• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 RE5 or RE6?

HookerZombie

If you're into Tomb Raider, try Underworld. One of the levels is set in South Mexico where Lara sets out to explore the Mayan underworld Xibalbá.

Wait, what? Isn't a tomahawk a weapon?

If you're wondering if Chris is of a mixed race, I believe that idea came from Romero giving him Native American roots in his rejected movie script, but in the games, no, I don't believe he was ever stated to be anything but white. I'm also still trying to find out if Jill is actually half-French and half-Japanese, but I can't even remember anymore where I got that from.

I think it is stated on the Resident Evil wiki page that Jill is half french and half japanese but I think that's silly. She was clearly played by a white actress in the live action cutscenes of the first game and Jill looks and sounds very much like an American white girl in every other game she's in. I think whoever invented that about her background was probably either a French guy who likes Japanese girls or a Japanese guy who likes French girls. Go figure.

D

Deleted member 21244

Residenf evil 5

At a least re 5 was a good action game and the story was connected to the rest of the franchise and wesker was the main antagonist, while re 6 was a poor action game whit poor plot, poor villains, and the plot doesn't have anything to do whit the series

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I thought the shooting from the floor Die Hard style made the game even more action focused. But it was fun to do. I played Leon's campaign first and in that train section, I was sliding all over the floor and fist fighting every zombie that got in my way. Dumb - but fun. haha. I still reiterate that RE5 is the better game.

D

Deleted member 21244

The fact is that re 6 movement are all useless and to mechanical to do whil fighting, what the point in doing all that dodge? Laying on the floor? Staying behind walls? They are so uselles... Revelation 2 did a better job in putting a single button for dodging...

resident evil 6 move are dumb, cover is so uselles and weird to use, and playing the game is so heavy that you look like you are using a tank instead of a character

Last edited by a moderator:

Turo602

The King of Kings
The fact is that re 6 movement are all useless and to mechanical to do whil fighting, what the point in doing all that dodge? Laying on the floor? Staying behind walls? They are so uselles... Revelation 2 did a better job in putting a single button for dodging...

resident evil 6 move are dumb, cover is so uselles and weird to use, and playing the game is so heavy that you look like you are using a tank instead of a character

There was nothing wrong with Resident Evil 6's mechanics and they are definitely not useless as they open up so many different opportunities in combat that when used correctly, can make the game feel tense and satisfying. Resident Evil shouldn't be an action game, but Resident Evil 6 was and the extra mobility options definitely made it a better one, and it's a shame more action games and shooters haven't incorporated such satisfying mechanics. Capcom should definitely think about bringing back that kind of gameplay in a new IP.

Also, how in the hell do the characters feel like tanks in RE6? If anything, that's the classic games and I loved that. My biggest gripe with RE6 is how floaty and loose the characters feel. They have no weight to them and melee moves don't feel as impactful as they did in RE5. Had the characters moved more like they did in Revelations 2, but with the added mechanics RE6 had, I think I could have enjoyed the game a lot more. Though, the game still has tons of issues.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I used to hate RE5 and 6 due to what they represented, but now that Resident Evil has returned to form, I've been playing alot of RE5 and 6 lately and have grown far more fond of the games.

Though if I have to pick, I have to say I like RE5 more, mostly because of what the game has in terms of replayability content and visual style.
I very much prefer the Mercs mode of RE5 because of the LARGE amount of characters to choose from and the fact that I can play as the best version of Albert Wesker mechanically, plus Jill in that battlesuit is just :wink:.
Also I love the amount of campaign content with more weapons, costumes and what not.

RE6 may have a huge main campaign and a awesome Mercs mode, but the replayability of the campaign was very little for me due to being unable to use costumes in the campaign without the use of mods and no unlockable weapons, not even an unlimited rocket launcher.
Thankfully the Switch release allows you to use costumes in the campaign now, finally!! So I can finally get Sherry in her sexy short top and hot pants!

D

Deleted member 21244

There was nothing wrong with Resident Evil 6's mechanics and they are definitely not useless as they open up so many different opportunities in combat that when used correctly, can make the game feel tense and satisfying. Resident Evil shouldn't be an action game, but Resident Evil 6 was and the extra mobility options definitely made it a better one, and it's a shame more action games and shooters haven't incorporated such satisfying mechanics. Capcom should definitely think about bringing back that kind of gameplay in a new IP.

