• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) Real Ending

Valentine

Hard To Kill
Resident evil 3 has several endings, now why I'm bringing this up's because I want to know if there's a chanse of Nicholai's still breathing.
If you push Nemesis of the bridge, he will kill Nico however if not pushed him over the bridge you'll decide later when nico i in the helicopter if you want to return fire=kill him, or if you want to negotiate, if you negotiate he will fly out of there and survive. Now for you who knows what I'm talking about! what do you think/know's the real ending?

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
if you believe resident evil survivor is canon, then the canon ending to 3 is where nico lives.
although resident evil 3 according to resident evil wikipedia, is very simple, when it comes to canon endings, and thats just "jill kills nemesis"...so im guessing that any ending where you finish off nemesis is considered canon.

i couldnt really find much that was helpful to this =(

XmetallatemX

The last time i played re3 was in 2005. I do remember the bridge part, but not the outcome or consequence! Sorry i could not help! :(

alonecrow

if i'm not mistaken in remembering this, in RE:CV where claire ambush Umbrella HQ in Paris, there's a scene where nicholai was spotted in one of the chopper..

bruno

Chief Researcher
I think that Nicholai escapes the city, but only because he was an important character, i havn't read or heard anything about that.
I think that it's not important if Jill kills Nemesis or not, because he eventually dies in the explosion...

aintnoscrub

Premium
i dont think any of RE3 is that important, i mean from what i found there isnt much to say what is canon for the game.

Valentine

Hard To Kill
Some of you have misunderstood, you'll have to kill Nemesis in any ending, you'll have to fight Nemesis and decide wether you want or don't want to kill him in all endings.

aintnoscrub

Premium
i know he eventually dies because of the explosion etc..but the legit canon ending is, jill picks to finish him.

Valentine

Hard To Kill
Yes, when you finnaly defeted him you'll have two alternetives

1. Finish the monster
2. Ignore the mosnter and evacuate

but it doesn't have anything to do with Nicholai dies or lives, you'll always have those two choises no matter what ending youll choose but I understand you when you say that the 1st one is canon.

aintnoscrub

Premium
yaaa, but when you come across nico in the helicopter, and you have 2 options, one is negotiate, to have him live don't you have to negotiate, i dont think ive never picked that option cuz i always pick alternative, so i wouldnt know..
but what i'm saying comes from what ive read.

Valentine

Hard To Kill
When you meet him in the helicopter the two alternatives you'll have are

1. Return fire=killing him cuz he was shooting at you before.
2. Negotiate with Nicholai.

I've tried them all and if one choose to negotiate Nicholai will fly out of there alive.

Valentine

Hard To Kill
I bring this up again on thought of perhaps a RE6. I really want to know if he's still alive. I found this on RE wiki.

"The player's choice affects Nicholai's fate. If Jill jumped off the bridge, Nicholai has two other fates;

If Jill jumps, Nicholai takes the last helicopter, and Jill has the choice to either blow up his helicopter and kill him, or try reason with him, which allows him to escape.
If Jill didn't jump off the bridge, then Nicholai is killed by the Nemesis.

The history timeline in Resident Evil 5 confirmed that Nicholai took the last helicopter but it did not confirm whether Jill killed him by blowing up the helicopter or not, basically leaving Nicholai's fate up to the player.

In Resident Evil: Survivor, a report can be found dated October 6, 1998 which is signed by Nicholai. However, this is only in the English version of the game. In the original Japanese version of the game, the report is signed by the "Umbrella BOW R&D Team", not Nicholai."

nemesis_lover

Nic getting away in the helicopter is the real ending. This is confirmed in the Resident Evil Archives book, which is published by Capcom themseleves:

"Jill entered the factory control room, and from the window she saw a military helicopter. In the pilot's seat was Nicholai. It was clear he was trying to escape on his own. Jill called him on the radio and demanded that he cooperate with them, but Nicholai still had no intention of doing so. In fact, he revealed to her that he had been assassinating his teammates for a special reward, and that there was even a small price on Jill's head. And so, to collect on those rewards, he aimed the helicopter's machine guns at the room Jill was standing in.

But then, Nicholai realized that high-powered missiles were approaching the city, and he stopped his attack and proceeded with his selfish plan to escape. When Carlos came running in to see what had been happening, Jill informed him that their one means of escape, the helicopter, had now been stolen by Nicholai.

So this also confirmes that good old Barry made his way to the city to save Jill in time. The S.D Perry version of the book also enlists Barry at the end, but I think she kills off Nicholai, i'd have to read it again.

jillmainforever

The history timeline in Resident Evil 5 confirmed that Nicholai took the last helicopter but it did not confirm whether Jill killed him by blowing up the helicopter or not, basically leaving Nicholai's fate up to the player.

Valentine, in Resident Evil 5's "History of Resident Evil" file it says nothing about Nicholai getting the last chopper. So the canon ending is left to the player's choice. Besides, they all lead to the the same result: Jill escapes. Personally, I like the one with her and Carlos only because it makes Jill more of a badass, not a prissy lady who needs help all the time. In the other ending she's either a killer or in constant need of help. The games should be considered the only canon material source (if they come boundeled with a guidebook, databook that explains additional pieces of information about the main story, I suppose they should also be taken into consideration, although a digital format should also exist for those people who didn't buy a CD/DVD version). Except die-hard fans, who else knows of books about a series? It's not fair to leave the other players in the dark and add "exclusive" content in that book only to sell it, seems gimmicky.

I also consider her Resident Evil 1 chapter to be canon, I just suppose Rebecca escaped the mountains somehow else. In Resident Evil 2, I like Claire A/Leon B. I like Dreamcast's Code Veronica more, without X, as the latter only adds some silly useless cutscenes that show how much Wesker dislikes Chris and vice-versa. Sometimes simpler is better. RE Zero was also pointless. That's what I think though, much of the old RE lore is left to the interpretation of the player.

Last edited:
Top Bottom