• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Remake of the remake????

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Yeah they need to move on from the first game. I’m excited for REmake 2 and would love to hear that they are remaking Code Veronica, but I want to hear something about RE8 or a Revelations 3. Time to carry on with the story instead of backpedaling.

Noble Alfred

I honestly would have preferred moving on and making more newer games than remaking older sht over and over again. But, since they are this far they might as well remake RE3 and CV while they are at it.

RE1 remake is fine, remaking that will seriously feel like jerking yourself off over and over.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I don't think a remake of REmake is too ridiculous. I mean, I get why people want other remakes first, but I can definitely see the appeal of going back to the first game.

Resident Evil REmake is an absolute survival horror masterpiece, but it was also largely faithful to an outdated formula for better or for worse depending on who you ask. But given what they're doing with Resident Evil 2, a remake of the REmake would offer a radically different experience. Video game conventions have come a long way, and story telling in video games is much better now than it was in 1996 or 2002, and that is evident in the Resident Evil 2 REmake, big time.

Another remake can finally give us 2 definitive scenarios for Chris and Jill and flesh out their characters in ways never shown before. We know the STARS team had some personality because of the files, and it would be cool to see that demonstrated in game, and see how their relationships evolve once they're stuck in the nightmare together.

But most of all, I keep thinking about how much they can expand the game. Just like Resident Evil 2 had you working your way through Raccoon City to reach the Police Station, which by the way, is being expanded in REmake 2, I would love to see Resident Evil 1 reimagined to start the players off in the woods, rather than just skipping by it in a cutscene. I also think it would be cool to see the characters in the police station in the beginning. Show off some Wesker and Chief Irons shadiness, Barry's blackmail, and showcase some personality from Chris and Jill so we can get a glimpse of what they were like before the incident.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
That's not really needed. Fans are not even asking for it. The remastered remake for PS4 and Xbox One is extremely good and holds up well enough to today's standards. While nothing beats the story of the first game, I'd wish for Capcom to move along and come up with new interesting stories rather than rethreading old ones. A remake of RE3 is a must though, and one for Code Veronica would probably be neat too but after that I think they should stop. I mean where would they go after that? A remake of RE4? Hell no.

This is my wish list right now:
- Resident Evil 8 with either Mia or Ethan teaming up with one old school protagonist
- Resident Evil Revelations 3
- Nemesis remake

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
That's not really needed. Fans are not even asking for it. The remastered remake for PS4 and Xbox One is extremely good and holds up well enough to today's standards. While nothing beats the story of the first game, I'd wish for Capcom to move along and come up with new interesting stories rather than rethreading old ones. A remake of RE3 is a must though, and one for Code Veronica would probably be neat too but after that I think they should stop. I mean where would they go after that? A remake of RE4? Hell no.

This is my wish list right now:
- Resident Evil 8 with either Mia or Ethan teaming up with one old school protagonist
- Resident Evil Revelations 3
- Nemesis remake
I would like to see a REmake of 3 eventually too (I call it a ThREmake in my head :lol:) and I would definitely love to see a Revelations 3.

However, I really, really don't want Ethan or Mia to be part of the series from hereon in. Mia was shrill and annoying as hell (I know the obvious choice in 7 is to save her, but I actually chose to save Zoe in my first playthrough as she's a much less annoying character). Ethan was bland and showed little reaction or personality through 7. To me, they're both not likeable and I don't want them to be part of the series.

Jonipoon

I would like to see a REmake of 3 eventually too (I call it a ThREmake in my head :lol:) and I would definitely love to see a Revelations 3.

However, I really, really don't want Ethan or Mia to be part of the series from hereon in. Mia was shrill and annoying as hell (I know the obvious choice in 7 is to save her, but I actually chose to save Zoe in my first playthrough as she's a much less annoying character). Ethan was bland and showed little reaction or personality through 7. To me, they're both not likeable and I don't want them to be part of the series.
My guess is that they'll not continue Natalia's story in the 8th installment, but rather keep this for a third Revelations game (if it happens).

Ethan and Mia might be very different from previous action heroes in the series but I kind of enjoyed the more realistic take on them, they felt more like movie characters instead of video game characters. Nevertheless it felt very illogical when Mia was revealed to be a soldier.... That's when they should have revealed Chris Redfield in the game instead. Chris looks nothing like his old self though, his head is way too oval and he is not bulky enough.

That being said, having Ethan or Mia in an 8th installment would be a chance to evolve and flesh out their character arcs and make them even more interesting. But like I said, there HAS to be an old school protagonist around them to "school" them, so to speak. :p

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
My guess is that they'll not continue Natalia's story in the 8th installment, but rather keep this for a third Revelations game (if it happens).

Ethan and Mia might be very different from previous action heroes in the series but I kind of enjoyed the more realistic take on them, they felt more like movie characters instead of video game characters. Nevertheless it felt very illogical when Mia was revealed to be a soldier.... That's when they should have revealed Chris Redfield in the game instead. Chris looks nothing like his old self though, his head is way too oval and he is not bulky enough.

