• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 RE5 or RE6?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I find cover, dodging and doing all that things useless in a game like re 6 and bad implement, it's not a fact that they have a use or are good... Explain me what is the purpose of cover in leon campaign for example? Or rolling while you are on the floor? Or dodging?

I only used this cover sisyem and dodging sometime on Chris campaign on the hardest difficulty and for some stealth in ada campaign, but for the rest of the game they were completely uselles, never used the m once...

Its turo s opinion that they were good and and of use...

For me they were uselles if for other people were of use than good for them XD but ist not a fact
You just admitted to using them...Therefore, by definition...They're not useless. Because they garnered use. Now, you may not LIKE them. You may think they're poorly implemented. Whatever case you wanna make for them. But because it is a working mechanic that garners use, it isn't "Useless."

Also, yes, a gameplay mechanic can be an opinion. But using proper language matters. Saying something is good or bad. Yeah. That's an opinion. Saying something is "useless" when that is verifiably false, is not an opinion.

D

Deleted member 21244

You just admitted to using them...Therefore, by definition...They're not useless. Because they garnered use. Now, you may not LIKE them. You may think they're poorly implemented. Whatever case you wanna make for them. But because it is a working mechanic that garners use, it isn't "Useless."

Also, yes, a gameplay mechanic can be an opinion. But using proper language matters. Saying something is good or bad. Yeah. That's an opinion. Saying something is "useless" when that is verifiably false, is not an opinion.
I only use them 3 times, for the rest of the game they where useless, I use them for 10 minutes in harder difficulty, for the rest of the 50 hour of gameplay in story mode and other 100 hour of gameplay in mercenaries mode they were completely useless....
Maybe I should have write this before, so no argument would have been created around the world uselles

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I think that is a validated opinion. I think we are being too strict with the term "useless" here. Obviously, you can play the game with these mechanics and sometimes are shoehorned in - but they are not necessary. Even objectively, they have little to no value and we can still use the term "useless" to describe them in this sense.

People use the term useless like this all the time. Would having a second watch on your wrist be useless? According to the description we have created in this thread - the second watch is useful because you can use it. But why use it ever? It doesn't add any value to what you already have. Maybe there are situations you could use a second watch (if the first one breaks or using one as a stopwatch) - but I think the term "useless" would be justified to describe the second watch. But after all - that's just my OPINION.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I think that is a validated opinion. I think we are being too strict with the term "useless" here. Obviously, you can play the game with these mechanics and sometimes are shoehorned in - but they are not necessary. Even objectively, they have little to no value and we can still use the term "useless" to describe them in this sense.

People use the term useless like this all the time. Would having a second watch on your wrist be useless? According to the description we have created in this thread - the second watch is useful because you can use it. But why use it ever? It doesn't add any value to what you already have. Maybe there are situations you could use a second watch (if the first one breaks or using one as a stopwatch) - but I think the term "useless" would be justified to describe the second watch. But after all - that's just my OPINION.

To say the mechanics have objectively little to no use or are unnecessary because you don't have to use them is absurd. You don't have to dive in Max Payne, you don't have to use the knife in Resident Evil 4, you don't have to punch in Halo, that doesn't make it unnecessary when there are advantages to it and is part of the gameplay experience and fun of the game.

Your watch analogy doesn't work. If you said a 2nd watch is useless except for when you use it, then your entire "opinion" comes crumbling down, therefore it is not valid.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment

Here is a well thought out video on why RE6 deserves the negative feedback it got. The Youtuber explores the great things about RE6, but also explains the reasons these positive attributes can't save the game from being one of the worst in the franchise.

mert20004

Here is a well thought out video on why RE6 deserves the negative feedback it got. The Youtuber explores the great things about RE6, but also explains the reasons these positive attributes can't save the game from being one of the worst in the franchise.
I think that video is trash. He sucks at the game and blames the game for his mistakes. ( Why is he out of ammo most of the time and why doesnt he use game's mechanics? Oh and the game tells you quick herb mix button; it's not hidden. )

And why isnt he reviewing the story, isnt this a game review? He reviews re2 remake's story but not re6's. His toxic " My opinion is a fact. " tone doesnt help either. Oh and that thumbnail; it's a curse.

I've actually commented a long essay ( Split into 2 parts ) to his video and explained why ı mostly disagree with him. The only things ı can agree is the game having too much qtes and the prologue level not teaching some of the game's mechanics.