Also, how in the hell do the characters feel like tanks in RE6? If anything, that's the classic games and I loved that. My biggest gripe with RE6 is how floaty and loose the characters feel. They have no weight to them and melee moves don't feel as impactful as they did in RE5. Had the characters moved more like they did in Revelations 2, but with the added mechanics RE6 had, I think I could have enjoyed the game a lot more. Though, the game still has tons of issues.
For me all that move are uselles in that game, I never use them, what the purpose in using cover or laying down? They are uselles as hell I use them maybe two or three time in harder difficulty and cover is very boring to do, you have to aim than use the x button while aiming and continue to hold the aim button and use a directional button to go out of the cover... Also the character look like tank to me they look heavy to control, they don't move smoothly as revelation 2, re 4 5 or re 2, that's what I meant whit tank also every time they take a hit they fall down like idiot... They have slow response after you push the directional button there isn't an immediate respond in moving compared to other resident evil game

Yeah I agree that doing all that move it's great but they are all useless in that game, they are bad incorpored in gameplay mechanic, Revelations 2 is better in every way, I prefer to use a single button to dodge like in revelations 2 than using all that stupid move and button to simply do the same things

All the resident evil 6 mechanic and movement were already existing in other game like metal gear solid 4 and gears of War, and they were Done 100 time better so I don't understand why you say that developer should incorporate re 6 component in more game, since they already did before it and way way better

Turo602

The King of Kings
For me all that move are uselles in that game, I never use them, what the purpose in using cover or laying down? They are uselles as hell I use them maybe two or three time in harder difficulty and cover is very boring to do, you have to aim than use the x button while aiming and continue to hold the aim button and use a directional button to go out of the cover... Also the character look like tank to me they look heavy to control, they don't move smoothly as revelation 2, re 4 5 or re 2, that's what I meant whit tank also every time they take a hit they fall down like idiot... They have slow response after you push the directional button there isn't an immediate respond in moving compared to other resident evil game

Yeah I agree that doing all that move it's great but they are all useless in that game, they are bad incorpored in gameplay mechanic, Revelations 2 is better in every way, I prefer to use a single button to dodge like in revelations 2 than using all that stupid move and button to simply do the same things

All the resident evil 6 mechanic and movement were already existing in other game like metal gear solid 4 and gears of War, and they were Done 100 time better so I don't understand why you say that developer should incorporate re 6 component in more game, since they already did before it and way way better

The mechanics aren't useless. You just don't use them and that's more of a you problem. Also, I never once experienced input lag nor do I agree with your assessment that the characters move like tanks. They just don't. Revelations 2 also has a dodge mechanic that's suited for that game. It serves a completely different function than it does in RE6. Also, don't lie to me. I can't speak for MGS 4, but no such mechanics exist in Gears of War. You can't slide, shoot from the ground, and dodge roll in Gears of War. Those are excellent action game mechanics that are rarely ever utilized in third-person action games, with Vanquish being the only other game I can think of with such cool maneuvers being integrated with gunplay.

D

Deleted member 21244

The mechanics aren't useless. You just don't use them and that's more of a you problem. Also, I never once experienced input lag nor do I agree with your assessment that the characters move like tanks. They just don't. Revelations 2 also has a dodge mechanic that's suited for that game. It serves a completely different function than it does in RE6. Also, don't lie to me. I can't speak for MGS 4, but no such mechanics exist in Gears of War. You can't slide, shoot from the ground, and dodge roll in Gears of War. Those are excellent action game mechanics that are rarely ever utilized in third-person action games, with Vanquish being the only other game I can think of with such cool maneuvers being integrated with gunplay.
Cover where first implemented in that way in gears of War that s why I cited it, if you think about cover gear of War is the first game you should mention .. My opinion is that the mechanic in resident evil 6 are uselles, I probably played the game for 300 hours and find all those mechanic uselles, especially in mercenaries and online mode, many review say the same and many people that I know think the same so it's not just my problem ...

If you don't agree whit me fine, but my experience whit the game is that, the gameplay mechanic are uselles for me, for you they aren't, and that's fine I probably think that there are tones of people like you who think that those mechanic are useful, just relax, in the world there are different opinion, there is not an absolute things...

Turo602

The King of Kings
Cover where first implemented in that way in gears of War that s why I cited it, if you think about cover gear of War is the first game you should mention .. My opinion is that the mechanic in resident evil 6 are uselles, I probably played the game for 300 hours and find all those mechanic uselles, especially in mercenaries and online mode, many review say the same and many people that I know think the same so it's not just my problem ...

If you don't agree whit me fine, but my experience whit the game is that, the gameplay mechanic are uselles for me, for you they aren't, and that's fine I probably think that there are tones of people like you who think that those mechanic are useful, just relax, in the world there are different opinion, there is not an absolute things...

I never once mentioned cover. I'm talking about mobility and you even referenced movement. So why single out one mechanic and tell me other games had the same mechanics like what I said was wrong?

Your opinion can't be that they are useless when they have a use, especially since you even stated that you use them on harder difficulties, so clearly, it has a use. Just because people don't take advantage of them, doesn't mean something is suddenly useless. That's like saying melee is useless because I just shoot everything. The strategic advantages of the mechanics aren't diminished by your personal playstyle.

Also, I don't care about other people's opinions who I don't know or haven't talked to. For all I know, these people you're talking about could be the same people I've seen suck ass at the game all over the internet because they don't take advantage of the mechanics, but then there they are speaking harshly about the game. Just like the whole Sheva's A.I. sucks thing. Saw a dude playing terribly at the game, and just as he said Sheva's A.I. sucks, she kept saving him over and over again.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

I never once mentioned cover. I'm talking about mobility and you even referenced movement. So why single out one mechanic and tell me other games had the same mechanics like what I said was wrong?

