• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake Resident evil 3 review are in

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21244

Some resident evi 3 review are in and they are unfortunately not that positive
Multiplayer.it give it a 7.5 calling it a step back and a disappointing from capcom compared to re 2 remake
Other say it feel to short and similar compared to re 2, and it fell like an expansion instead of its owm game
Other say the game is good but for now the review are not as stellar as the re 2 remake one

Edit: review say the game lsst 5 hours on standard, what a disappointment actually
Some review say that the second half of the game is rushed as hell and technically poor regarding sound effect and design, and that some area from the original have been completely cut, and that nemesis is good only in the first half and later became a bland negative part of the game...

Obviously I'll play it for myself to give a judgment

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.R

Eurogamer said it was about 6-7 hours, which for me it's a good thing. Not every game needs a 15 hours campaign, especially not an survivor horror one. Actually, RE games size campaign is the reason I took the games out for a ride so often. Also, 6-7 hours is basically a normal playthrough of RE2's scenarios.

At any rate, I'm still pretty much hyped and from what I saw, I have a feeling I'm gonna enjoy (especially because I care very little about things like "story revision" and "lack of classic locations", which I'm not actually sure, but I heard that.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

Eurogamer said it was about 6-7 hours, which for me it's a good thing. Not every game needs a 15 hours campaign, especially not an survivor horror one. Actually, RE games size campaign is the reason I took the games out for a ride so often. Also, 6-7 hours is basically a normal playthrough of RE2's scenarios.

At any rate, I'm still pretty much hyped and from what I saw, I have a feeling I'm gonna enjoy (especially because I care very little about things like "story revision" and "lack of clock tower")
Yeah I'm hyped too, but i will give ma judgment on the gamer only after i played it, buf 5 hour for a campaign on standard is too short

The fact is that review are not negative about lack of clock tower (which i didn't know about put spoiler warning) or story revision but as the game per se, especially the second part who is rushed and linear, and the fact that there are no puzzle in the game... Obviously they say some positive things, regarding graphic and design

Mr.R

Actually I wasn't talking about a specific place. The review didn't said that, but I heard some locations got cut. Don't know which though. My bad. I edited the post. Just to be sure, I don't know which scenario got cut and the review didn't said.

Edit: I still think a 5-6 hours campaign isn't a bad thing. Especially for me, since I play slowly anyway.

D

Deleted member 21244

Actually I wasn't talking about a specific place. The review didn't said that, but I heard some locations got cut. Don't know which though. My bad. I edited the post. Just to be sure, I don't know which scenario got cut and the review didn't said.

Edit: I still think a 5-6 hours campaign isn't a bad thing. Especially for me, since I play slowly anyway.
Don't worry about that

I play slowly too and i will play it on hardcore, so it will probably last more than 5 hours...
Review say that there is very little to do after you finish the campaign
I'm really afraid about all This review

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
We always knew it was going to be linear and not a "pick your ending" kind of game. Capcom was very open about that from the beginning. This would not be a live selection chooses your fate kind of thing.

There are some puzzle type things in the game but it's true that there aren't a lot. I don't mind that to be perfectly honest. While some puzzles are okay I feel like having a lot of them, like in the original RE for example, is kind of a bother. Like who is taking all this time to reset these puzzles once they're done using a key? Or going through all the trouble to dismantle and hide a cog in a clocktower that, for all intents and purposes, no one would be visiting?

Maybe that's why there have been so many outbreaks. Instead of properly monitoring their lab areas, Umbrella's been too busy hiding a death mask in a gas chamber to keep people from being able to go outside.

I also don't think the second part of the game is rushed. In fact I think it takes more time on certain things than the original did.

Like I feel like this game spent more time on Carlos getting the antidote for Jill. You spend a bit more time in the hospital, you don't just give her a shot and then Carlos' part is over ala cutscene.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Not surprising really, heard they cut entire areas that where in the original game and that game in itself wasn't that massive so it stands to reason that the remake isn't going to be that long since Capcom apparently saw fit to cut entire areas out of the game for whatever reason, I'm still going to play it but I get the feeling I'm going to really "feel" the rushed aspect I hear so many gamers currently are talking about with this game, don't know if its true but given the spoilers I lean more towards it indeed being rushed which would explain entire areas that where in the original not being present.

Mr.R

About the puzzles...I don't mind them where they can make some sense, like the Spencer Mansion or some places in Rockfort Island because the Ashfords are crazy, but I always thought the puzzles in the RPD in the original RE2 and the city in RE3 were always silly, so I don't mind if they work around this in the remakes. I do expect the CVx remake in the future to have some of those silly puzzles though.

