• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 RE5 or RE6?

mert20004

They were working at re 3 remake at the same time of re 2 remake, there is no triple A game in eart that can came out in less than a year ... There were two different team, one was working at re 2 remake and the other at re 3 remake, the two team were a whole of 800 members but this fact isn't confirmed

Re 7 had a team of 120 members thats official
https://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/15/11940734/resident-evil-7-biohazard-e3-2016
Ok; ı might be wrong when it comes to re2 remake's or re3 remake's development and dev teams but re6 and re7 had same amount of people worked on them. Check the credits; the amount is same.

And that reddit link already contains that re7 link; ıdk why you posted that again.

I think ı need to copy paste some of the same info here again:

" Now on the other side , It is being spread that Staff members working on RE7 are only 120 People , But they forgot to mention that this number is for the staff members working only on Japan according to RE7 Producer Kawata Who also noted that "Resident Evil 7's team size hasn't shrunk " "

" Now what about the worldwide staff Members for RE7 , Capcom didn't say an official number like in the case of RE6 , But one look at the credits of RE7 will tell you that the staff members for RE7 isn't 120 like the myth is saying , In fact it is no less than RE6 Staff members "

Mr.R

Not gonna enter on that discussion. I prefer RE6 to RE7 any day, but I don't have the patience to defend it, because the hate on this game is bigger than my previously cited patience. Also, the overrated aspect of RE7 (which is a good game until you beat Marguerite and then turns to a borefest) is also bigger than my patience.

What I'll say though, I highly agree with one of the videos about the part where it says RE7's facial animations are weird. Yeah...none of the characters looks..."right". The way their mouths move is very, very weird, especially Mia. RE6 has way better facial expression (and character design overall, monsters included). But maybe that's because they were still tinkering with those kind of animations, since DMC5 and RE2Remake facial expressions are very, very well done.

D

Deleted member 21244

Ok; ı might be wrong when it comes to re2 remake's or re3 remake's development and dev teams but re6 and re7 had same amount of people worked on them. Check the credits; the amount is same.

And that reddit link already contains that re7 link; ıdk why you posted that again.

I think ı need to copy paste some of the same info here again:

" Now on the other side , It is being spread that Staff members working on RE7 are only 120 People , But they forgot to mention that this number is for the staff members working only on Japan according to RE7 Producer Kawata Who also noted that "Resident Evil 7's team size hasn't shrunk " "

" Now what about the worldwide staff Members for RE7 , Capcom didn't say an official number like in the case of RE6 , But one look at the credits of RE7 will tell you that the staff members for RE7 isn't 120 like the myth is saying , In fact it is no less than RE6 Staff members "
I don't know if that its true could be, but officially there were a total of 120 members...
Also re 6 sales were a failure capcom himself sayd it
https://www.polygon.com/2013/2/8/39...com-sales-expectations-development-challenges
Also re 6 reached the target of 7.4 milion copies in total by September 2018, 6 years after it's release and also thank to it's remastered, instead re 7 sales reached 6.8 milion of copies by September 2019, just two years after it's release, and it wasn't even remaster for any console... So re 6 was a total disappointment compared to re 7 and re 2 remake, re 2 reached 5 milion copies in just one year without re releasing

Last edited by a moderator:

mert20004

I don't know if that its true could be, but officially there were a total of 120 members...
Also re 6 sales were a failure capcom himself sayd it
https://www.polygon.com/2013/2/8/39...com-sales-expectations-development-challenges
Also re 6 reached the target of 7.4 milion copies in total by September 2018, 6 years after it's release and also thank to it's remastered, instead re 7 sales reached 6.8 milion of copies by September 2019, just two years after it's release, and it wasn't even remaster for any console... So re 6 was a total disappointment compared to re 7 and re 2 remake who reached 5 milion copies in just one year without re releasing
That article simply says re6 didnt reach the target sale number; it doesnt say the sales were a failure. Re7 also missed the target but the game is a success; capcom simply has very high expectations when it comes to sale targets.

Capcom calls the game a success in this:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-01-24-has-capcom-saved-resident-evil

" "From a business perspective, Resident Evil 6 was a success," acknowledges Kawata... "

And re6 sold a lot more than that; pretty sure " 7,4 " doesnt include the sales from pc, ps4 and xbox one. It sold faster than re5 as well; ı think it can beat re5's sale numbers in the future. Not to mention the game along with re5 has been released for switch and those ports are good unlike re7's messy switch port.

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
RE7 never got an official Switch port. Besides, the quality of ports doesn't really make one game better than the other. Personally though, they're both terrible anyway, but I'd rather play RE6 over RE7 any day.

D

Deleted member 21244

That article simply says re6 didnt reach the target sale number; it doesnt say the sales were a failure. Re7 also missed the target but the game is a success; capcom simply has very high expectations when it comes to sale targets.

