• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 re5 racist!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

Oh god, I heard about this already. Anyone who is ignorant and absurd enough to believe this garbage can go jump off a bridge right now. Just because the zombies are black now, it's racist! Just because Chris Redfield is in Africa killing zombies that are black, it's racist. Do you really think a bunch of Japanese game producer's intended to make this game racist? As Chris Redfield says in the trailer, "I'm just doing my job." I'm going to state it like this, Chris isn't killing the people because their black, he's killing them because their ZOMBIES! Only idiots are stupid enough to put something like this racist instead of seeing real racism in the world. And no, the game isn't going to be cancelled because of this. It's nobody's intentions to make it racist except the morons who think it's racist. Point made I'm finished.

Tony_Redgrave

I've heard this before. It is completely ridiculous. If the game was about racism then all previous RE games should have been sued because the hero was killing white people or he was a member of the police...
People just find the gaming thingy an easy target and try to take money from it that's all. Which is pretty pathetic if you ask me..

JP

He's someone who works for a group called the BSSA now and he's been sent in to investigate an incident in the region where he is in the game.

Sephiroxas

Obviously they didn't notice the fact that Resident evil 4 could be just as "racist" but they're not. o_O

JP

Don't worry, it will come out. Just because some idiot thinks it's racist when it's most definately not, isn't gonna stop it from being released. And if somehow they change the story or if it even doesn't come out, I will be shocked. :eek:

stev

"!to investigate an incident in the region!"
is this somekind of C.S.I resident evil.

~Excella~

Premium
I wish people would stop taking out the racism card.

She didn't complain when we had black and white zombies in the original game. She didn't complain about Jason Voorhees.

~Excella~

Premium
I am making a comparison because he was like a zombie. He was the living dead and he had brown, rotting flesh like the zombies. No one screamed racism.

JP

oor

I don't remember zombies and Jason Voorhees looking brown. I think they just look a paler color from whatever race they already are. The reason some people think it's racist is because you have a white man (Chris) in Africa killing black villagers (the zombies) and stupid retards think he's killing them just for their race. Anyway, I still don't see the reason to bring up Jason Voorhees even after you explained it. I don't see how he could get invovled in race at all.

~Excella~

Premium
Wow. No offence, you're just making a big deal out of a comment.

Have you ever seen Jason Voorhees? How can you not say he isn't brown? He looked just like the zombies from the original RE.....I brought it up because a lot of the main characters in the movies who always kill him are white people. These zombies are brown, which doesn't make them african americans, it's just rotten flesh, like Jason. You are missing the point that these zombies are brown because they are rotten, not because they are actually african american.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11302725@N03/1151259260/

http://www.fridaythe13thfilms.com/media/figures/part6_jason2.jpg

I'd call that brown.

Sephiroxas

[quote author=JadeSpeyer link=topic=42.msg468#msg468 date=1191421132]
Wow. No offence, you're just making a big deal out of a comment.

Have you ever seen Jason Voorhees? How can you not say he isn't brown? He looked just like the zombies from the original RE.....I brought it up because a lot of the main characters in the movies who always kill him are white people. These zombies are brown, which doesn't make them african americans, it's just rotten flesh, like Jason. You are missing the point that these zombies are brown because they are rotten, not because they are actually african american.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11302725@N03/1151259260/

http://www.fridaythe13thfilms.com/media/figures/part6_jason2.jpg

I'd call that brown.
[/quote]

But they...ARE black. Even when they're not zombies. so I don't see what this has to do with Rotting flesh. As There is no one Rotting in the Resi 5 Trailer
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u63/Sephiroxas/t_re5_e32k7_extendeda_h264_0006.jpg

JP

Wow. No offence, you're just making a big deal out of a comment.[/quote]

Uh, wow. Your also making a big deal out of a comment. I'm just trying to make a point and so are you. Let's just leave it at that.

xXCheshireCatXx

[quote author=JP link=topic=42.msg476#msg476 date=1191443278]
Wow. No offence, you're just making a big deal out of a comment.[/quote]

Uh, wow. Your also making a big deal out of a comment. I'm just trying to make a point and so are you. Let's just leave it at that.
[/quote]

everyone has to make a mountain out of a mole hill >:(

RE4

This topic is really stupid. RE5 isn't racist. Just because they decide to put African Americans in the game doesn't mean they're racist. So you're telling me if Capcom was to put Spanish people in a RE (which has already been done), they would be racist too?

Example:
The other day I was watching a show on t.v. called "Everybody Loves Raymond"
Raymond went to visit a hospital to help people out that are being taken cared of. So, he started off by helping an old woman who was refusing to take her pills. he convinced her to take them and she said " You tricky little whit boy". Then, one of my friends pointed out, "You see, if they said you tricky little black boy it would be a problem", which I totally agree. That's amazing how the world is today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom