• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Remake of the remake????

Res_Veteran

I Work For Umbrella
Personally I don't think they need to Remake the 2002 Remake again it's stood the test of time and there is still a massive player base for the title from speed runs to no damage runs the graphics were stunning and the voice acting a massive improvement from the (1996) release in my opinion why re do something that isn't broken, Capcom need to build of the success that will follow with the RE2 Remake and start on Remaking Resident Evil 3 Nemesis.

Prosector

This is relative. If there is really a restructuring of every game scenario, there would be no problem. The atmofesra of the mansion should continue.

However, the game could start in the middle of the Raccoon's Forest. After a few minutes gameplay, the Alpha Team would find the mansion. The interior of the mansion should maintain the original architecture, but much wider and with new compartments. The cemetery and the hut area would have to be enlarged.

Also, the pool area and the doctors' rooms could be amplied. Finally, The Spencer's Mansion could win a winter resort look in poll area, as is original propose. Wide and extensive. More rooms, more rooms, more trails.

The laboratory, anyway, could use that conceptual art RAccoon City D, from RE2make. A cable car accessing a factory in the middle of the woods. This factory can be a factory of remedies, real remedies manufactured by Umbrella. The occult lab could have a coherent and consistent structure, not the surreal and untrue structure of the two original games.

Last edited:

RE-AnimatedFlyboy

I think it's perfect as it is. I'd rather see a remake of Nemesis, which already seems to be in the works and Code Veronica. I just hope they replace those annoying moths.

Mr.R

Honestly, I think a Remake of RERemake is kinda redundant. It's not that it's perfect, because on my opinion, it isn't. Presentation and atmosphere are on point. Story is nice. But the gameplay have aged so badly...the characters are slow and sluggish, it feels like you're controlling an 70 year old cop (and I said that based on the other RE with fixed cameras. The characters in RE2 and RE3, for example, are way, way agile than Chris and Jill on Remake). But I wouldn't had been so harsh in 2002, so...it is what it is. But if we're gonna think remakes, RE3 and CVX should it be the priorities (especially CVX, I mean...It took me a while, but the new Claire's face grew on me. I would like to see her in CVX.)

RedfieldFan

First of all, they need to remake RE3 and especially Code Veronica before even considering redoing RE1 again. RE8 and REV3 would also be very welcomed.

That said, if they chose to do it, it would probably work similar to the RE2 Remake in terms of gameplay and how would that even work? Most of the game takes place in small rooms and narrow corridors. Of course the locations would be expanded but still...

The Arklay forest should be a new location to explore and maybe even more places could be added to the Spencer Estate.

If they do it, I also hope the game will provide us with the true RE1 ending i.e. All 4 characters (Chris, Jill, Rebecca and Barry) escape at the end.

Top Bottom