Capcom calls the game a success in this:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-01-24-has-capcom-saved-resident-evil

" "From a business perspective, Resident Evil 6 was a success," acknowledges Kawata... "

And re6 sold a lot more than that; pretty sure " 7,4 " doesnt include the sales from pc, ps4 and xbox one. It also sold faster than re5; ı think it can beat re5's sale numbers in the future. Not to mention the game along with re5 has been released for switch and those ports are good unlike re7's messy switch port.
In total a of today combining all platform the game sales are 9.2 milion copies, the 7.4 milion copies were from all platform as of 2018...
It had a strong start but than the sales went down
Re 5 instead had strong sales and good reviews and sold 2 milion copies more than re 6 in total...

Also if we talk about quality of the game re 6 quality is poor, its full of glitch bug that can be clearly seen, unfinished level and texture that came out from the ps1 era, just take a look at Chris car level... Re 7 instead is very polished there are no bugs no bad texture ecc... Re 5 was also better, no bugs, no bad textures and was one of the best polished game i ever seen

There can be different opinion about the fact that you like re 6 or re 7 more but not about technical level

mert20004

In total a of today combining all platform the game sales are 9.2 milion copies, the 7.4 milion copies were from all platform as of 2018...
It had a strong start but than the sales went down
Re 5 instead had strong sales and good reviews and sold 2 milion copies more than re 6 in total...

Also if we talk about quality of the game re 6 quality is poor, its full of glitch bug that can be clearly seen, unfinished level and texture that came out from the ps1 era, just take a look at Chris car level... Re 7 instead is very polished there are no bugs no bad texture ecc... Re 5 was also better, no bugs, no bad textures and was one of the best polished game i ever seen

There can be different opinion about the fact that you like re 6 or re 7 more but not about technical level
Can ı recommend you to check this? Re6 sold a lot more than what you're implying. This also gets updated btw.

https://vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Resident_Evil

Also of course re5 is gonna sell more; it got released before re6. I think re6 can beat re5's sale numbers in the future.

As for graphics; re6's graphics look fine to me. Sure there are low textures here and there but re4 and re5 also had them here and there. I think you should check umbrella corps; in that game the graphics look awful compared to re5 and re6. I think re6 has slightly better graphics than re5. And umbrella corps is definitely very buggy unlike re5 or re6 that simply have a few bugs but nothing that big.

Reorc's situation is also similar to umbrella corps.

Re7 also have bugs; one bug ı definitely want to mention is related to deputy. When you unlock the garage, sometimes it's possible he wont get up and simply stays on ground instead. The dialogue still happens normally then jacks appears out of nowhere ( Seriously he teleports and appears randomly. ) and attacks the thin air with his shovel. Then magically deputy appears on ground as killed. That happened to me once and ı couldnt stop laughing. Pretty sure there are more but ı dont think it's more or less than most re games in the series.

And ı never said re6 has better graphics than re7; so ı'm not sure what you mean with that last sentence. Though re6 has better face animations and character designs than re7 and re2 remake. Imo darkside chronicles and re6 have some of the best character designs in the series.

RE7 never got an official Switch port. Besides, the quality of ports doesn't really make one game better than the other. Personally though, they're both terrible anyway, but I'd rather play RE6 over RE7 any day.
Ok; it was exclusive to japan, ı forgot to mention that. But regardless of that; it still got released to switch and the port was terrible.

Oh and ı still find it weird that re6's newer releases have lower metascore compared to older ports when the newer releases got updated. Granted ı dont trust that terrible site due to being a mess but this is still worth mentioning.

D

Deleted member 21244

Can ı recommend you to check this? Re6 sold a lot more than what you're implying. This also gets updated btw.

https://vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Resident_Evil

Also of course re5 is gonna sell more; it got released before re6. I think re6 can beat re5's sale numbers in the future.

As for graphics; re6's graphics look fine to me. Sure there are low textures here and there but re4 and re5 also had them here and there. I think you should check umbrella corps; in that game the graphics look awful compared to re5 and re6. I think re6 has slightly better graphics than re5. And umbrella corps is definitely very buggy unlike re5 or re6 that simply have a few bugs but nothing that big.

Reorc's situation is also similar to umbrella corps.

Re7 also have bugs; one bug ı definitely want to mention is related to deputy. When you unlock the garage, sometimes it's possible he wont get up and simply stays on ground instead. The dialogue still happens normally then jacks appears out of nowhere ( Seriously he teleports and appears randomly. ) and attacks the thin air with his shovel. Then magically deputy appears on ground as killed. That happened to me once and ı couldnt stop laughing. Pretty sure there are more but ı dont think it's more or less than most re games in the series.

