• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Reapers...... ehhhhh....

Wesker's_heir

The Heir of Albert Wesker
Ok. I was playing Resident Evil 5 yesterday when I got to that stupid level with all the reapers (The big bug things that kill you in one hit). I decided to do a little experiment. I wanted to see what weapon works best against the reaper, so I tried a bunch of them... to my surprise, the best weapon to use against them was............................................. THE FIRST MACHINE GUN YOU GET!!!! It was not upgraded AT ALL. (except for infinite ammo) and killed it in less than five seconds on Veteran difficulty! It couldn't even reach me and flailed around like a stuck pig. I didn't even have to aim at the yellow things. it just.... died... Makes the reapers a lot less annoying for me. :lol:

Wesker's_heir

The Heir of Albert Wesker
The only time I use the IRL is on pro... kinda takes all the fun out of it, but on pro you need it basically. One hit kills.... ehhhhhh....

chrisheva

Chosen Keyblade Wielder
I KNOW, THAT SHOCKED ME!! On desperate Escape (professional/Jill) i likked all of them by myself!! no help from my partner... XD

Mr Sunshine

Wesker's_heir;74926 said:
the best weapon to use against them was............................................. THE FIRST MACHINE GUN YOU GET!!!! It was not upgraded AT ALL. (except for infinite ammo) and killed it in less than five seconds on Veteran difficulty! It couldn't even reach me and flailed around like a stuck pig. I didn't even have to aim at the yellow things. it just.... died... Makes the reapers a lot less annoying for me. :lol:

That's very interesting indeed! However you can't kill a reaper without a rocket launcher unless you hit him in his weak spots I think. I guess you killed it that fast because of the high rate of fire. You eventally hit the weak spots even if you didn't want to. I've killed a few reapers with a stationary gun and I didn't know how to back then. :confused:

Soul Of Faith

The Legendary Soul
i know that u also can use weapons to kill them
The S&W M500 Magnum is also a good option for killing them (with some good shots)

Hoady

I used to dread these things the most i but now i find them relatively easy, so long as there no enemies behind me.I just run far away with a powerful gun and wait till the middle thing pops up which happens for like a second and a half every 5-10 seconds then one pop its usually dead.

Don't know how powerful they are on professional though, i did the first part with the executioner and died in one hit by a normal guy so i'm just waiting till i've fully upgraded my M3 to infinite ammo before i go ahead lol.

Mr Sunshine

ShevaAlomarfan;74965 said:
i know that u also can use weapons to kill them
The S&W M500 Magnum is also a good option for killing them (with some good shots)

I guess you can kill them with weapons. However I can't see how you can kill them in under 5 seconds with the first machine gun unupgraded in veteran mode unless you hit their weak spot. Maybe I'll have to check it out myself. :confused:

We Are Ninja

I'm definitely gonna try the machine gun thing this evening. I didn't realize machine guns were that effective against reapers. I will bring my M3 along just in case I don't have the same luck...

REchangedme

S.T.A.R.S Chainsaw CEO
wow thats crazy i didnt think you could kill it with a machine gun but now im ganna have to try lol but my rocket laucher will be present if things go arie

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
I used the grenade launcher Electric rounds to stun then just blew them away with the shotgun...it didnt take long

They need a taxidermy room where you can place all the dead things you've killed in it..my three reapers would be in a gold showcase

sadistic_greyfox

I used to have a really hard time until me and my partner started messing about being fools with weapons, now I can take em out with the 92FS handgun. The feel is awesome and it's just fun, requires some good aim though.

ProtoTypeRaavyn

The Pro Zombie Killer
Give me Any Weapon And I can take them Out in Less than 8 Seconds. I need A video Editor so I can record me Killing them With Any weapon, put them together into one Video.

LordGolbez

You Can Take Them Down With Just About Any Weapon You Just Have To Know Where To Hit Them. My Personal Fav The Hydra.:D

LordGolbez

sadistic_greyfox;78096 said:
Can you take them out with a knife? :p That's one weapon I haven't tried killing them with.

I Said Almost Any Weapon I Would Not Try The Knife Or The Stun Rod If You Can More Power To You.:lol:

ProtoTypeRaavyn

The Pro Zombie Killer
I don't think you can do it with the Knife Since you get all messed up when you get too close to them. But the Stun rod, now that Something new. I must try this. LOL

sadistic_greyfox

Maybe if you can get one player to bait the reaper the knife is possible? I know we've taken out "the Guardians of Insanity"(sp) with just a knife" and it was way longer than it should have been.

ProtoTypeRaavyn

The Pro Zombie Killer
Do you know How UTTERLY long it takes to beat the Game using only the Knife? Some things We needed A gun for (like the Spider-crab thing on the Swirling Elevator, But we used the first gun and A couple grenades to whip in his mouth.)
The Exacutioner in 1-2 Takes A long time to but if you Angle Right in the Door Way you can get every majini that tries to get through the doorway, and you can see if the Exacutioner is getting ready to swing his Axe.

Top Bottom