I know you dont like the game uniqteas but ı'm a big defender of re6 and ı've put so much hours into it. When ı decided to check his video; ı thought he was going to review everything about the game. Instead all ı've found in there was garbage.

These videos are better imo:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I only linked that video because it gave both positive and negative aspects of the game before shredding the game. I mean, these are all opinions, so no one can take that away. I mean, objectively, the script for RE6 is probably worse than most other games. But if you like high action COD style games with a little bit of scares, RE6 is a great game. I personally really like RE6, but I still think it is the worst in the series (of the main games).

The Metacritic Score doesn't help it much either: https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/resident-evil-6

And nice adding the Avalanche Reviews link. I love that guy.

D

Deleted member 21244

Everyone have its opinion of course , but the fact that re 6 is bad is an universal opinion, even capcom admitted it...
I personally enjoy it but i cant denay the fact that game was bad by almost evey point

Last edited by a moderator:

mert20004

I only linked that video because it gave both positive and negative aspects of the game before shredding the game. I mean, these are all opinions, so no one can take that away. I mean, objectively, the script for RE6 is probably worse than most other games. But if you like high action COD style games with a little bit of scares, RE6 is a great game. I personally really like RE6, but I still think it is the worst in the series (of the main games).

The Metacritic Score doesn't help it much either: https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/resident-evil-6

And nice adding the Avalanche Reviews link. I love that guy.
I know it's an opinion but he has this weird " My opinion is a fact. " tone to it in the video; it's so obnoxious. And he's reviewing the game as an action horror re game and trying to say that it's a " bad " game. So the " Bad re game, good game " statement doesnt work when it comes to his video. And he still sucks at the game.

I disagree with re6's story. I think it's great. Voice acting is amazing, 4 campaigns connect to each other very well, character interactions are pretty cool, chris' and jake's campaigns have great character development, simmons and carla as new villains are interesting, ( They even appear in marhawa desire manga. ) fanservice to other re games are amazing and the game's files contain really cool information that has even more fanservice. ( I know people dislike the over the top nature of it but it doesnt bother me to be honest; the franchise already had a cheesy / over the top tone to it from the start and things started to escalate more starting with re2. This continued all the way up to re6 then they did a weird job with re7. ) Sure it has missed potential here and there but every re game does.

Really wished re7 was a sequel to it storywise; didnt like how it felt more like a reboot instead. I also dont like how they didnt make re2 remake's scenarios similar to re6's campaigns either; they dont connect to each other at all.

Re6 isnt a cod ripoff game, especially in chris' campaign. You cant run out of ammo in cod; not to mention those boring 1st person shooter games are boring to me. But in re6; you can. You need to use the game's mechanics to save ammo. If you shoot everything, you'll run of ammo easily; especially in higher difficulties. It's more fair to compare it to vanquish instead of cod. Reorc is cod; not re6.

I also like how chris' campaign feels more challenging compared to others; one of the reasons why it's my most favourite campaign.

Metacritic isnt a reliable site, it's trash and game journalists suck too. I dont need to go into detail why. Also ı just noticed; why the newer releases have lower scores compared to old versions when the newer versions have been updated?

Everyone have its opinion of course , but the fact that re 6 is bad is an universal opinion, even capcom admitted it...
I personally enjoy it but there i cant denay the fact that game was bad by alnost evey point

0:59

" Re6 was a great game featuring heroic characters and we heard from many re fans about how fun it was and how happy it made them... "

The correct word you're looking for is " divisive " ; not " bad ". Umbrella corps is the game you're describing.

Not to mention; re6 sold a lot. I know sales dont dictate quality but when it comes to re6's sales; ( Even pc, ps4, xbox one and switch remasters sold a lot and by that point, the game have already became controversial. ) still using the " Sales dont dictate quality " statement is lazy.

Also how can you enjoy the game if you dislike it and think it sucks? I mean; ı'm not a big fan of re7, from all main re games; it's my least favourite but ı dont say the game sucks. It's still good.

D

Deleted member 21244

I know it's an opinion but he has this weird " My opinion is a fact. " tone to it in the video; it's so obnoxious. And he's reviewing the game as an action horror re game and trying to say that it's a " bad " game. So the " Bad re game, good game " statement doesnt work when it comes to his video. And he still sucks at the game.