That being said, having Ethan or Mia in an 8th installment would be a chance to evolve and flesh out their character arcs and make them even more interesting. But like I said, there HAS to be an old school protagonist around them to "school" them, so to speak. :p
I'd like to think that they'd continue Natalia's story in a Revelations 3 but... part of me worries that they're going to do the same as they did with Revelations. They revealed things about Jessica and Raymond at the end and then that went nowhere. I'm concerned they're going to do the same with Revelations 2.

I think that the fleshing out of a character should be done when we first meet them, so that if they are going to be in another instalment, there's enough there to make you curious about them to warrant more fleshing out. That definitely didn't happen with Ethan for me, and Mia was far too annoying for me to want to know anything else about her.

I just realised that I haven't actually made a response to the topic of this thread.

I actually think REmake still stands up great, so to do it over again perhaps isn't necessary, but @Turo602 's post has got me wondering about the possibility of remaking the first game in the style of REmake 2, and that would be pretty cool. I guess I could say that I wouldn't be disappointed if they didn't but I guess it could be cool from an expansion point of view if they did. But I think there are other games that probably deserve remaking first, and also I do want something new for the series.

black 93

Honestly, id be down for this. Remake 2 is looking more and more amazing with every new piece of info, and iv always liked the RE engine itself. It definitley looks a lot more refined than it did in RE7, and it looked pretty damn good in that game too, so if remake 2 arrives and is as great as it's shaping up to be, id be more than happy to revisit the spencer mansion in this style. Capcom would defintley have to add more story elements and character arcs however, considering this would be the 3rd version of RE1.

noctorro

Jesus, how many more times are they planning to remake, remaster, reimagine and re-whatever the first game? Don't they have any new ideas?

The last time they had new ideas for the franchise, Capcom gave us RE6 and RE:ORC. No thanks.

Unknown

I support this.

The story of RE1 has not really been done to the same cinematic level as the other games. It is strange that after games like 2 and CVX, which both had emotional scenes with accompanying music, the REmake reverted back to bare bones cutscenes.

Jonipoon

I support this.

The story of RE1 has not really been done to the same cinematic level as the other games. It is strange that after games like 2 and CVX, which both had emotional scenes with accompanying music, the REmake reverted back to bare bones cutscenes.
That's why I love the enhanced remake. It feels like a classic 90's video game but with modern graphics.

I'm actually not a big fan of cinematic games. If the game is supposed to be an all-cinematic experience from the beginning, such as Heavy Rain or games by Telltale, that's totally fine. But when devs sacrifice vital gameplay aspects for cinematic stuff, that's a turnoff. Gameplay will always be the most important thing.

I know that's not exactly what you meant, but still. Like, why did you mention 2 and CVX but not 3? Perhaps 2 and CVX resonate more with you because you have a more nostalgic connection to those games. Maybe I'm wrong, but I know nostalgia tends to blind people.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Agreed. And honestly, how many times are we going to revisit the mansion incident? I would prefer that they continue in the direction they've started with remaking Resident Evil 2 and hopefully not wait as long to do the same to 3 and CVX.

Unknown

That's why I love the enhanced remake. It feels like a classic 90's video game but with modern graphics.

I'm actually not a big fan of cinematic games. If the game is supposed to be an all-cinematic experience from the beginning, such as Heavy Rain or games by Telltale, that's totally fine. But when devs sacrifice vital gameplay aspects for cinematic stuff, that's a turnoff. Gameplay will always be the most important thing.

I know that's not exactly what you meant, but still. Like, why did you mention 2 and CVX but not 3? Perhaps 2 and CVX resonate more with you because you have a more nostalgic connection to those games. Maybe I'm wrong, but I know nostalgia tends to blind people.

I’m talking about the cutscenes, there’s no emotional weight to them unlike 2 and CVX. Capcom really stepped up on the storytelling factor for RE2 with its character moments and soundtrack, all with no sacrifice to the gameplay but it’s unfortunately a huge step back for REmake (except its excellent introductory scene).

I didn’t mention 3 before because even though it does have one of the best intro cutscenes in the series, with amazing cinematography, its overall story is not as compelling as 2 or CVX nor is it as character driven as those games.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I don't think a remake of REmake is too ridiculous.t.

I think that most people's problem isn't that it would be ridiculous to remake 1 again since as RE2 remake is showing us there IS a appeal to seeing what they can do with this new vision and engine, I think most people's main gripe with this is its far to early to be talking about remaking the remake YET AGAIN when we haven't even gotten a remake of RE3 or RECV which DEFINITELY is more dated graphics and gameplay wise in comparison. Talks of remaking 1 again should not even come up until AFTER those games have been remade otherwise it will leave a bad taste in fans mouths. Also fans are waiting for news on RE8 or REV3, my personal opinion is a remake of 1 should be on the far backburner since those graphics have aged so incredibly well and given the fact that the recent remaster addressed the tank controls complaint by giving the player better movement AND gave it a HD touchup that we have already had the game changed enough for more modern audiences as is.

I think a remake of 1 should not happen again until after a remake of 3, CV, REV3, and RE8 comes out, those 4 games should all come first before Capcom goes that route.

Last edited:
Top Bottom