And ı never said re6 has better graphics than re7; so ı'm not sure what you mean with that last sentence. Though re6 has better face animations and character designs than re7 and re2 remake. Imo darkside chronicles and re6 have some of the best character designs in the series.

Ok; it was exclusive to japan, ı forgot to mention that. But regardless of that; it still got released to switch and the port was terrible.

Oh and ı still find it weird that re6's newer releases have lower metascore compared to older ports when the newer releases got updated. Granted ı dont trust that terrible site due to being a mess but this is still worth mentioning.
Resident evil 7 was never released for switch in any country, also re 4 5 6 were more easy to port since they are old generation game...

Re 4 had good graphics it was released for GameCube first, and the graphic was amazing for it's time...

Re 5 had batter texture and general graphic than re 6, but re 6 had better lighting effect and character model

Umbrella corps and operwtion racconc city were spin off made whit low low low budgrt you cant compare them to main game

Also check capcom sales site for proper number

mert20004

Resident evil 7 was never released for switch in any country, also re 4 5 6 were more easy to port since they are old generation game...

Re 4 had good graphics it was released for GameCube first, and the graphic was amazing for it's time...

Re 5 had batter texture than re 6 and general graphic, but had better lighting effect

Umbrella corps and operwtion racconc city were spin off made whit low low low budgrt you cant compare them to main game

Also check capcom sales site for proper number
Re7 was released for switch in japan though.

I disagree with your thoughts on re6; ı think the graphics look good, better than re5's graphics.

Doesnt matter if they are spinoffs or not; the amount of low effort those 2 games have are ridiculous.

And capcom's official site is a mess when it comes to sale numbers; they dont list re5 and re6's pc sales not to mention the ps4 and xbox one sales are at bottom for some reason, those sales along with pc sales arent listed with ps3 and xbox 360 sales which is weird. Vgsales is the most reliable one and list the sales better compared to capcom.

I'm not gonna argue more with you on this though cause this is going nowhere. I've made my good points why nerrel's re6 video is complete trash and if you want to disagree with that and completely turn a blind eye to my statements; that's fine ı guess. We'll be on different sides of the same coin when it comes to re6 and re7.

Regardless ı've already saved that long detailed essay ı commented to his video. If for some reason he decides to delete youtube comments, then it wouldnt be a big problem for me.

D

Deleted member 21244

Re7 was released for switch in japan though.

I disagree with your thoughts on re6; ı think the graphics look good, better than re5's graphics.

Doesnt matter if they are spinoffs or not; the amount of low effort those 2 games have are ridiculous.

And capcom's official site is a mess when it comes to sale numbers; they dont list re5 and re6's pc sales not to mention the ps4 and xbox one sales are at bottom for some reason, those sales along with pc sales arent listed with ps3 and xbox 360 sales which is weird. Vgsales is the most reliable one and list the sales better compared to capcom.

I'm not gonna argue more with you on this though cause this is going nowhere. I've made my good points why nerrel's re6 video is complete trash and if you want to disagree with that and completely turn a blind eye to my statements; that's fine ı guess. We'll be on different sides of the same coin when it comes to re6 and re7.

Regardless ı've already saved that long detailed essay ı commented to his video. If for some reason he decides to delete youtube comments, then it wouldnt be a big problem for me.
Resident evil 7 was never released for switch in japan, it was only playable via streaming and its the same version as the console version since it dosent use switch hardware but capcom server, it's a streaming its not the switch port of the game

That's the point of arguing, i talk whit people for hour about things, sharing different opinion

Last edited by a moderator:

~Excella~

Premium
I still don’t get the hate for these games, I thought they were both great.

I prefer 6, I thought it had a better story and was much more fun to play.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I wish there was a Poll attached to this because I feel like we have a weird amount of RE6 fans on the forums. haha

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I think RE6 was loads better than RE5. Neither were masterpieces in my opinion but 6 at least attempted to bring in the horror, especially in Leon's campaign and Chris's campaign was compelling enough to keep me playing (specifically because of Piers, not Chris but whatever) in spite of the action.

5 on the other hand just wasn't great for me. I don't like the majinis in general. I liked playing as Sheva since I'm left handed and I like bows but as a character I thought her back story was bland and cliche. I wasn't given reason enough to sympathize with anyone, nor reason to find the level designs interesting. It was very blah. Mercenaries was ok, but it was ok on 6 too.

TL;DR - RE6

mert20004

I prefer re6 over re5.

One of the reasons why ı prefer re6 over re5 is due to the fact that re5 has gameplay elements which are online exclusive while re6 doesnt.

Re5 feels more designed around online while re6 feels more designed around single player. I've played them for the most part by myself rather than online so that's one of the reasons why ı prefer re6 over re5.