I disagree with re6's story. I think it's great. Voice acting is amazing, 4 campaigns connect to each other very well, character interactions are pretty cool, chris' and jake's campaigns have great character development, simmons and carla as new villains are interesting, ( They even appear in marhawa desire manga. ) fanservice to other re games are amazing and the game's files contain really cool information that has even more fanservice. ( I know people dislike the over the top nature of it but it doesnt bother me to be honest; the franchise already had a cheesy / over the top tone to it from the start and things started to escalate more starting with re2. This continued all the way up to re6 then they did a weird job with re7. ) Sure it has missed potential here and there but every re game does.

Really wished re7 was a sequel to it storywise; didnt like how it felt more like a reboot instead. I also dont like how they didnt make re2 remake's scenarios similar to re6's campaigns either; they dont connect to each other at all.

Re6 isnt a cod ripoff game, especially in chris' campaign. You cant run out of ammo in cod; not to mention those boring 1st person shooter games are boring to me. But in re6; you can. You need to use the game's mechanics to save ammo. If you shoot everything, you'll run of ammo easily; especially in higher difficulties. It's more fair to compare it to vanquish instead of cod. Reorc is cod; not re6.

I also like how chris' campaign feels more challenging compared to others; one of the reasons why it's my most favourite campaign.

Metacritic isnt a reliable site, it's trash and game journalists suck too. I dont need to go into detail why. Also ı just noticed; why the newer releases have lower scores compared to old versions when the newer versions have been updated?

0:59

" Re6 was a great game featuring heroic characters and we heard from many re fans about how fun it was and how happy it made them... "

The correct word you're looking for is " divisive " ; not " bad ". Umbrella corps is the game you're describing.

Not to mention; re6 sold a lot. I know sales dont dictate quality but when it comes to re6's sales; ( Even pc, ps4, xbox one and switch remasters sold a lot and by that point, the game have already became controversial. ) still using the " Sales dont dictate quality " statement is lazy.

Also how can you enjoy the game if you dislike it and think it sucks? I mean; ı'm not a big fan of re7, from all main re games; it's my least favourite but ı dont say the game sucks. It's still good.
Enjoying it dosent mean that had to be good, i enjoy the time playing it but the game was bad... I enjoyed the online part and mercenaries
Re 6 didnt sold well, yeah it sold a lot of copies but it was a step back in sales compared to re 5... re 6 infact didnt meat capcom sale expectection by the end of the fiscal year

The correct word for me is bad not divising

mert20004

Enjoying it dosent mean that had to be good, i enjoy the time playing it but yhr game was bad...
Re 6 didnt sold well, yeah it sold a lot of copies but it was a step back in sales compared to re 5... re 6 infact didnt meat capcom sale expectection by the end of the fiscal year

The correct word for me is bad not divising
No; objectively the " correct " word is divisive, not bad.

And capcom says re6 is a success; missing the target doesnt automatically make it a failure.

https://www.reddit.com/r/residentevil/comments/6qa6s6
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-01-24-has-capcom-saved-resident-evil

Also correct me if ı'm wrong on this part but didnt re7 and re2 remake miss the sale target too?

D

Deleted member 21244

D

Deleted member 21244

Wait; ı'm a bit lost on this. Dont re7 and re2 remake have big budget as well similar to previous main re games? Like, re2 remake had 800 employees working on the game.
Re 7 had a team of 120 people you write it yourself, and had lesser budget than re 6... Re 2 had a team of 800 members but they were probably working at re 3 remake too

mert20004

Re 7 had a team of 120 people you write it yourself, and had lesser budget than re 6... Re 2 had a team of 800 members but they were probably working at re 3 remake too
No; re7's team is made of 600 people or more similar to re6's team. The source ı gave proves that. Also check the credits; it isnt less than re6's staff.

As for re2 remake; didnt the devs start working on re3 remake after re2 remake got released? I dont think they were working on re3 remake while re2 remake was being developed.

D

Deleted member 21244

No; re7's team is made of 600 people or more similar to re6's team. The source ı gave proves that. Also check the credits; it isnt less than re6's staff.

As for re2 remake; didnt the devs start working on re3 remake after re2 remake got released? I dont think they were working on re3 remake while re2 remake was being developed.
They were working at re 3 remake at the same time of re 2 remake, there is no triple A game in eart that can came out in less than a year ... There were two different team, one was working at re 2 remake and the other at re 3 remake, the two team were a whole of 800 members but this fact isn't confirmed

Re 7 had a team of 120 members thats official
https://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/15/11940734/resident-evil-7-biohazard-e3-2016

Top Bottom