• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake Resident evil 3 review are in

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
While I don't mind the action scene upon action scene (I'm a RE6 fan...oh well...) I do agree that it's hard to call RE3 a Remake. I still didn't finished yet (had a busier weekend than I expected, but I'm taking it slow and enjoying the game). In RE2R, you had the three main locations (even if the sewers and the Lab were entirely different places than the original) and people liking or not the "new" story, It's fair to call it a Remake. In RE3R's case, I suppose we could call an "Reimagination" of RE3. A new take on Jill's escape from Raccoon City. Is this a bad thing? For me, no. For some people it might be. I do miss this one classic location (the other two setpieces people complained about I couldn't care less. RE3 was my favorite of the original trilogy, but these two locations were so freaking bland...), but I'm having a lot of fun with the game.
Like you said, as much as RE2R changed some sections, at least they didn't remove any vital parts. They were all expanded upon and we were even given some completely new locations like the orphanage and gas station. That's how you do a proper remake.

RE3R also feels smaller. Not only are the levels fewer and smaller in size, but they are not even inter-linked! Meaning that you can't walk from the substation to the RPD, you can't walk from the RPD to the hospital, etc. There's no way to backtrack the city which is what made the OG so good, like when you revisit uptown and downtown. Instead the level-skipping is done via cutscenes that teleports you to the next set-piece, and then to the next, and to the next.

What bugs me the most is that the foundation is there. You got the basic structure of an inter-linked Raccoon City, but they choose to limit the experience in favor of "cutsceny" action chases with Nemesis.

D

Deleted member 21244

Like you said, as much as RE2R changed some sections, at least they didn't remove any vital parts. They were all expanded upon and we were even given some completely new locations like the orphanage and gas station. That's how you do a proper remake.

RE3R also feels smaller. Not only are the levels fewer and smaller in size, but they are not even inter-linked! Meaning that you can't walk from the substation to the RPD, you can't walk from the RPD to the hospital, etc. There's no way to backtrack the city which is what made the OG so good, like when you revisit uptown and downtown. Instead the level-skipping is done via cutscenes that teleports you to the next set-piece, and then to the next, and to the next.

What bugs me the most is that the foundation is there. You got the basic structure of an inter-linked Raccoon City, but they choose to limit the experience in favor of "cutsceny" action chases with Nemesis.
Well in the original you cannot backtrack after some part of the game too, maybe in this remake its more prominent

They remove the whole B scenario in re 2, it was a pretty vital part of that game and what make re 2 unique, so it's not really a faithful 100% remake

Re 1 remake is how remake should be done properly

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Well in the original you cannot backtrack after some part of the game too, maybe in this remake its more prominent
Of course, but the backtracking in the remake is non-existent outside the current level you're in.

They remove the whole B scenario in re 2, it was a pretty vital part of that game and what make re 2 unique, so it's not really a faithful 100% remake

Re 1 remake is how remake should be done properly
Technically they didn't remove the B scenarios but they messed it up bigtime by making Leon and Claire fight the same monsters at the same locations regardless of it being scenario A or B.

What I meant was that RE2R is a proper remake when it comes to the locations. That's why I said that as much as RE2R changed some sections, at least they didn't remove any vital parts like RE3R. Obviously its not a 100% faithful remake.

I do agree however that the epitome of remakes is RE1 remake.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I think there is a lot of validity to people complaining about Nemesis being reduced to being a set piece after you finish the Downtown section. But it bothers me that people are saying that Mr. X did it differently.

Mr. X only has chase sequences in the RPD (aside from that one section as Ada) and then a literal 30 second chase in the Labs during Leon's campaign. It is not that much different at all. Of course, Mr. X did have a bigger creep factor because of how cramped the RPD hallways seem.

But yeah - this is another game that suffers from rushing to get to the final product. After the Downtown area, everything is condensed and exploration is very minor. The puzzle solving is non-existant except for knowing which place to go in the RPD, Hospital, and NEST 2. The same issues occurred with RE2R - Once you got to the NEST, the product felt rushed.

Overall, the game is still great. I do wish we got to see more of the park and The Clock Tower. But maybe there will be some solid DLC that opens these area up?

D

Deleted member 21244

Of course, but the backtracking in the remake is non-existent outside the current level you're in.

Technically they didn't remove the B scenarios but they messed it up bigtime by making Leon and Claire fight the same monsters at the same locations regardless of it being scenario A or B.

What I meant was that RE2R is a proper remake when it comes to the locations. That's why I said that as much as RE2R changed some sections, at least they didn't remove any vital parts like RE3R. Obviously its not a 100% faithful remake.

I do agree however that the epitome of remakes is RE1 remake.
Well they did remove it, they put second run, and it's totally different from the b scenario, it was also a last second addition since developer confirmerd that there would have been no b scenario or second run, just two campaign when they announce re 2 at e3, but due to fan rage over this announce capcom later put a second run at the last minute

Regarding location yeah re 2 remake is a better remake thab re 3

Last edited by a moderator:

kaltunakar2

Perfect perfect perfect..it is much much better from resident evil 2 and from all resident evil franchise..it is the best zombie game i have ever played include last of us....i finish the game in 7 hours but it was worth for 70 hours...never listen the other people..perhaps it is best game for last ten years...trust me..you will nevee regret...you will live unbeliavable miments in your life...absolutely perfect...thank you thank you thank you capcom...you do your best resident evil..trust me it is beyond your imagination..i will buy collector edition as soos as i have money

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I loved the game too Kaltunakar2. Of course, I would have added more to the game to make it an even better remake. But I was overall very satisfied. I still think RE2 REmake was a better remake - and the Resident Evil 1 REmake is probably the best remake of any game ever made.

Where are you from? I love the way you write.

JuicyBombay

No ink ribbons for HC was a minor let down, the game was quite short overall and I came across a weird glitch early in the game where a zombie went completely invisible whilst i was in combat with it. Good game overall and the dodge mechanism blended in well. Jills movement felt more fluid compared to that of RE2. Nemesis looked great and wasn't designed too overboard. 8.5/10. I'll also post a link if you want to check out the glitched zombie I encountered.

kaltunakar2

I loved the game too Kaltunakar2. Of course, I would have added more to the game to make it an even better remake. But I was overall very satisfied. I still think RE2 REmake was a better remake - and the Resident Evil 1 REmake is probably the best remake of any game ever made.

Where are you from? I love the way you write.
I am from turkey :)) re 1 remake was legend...i bought a gamecube just for re 1 remake....re 2 remake of course was very special after that terrible last re series...but this game...i finished twice and i wait the night so i can start my 3rd journey..i am playing game for last 30 years...i am not rookie or amateur...and i can say that re 3 remake really perfect game..it is so good i can say best zombie product not best zombie game..because even in movies there isnt so perfect ambiance...i dont understand people why they rate so bad point...even a person dont like video games can fall in love this product...maybe in the end if they put a longer video this will be better..just ending is dissapointment....i waited very good scene when see carlos and nicolai fight but ended too soon and it hasnt got any emotion when jill take shoot..and helicopter scene it was quick and short..they can do that ending video much more better...and last word the nemesis...it was legend and more more scary than the original....i love it....

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I agree that the game is great. My issue is that I love the game, but it is too short and there are too many missing places to visit. But at least I can play this masterpiece AND the original RE3: Nemesis too!

Top Bottom