit RE1 into the game in other ways.
Gameplay wise it runs like RE4, but I won't know for sure until I get my hands on it! Lol. :p

Hollow-Words

Well I guess they'll stick with the RE 4 controls for now until they can create a better one, since almost everybody finds it comfortable~~~
And Who knows what CAPCOM have installed for us fans??

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
High speed chase scenes shooting ...infected people of moterbikes with a gun turret on the back of a jeep!

That would be cool.

3d-agent

Due to the unique game play style RE4 attracted lots of peoples even those who've never played a single RE game. So its not a problem if RE5 has similar game play, definitely its going to be better enhancements in the RE5 game play while keeping the same style. And maybe the story is connected to RE4, as at the end of RE4 Ada escaped with the sample, and in RE5 trailer Chris mentions that people are acting similar like in Kennedy report. It wont be a problem either.
It is going to be a gr8 game.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
[quote author=SyKotik Cannon link=topic=419.msg15908#msg15908 date=1227227077]
Resident Evil 1,2 and 3 had the SAME EXACT controls basicaly so i dont see a problem in RE5 having the same controls as RE4
[/quote]

RE4 controls and play are probably gonna be used in the next few resident evil games, like you said, 1,2,3 had exactly the same controls.

i hope to god they never make them first person..i know theres dead aim or whatever but that looks ****.
but i mean i hope they dont make one of the official RE series into FPS

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
RE first person, that would be pretty bad Lolz Unless they made a good fps engine that felt nice to play with an suited the RE gameplay

It all depends on the style an how it would work. the graphics would have to be pretty good for them to pull it off.

how would it work if RE went FPS. what if it was like third person but you had to aim like first person... no what i mean? like aiming the hole time sorta thing an you was hunk : p

Hoady

I think it will be fine the new look of it is enough to keep me thinking of similarities.
There is only one thing i think they could truly improve on and thats the scares.If they can make the 5th one much scarier then the 4th one it would make this game perfect.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
I know a store manager whos played it, he said its like RE4 but more shiney. He didnt say much else but he says if you liked RE4 you will love RE5.

Hoady

I bet he was just trying to make conversation.

I have high hopes for it i just expect a jump or two.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
haha that conversation didnt last long at all trust me, but hes cool, a chase scene jump you mean? lol there is the jump chris makes when he literaly chucks him self off a hut or something that looked okay id gif it but im too lazy.

maybe another night ill find video to download an sit through the hole process Zzzzz

Top Bottom