• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Remakes or New Games?

Remakes or New Games?

• Total voters

Mr Sunshine

I've seen in some threads people asking from Capcom the next resident evil games to be remakes. Should they be Remakes or new games? What do you think?

Personally, I don't think that remakes are a very good idea. I don't mind one or two in number, but I think that some people find the idea of making all classic REs remakes really exciting. I see them as reheated food. An easy way for the publisher to sell his products.

I want to see new ideas.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
as far as the story is going so far, might as well bang out a few remakes.
since we all love resident evil 2 and 3, (well me not so much for 3) but the majority does, umbrella chronicles was a bad example of a remake, so i for one would vote yes on a re2/3 remake, done properly.
LIN is a perfect example of how a remake could be done :)

T-Virus Injected

I feel like alot of ppl want remakes after how well RE looked when they remade it for the GC. The remakes I feel are more for a graphical overhaul more than anything.

tequila

Bottle Lover
I wouldn't mind a remake and add some new challenges of the story like they did with RE, but still had the same story plot. The graphics were great!

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
I do like Remakes, just because it's pretty cool seeing old elements in a new light..so to speak.

I'm gonna have to go with new games though. Something new is way better than replaying something you've already played, except for the fact that it has new graphics and some things may be different.

Mr Sunshine

aintnoscrub;71556 said:
umbrella chronicles was a bad example of a remake, so i for one would vote yes on a re2/3 remake, done properly.
LIN is a perfect example of how a remake could be done :)

From what I've seen LIN can bring back a lot of memories and looks great, but I don't think that you can call it a remake. Remakes have the same plot, a few additions to gameplay and story and better graphics. Games like Tomb Raider Anniversary, The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition and Resident Evil GC version are remakes.

Even if the gameplay is totally changed like in the Chronicles series I don't approve too many of them because it's the same story.

In my opinion, remakes are interesting in the future when there are new generations of gamers/viwers. For example the Dawn of the Dead film, because many people hadn't seen the orignal. The remake was released 26 years later.

aintnoscrub

Premium
From what I've seen LIN can bring back a lot of memories and looks great, but I don't think that you can call it a remake. Remakes have the same plot, a few additions to gameplay and story and better graphics. Games like Tomb Raider Anniversary, The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition and Resident Evil GC version are remakes.

i didnt call it a remake, i said its a perfect example of how a remake could be done.
just think about it when your playing LIN, how much it reminds you of re1 and even feels like it, imagine that game engine in a resident evil 2 remake.,
thats the point i was getting at.

Awaii-Lynne

momma cosplayer
The only problem I have with them making new RE games, is that they have completley lost that RE feel to the games...you know what I mean? They went from making the whole trying to survive through the night in some zombified mansion, or an overrun town full of zombies...okay, what I'm saying is I MISS THE DAMN ZOMBIES!!!!!

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Normally I'd say new games, but in the case of the RE series I think I want some more remakes.

T-Virus Injected

Imagine if they remade RE2 with RE5's graphics, that game would be golden the day it came out. I think just as many ppl want an RE2 remake as the ones who want a FF7 one.

aintnoscrub

Premium
since i love resident evil and final fantasy i couldnt decide which i want more..ff7 remake or re2 remake.
although ff7 would give you more hours of play to be fair.

Wesker_xSTARSx

I will always want more to the whole RE-world storyline... But, if it came down to a couple of more Resident Evil remakes, I wouldn't mind seeing RE, RE2, and RE3 redone with the RE5 game engine. As long as things didn't get changed in the story, then I'd love to see it happen.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
T-Virus Injected;71561 said:
I feel like alot of ppl want remakes after how well RE looked when they remade it for the GC. The remakes I feel are more for a graphical overhaul more than anything.

That would be my reasons! Unless Wesker is brought back I want remakes! Code Veronica remake all the way!!!

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Fallen91;71551 said:
I've seen in some threads people asking from Capcom the next resident evil games to be remakes. Should they be Remakes or new games? What do you think?

Personally, I don't think that remakes are a very good idea. I don't mind one or two in number, but I think that some people find the idea of making all classic REs remakes really exciting. I see them as reheated food. An easy way for the publisher to sell his products.

I want to see new ideas.

Remakes could be cool, but considering how lazy Capcom has been, I doubt they could make them properly, or just as amazing as RE1's remake. The half ass-remakes in the Chronicles series are probably the best we will get. Some new stuff would be cool though.

mjk321

I would like to see a REmake of 2 or 3 with the over the shoulder view
imagine going to a room not able to see what besides you until it's too late

REchangedme

S.T.A.R.S Chainsaw CEO
dang i started a thread bout this lol wtf i didnt see it well i agree it would be epic to make RE 1-3 with the setup resident evil games have today

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
I agree with the poeple who say games, I like the originals as they are and i would hate to see the pre-rendered backs replaced with the 3-d environment RE4 and 5 are in. Although they've come a LONG way from the original polygon 3d graphics (in my eyes) its still not comparible to the intricate artistry of pre-rendering. I'm oldschool like that though, i actually prefer the older games just for that reason.

I'd really like to see something new and original but make it believable i dont want Resident Evil 6 to turn into Onimusha

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Capcomplicated;76133 said:
I agree with the poeple who say games, I like the originals as they are and i would hate to see the pre-rendered backs replaced with the 3-d environment RE4 and 5 are in. Although they've come a LONG way from the original polygon 3d graphics (in my eyes) its still not comparible to the intricate artistry of pre-rendering. I'm oldschool like that though, i actually prefer the older games just for that reason.

I'd really like to see something new and original but make it believable i dont want Resident Evil 6 to turn into Onimusha
I think I agree because graphics isn't everything. Haha, they could do a remake for the C64 platform just to prove the point... =]

i dont want Resident Evil 6 to turn into Onimusha
Lol! Turned into what?

Top Bottom