D

Deleted member 21244

Not surprising really, heard they cut entire areas that where in the original game and that game in itself wasn't that massive so it stands to reason that the remake isn't going to be that long since Capcom apparently saw fit to cut entire areas out of the game for whatever reason, I'm still going to play it but I get the feeling I'm going to really "feel" the rushed aspect I hear so many gamers currently are talking about with this game, don't know if its true but given the spoilers I lean more towards it indeed being rushed which would explain entire areas that where in the original not being present.
I read 5 review and all of them say that the second part of the game feel rushed
And that they cut many content
One of them say what they have cut, and unfortunately I've read it, and I'm really disappointed whit it, it was my favorite area, what the hell was capcom thinking?

Jamesy

Yeah very disappointed to read the bad reviews. But I had a horrible feeling from the start it was not going to be anywhere near as good as R2.

i Thought the game would be out of this world and better than RE2 since everyone was going on about how good the demo was.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I read 5 review and all of them say that the second part of the game feel rushed
And that they cut many content
One of them say what they have cut, and unfortunately I've read it, and I'm really disappointed whit it, it was my favorite area, what the hell was capcom thinking?

Not sure, if it was indeed rushed like some of those reviewers are saying than that is the perfect explanation as to why those areas did not make it into the remake.

Sorry to those who are going to do their best to defend Capcom on this but if its indeed cut because of a rush I will know and feel it for myself and go squarely into that camp and thus no other explanation whether it be "story realism" or "new pacing" is going to be enough to change me on that front.

But feel free to love this game, I get the feeling I'm going to get some enjoyment out of it as well but from what I'm hearing and reading from people who have played it in its entirety it only makes me scratch my head as to Capcom's decisions as of late, I'm grateful for a remake of 2 and 3 that I've wanted for years but that is never going to keep me from seeing their faults if there are some.

D

Deleted member 21244

Not sure, if it was indeed rushed like some of those reviewers are saying than that is the perfect explanation as to why those areas did not make it into the remake.

Sorry to those who are going to do their best to defend Capcom on this but if its indeed cut because of a rush I will know and feel it for myself and go squarely into that camp and thus no other explanation whether it be "story realism" or "new pacing" is going to be enough to change me on that front.

But feel free to love this game, I get the feeling I'm going to get some enjoyment out of it as well but from what I'm hearing and reading from people who have played it in its entirety it only makes me scratch my head as to Capcom's decisions as of late, I'm grateful for a remake of 2 and 3 that I've wanted for years but that is never going to keep me from seeing their faults if there are some.
I agree totally, i will probably have some fun whit the game but i will not denay its negative aspect just for the sake of defending capcom or the series

Some review are also saying that the game have no actual puzzle and that it's pretty linear and that most of the times lake tension because the game literally say to you to shoot and kill zombie like an action game

Edit: most of the review i read are not praising the game, only few part of it, most of alll continue to say it's rushed and half a remake

Mr.R

Everyone is free to like and criticize a game they didn't even played yet. And everyone has their reasoning.

I just hope it sells well enough for Capcom to go on and remake CV, which is a terrible game in need of remaking, in my opinion.

I'll put considerable opinions out after I played, to really say want I liked and what I didn't (because no game is perfect and it's silly to expect it was going to be). For now, I'm totally okay with they did in the demo and the things I've heard in reviews, but that's just me.

D

Deleted member 21244

All the reviewer are disappointed by the game in the end, and I'm pretty disappointed too by what I've read

Now I actually want to play the game more to find out the true

Edit: there are no ink ribbon in extreme mode, just checkpoint, wow that is really bad, thank you capcom, this is the worst things I've heard so far
Some say thst fortunately resistance is in the packet too and that it's actually good , and that Capcom had put it because re 3 alone would not have justified a full price... Never would have thought that resistance would have been the prised one

Mr.R

On the more optimistic side of things, Eurogamer was mostly happy (they video is titled "5 things we enjoyed in RE3 and 1 we didn't) and Jim Sterling said it was very good in a tweet, although the jimquisition video will probably comes after the game's official release.

D

Deleted member 21244

On the more optimistic side of things, Eurogamer was mostly happy (they video is titled "5 things we enjoyed in RE3 and 1 we didn't) and Jim Sterling said it was very good in a tweet, although the jimquisition video will probably comes after the game's official release.

The Eurogamer review i read wasn't all that happy, but it liked the game to zome extent but it called it a step back from re 2 remake

Edit: The metacritic score is by now good whit a total of 80
Here they are if some of you want to read it
Il read some of the positive review too

Mr.R

The Eurogamer review i read wasn't all that happy, but it liked the game to zome extent but it called it a step back from re 2 remake

I didn't read their review though, as I stated, I watched Aoife Wilson's video on the Eurogamer YouTube channel.

D

Deleted member 21244

I didn't read their review though, as I stated, I watched Aoife Wilson's video on the Eurogamer YouTube channel.
I will take a look at it, i posted the metacritic score above if you want to take a look at all the review

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
The lack of Ink Ribbons has really made me nervous.
My whole plan for REmake 3 was to go into the game on Hardcore so I would be forced to use my saves carefully like in REmake 2, but now it seems like I can't do that.
Worse, some reviews are saying that the autosave gives away Nemesis' moments.

Top Bottom