Your opinion can't be that they are useless when they have a use, especially since you even stated that you use them on harder difficulties, so clearly, it has a use. Just because people don't take advantage of them, doesn't mean something is suddenly useless. That's like saying melee is useless because I just shoot everything. The strategic advantages of the mechanics aren't diminished by your personal playstyle.

Also, I don't care about other people's opinions who I don't know or haven't talked to. For I all know, these people you're talking about could be the same people I've seen suck ass at the game all over the internet because they don't take advantage of the mechanics, but then there they are speaking harshly about the game. Just like the whole Sheva's A.I. sucks thing. Saw a dude playing terribly at the game, and just as he said Sheva's A.I. sucks, she kept saving him over and over again.
Ok

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Oi! I agree with Turo in the argument that the movements have use despite feeling out of place in an RE game.

But I disagree with this sentence: "Your opinion can't be that they are useless when they have a use"

His opinion can be whatever it is! And I love reading AlbertWesker959's strange opinions and deciphering what he means in every post. haha

D

Deleted member 21244

Oi! I agree with Turo in the argument that the movements have use despite feeling out of place in an RE game.

But I disagree with this sentence: "Your opinion can't be that they are useless when they have a use"

His opinion can be whatever it is! And I love reading AlbertWesker959's strange opinions and deciphering what he means in every post. haha
I hope it was sarcastich

Turo602

The King of Kings

You can't opinionate on facts. People hide behind the word opinion too often like if it gives merit to what they say or like it gives them the right to say whatever they want. Saying something is useless just to admit it's useful is a logical fallacy.

D

Deleted member 21244

You can't opinionate on facts. People hide behind the word opinion too often like if it gives merit to what they say or like it gives them the right to say whatever they want. Saying something is useless just to admit it's useful is a logical fallacy.
There are two different opinion here, me saying that re 6 mechanics are uselles, you saying are useful... None of this two is a fact... Can you relax dude and realize that what you say isn't a fact? If you just want to have the right in every argument you made than ok take the right, But I will continue to say that RE 6 mechanic were uselles...

Turo602

The King of Kings
There are two different opinion here, me saying that re 6 mechanics are uselles, you saying are useful... None of this two is a fact... Can you relax dude and realize that what you say isn't a fact? If you just want to have the right in every argument you made than ok take the right, But I will continue to say that RE 6 mechanic were uselles...

Saying they're useless is factually incorrect. I explained why, you chose to say "ok." If you refuse to see why and want to hide behind opinions and still push false statements, don't get bothered when I call you out. You seem more wrapped up in who's right or who's wrong more than understanding. You can just go ahead and block me then if you don't ever want your opinions challenged.

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
@Albertwesker959 I think you're having a problem understanding what an "Opinion" is. Which, to be fair, lots of people do. An opinion, is what you think about something subjective. Something that can't be an objective fact. For example, a favorite color. Your favorite color being green is an opinion. You can't PROVE Green is better than any other color. A fact is something like, the earth is the 3rd planet from the sun. This will always be true. You can't say "My opinion is the earth is the 2nd planet." Because it's not an opinion. It is factually wrong. You can objectively prove it as such. Opinions are ONLY for things that have no ojbectivity to them. So in this case. You're wrong. The mechanics aren't inherently "Useless," because than can be of use. You simply can't have an opinion about this, because it isn't a subjective statement.

D

Deleted member 21244

@Albertwesker959 I think you're having a problem understanding what an "Opinion" is. Which, to be fair, lots of people do. An opinion, is what you think about something subjective. Something that can't be an objective fact. For example, a favorite color. Your favorite color being green is an opinion. You can't PROVE Green is better than any other color. A fact is something like, the earth is the 3rd planet from the sun. This will always be true. You can't say "My opinion is the earth is the 2nd planet." Because it's not an opinion. It is factually wrong. You can objectively prove it as such. Opinions are ONLY for things that have no ojbectivity to them. So in this case. You're wrong. The mechanics aren't inherently "Useless," because than can be of use. You simply can't have an opinion about this, because it isn't a subjective statement.
I find cover, dodging and doing all that things useless in a game like re 6 and bad implement, it's not a fact that they have a use or are good... Explain me what is the purpose of cover in leon campaign for example? Or rolling while you are on the floor? Or dodging?

I only used this cover sisyem and dodging sometime on Chris campaign on the hardest difficulty and for some stealth in ada campaign, but for the rest of the game they were completely uselles, never used the m once...

Its turo s opinion that they were good and useful...

For me they were uselles if for other people were of use than good for them XD but ist not a fact

Also game play mechanic can be opinione since everyone had its play style...
Example: in mgs someone can find uselles the rolling move, other didn't, or in tekken someone can find a character less useful than another for his play stile, or in call of duty modern warfare i can find the m4 more useful and the sniper rifle uselles while is the complete opposite for other people, I can also find the night vision Google useless while other find a use in it, and this apply to all gameplay mechanic in every game... There areb't fact about gameplay

Top Bottom