Plus re5 has tank controls while re6 doesnt. ( Why does re4 and re5 have tank controls? Dead aim and outbreak file 2 are more survival horror oriented games than those 2 and those allow moving and shooting while not having tank controls. ) So that's another reason why ı prefer re6 over re5.

Another thing is the story.

Like ı feel like barry and rebecca could have been utilized in main story of re5. ( Instead of them being exclusive to mercenaries reunion. )

The reason why ı think they could have is cause re5 is a re1 reunion ( " Well; isnt this one big family reunion. " ) and only barry and rebecca are missing.

I've seen people criticise re6 for missing claire and while that's understandable since re6 is basically a re2 reunion not to mention, leon says " This is raccoon city all over again. " . But ı've literally never seen anyone criticise re5 for missing those 2 characters. Not to mention re5 is missing more main characters from re1 compared to re6 that's missing only one main character from re2. And the non-canon modes dont count.

I dont think it's even said somewhere why barry and rebecca are missing in re5 either. I mean claire wasnt in re6 cause capcom wanted her in rerev2 which is a more survival horror oriented game and claire's more fitting to that since re6 is extremely action oriented and claire is a civilian who works for terrasave which is a non combat org compared to chris ( bsaa ) and leon ( dso ) who work in combat org. Meanwhile rerev has nothing to do with those 2; it's about chris and jill with lackluster voice performances for characters except chris and that's due to roger craig smith. Rerev2 ( Barry and moira. ) and biohazard the stage ( Rebecca. ) are released after re6 and those 2 take place after re5; not before. Oh and there's a big 3 year time gap. ( 2006-2009. ) Re6 only has 6 month time gap which is shorter while re5 has 3 years. I wonder what chris and bsaa were doing during that 3 year time period.

Oh and claire is mentioned in re6 ( She supported sherry as well as other things like meeting chris and leon to each other. ) while barry and rebecca arent mentioned in re5 other than the game's files that retells past events. Like the files dont say what those 2 were doing in bsaa. I dont think they are mentioned in re5 guidebooks; not sure if those explain what those 2 were doing in bsaa either.

I have some ideas about the new re5 and how characters could have been utilized in a different way.

Here let me share this:

1. Chris and jill in re5 lin but a longer one.
2. Wesker alone in re5 lin but a longer one. ( Shows his adventures about going to spencer's estate. Ends after wesker kills spencer and chris and jill find him. )
3. Chris and rebecca in re5's main story.
4. Jill and barry in re5's main story.
5. Sheva and josh in re5's main story. ( As much ı like sheva; she feels forced to re5's story, sure not as much as ashley and entire re4's plot but still. Like her backstory doesnt have any relevance to the game's story and ı liked her big brother sister relationship with josh. Wished that was utilized more. I think re6 and rerev2's coop feel less forced and side characters / their backstories play more role in story. Though ı will say that in some ways; re5's coop has more depth than re6's coop even though ı prefer re6 coop over re5's. )

Not sure how the new story would turn out but ı wanted to mention this. I feel like re5 could have turned out like this and wesker could have been killed in a different way. Instead of chris and sheva firing 2 rockets; make chris, jill, barry, rebecca and sheva fire 5 rockets instead.

Oh and rebecca and barry have their melee attacks from mercenaries reunion.

And ı mentioned multiple story modes cause ı love multiple story modes a lot ( Re2 and re6 handle multiple campaigns best ı think. ) and ı dont think re5 handles multiple story modes ( Jill's dlcs ) as good as re4 ( Separate ways. ) and re6 do.

Another thing; re5 uses more dangerous compounds ( Plaga type 2, plaga type 3, dominant plaga, uroboros and progenitor. ) than re4 ( Plaga type 1 and dominant plaga. ) and re6 ( C-virus and enhanced variant. ) do and in this department; it feels less focused than those 2 games.

The monster designs in re5 dont look as interesting as the ones in re4 and re6 do imo and ı think the monsters feel more fun to fight in those 2 games. Re4 has more interesting plaga mutations than re5 and re6 has better j'avo mutations ( They can mutate up to 3 body parts, the combination is insane. ) than those 2 games.

One small thing that really bothers me is ı wished ndesu could have been fought normally instead of bow being exclusive to a turret section.

They could have used uroboros and progenitor more as well. Uroboros is only used in bosses; the only normal monster related to it is reaper honestly there should have been more uroboros monsters. And re5 lin should have had more monster variety; the only monster in that mode is blob; like ıdk couldnt there be more monsters in that mode related to progenitor? You dont fight anything else until you find wesker.

Oh and ı feel like the whole p30 stuff is unnecessary. It doesnt add that much anything to story and jill gets underutilized in the game due to this. I'm not bothered that much by it but ı wished re5 lin was longer at least plus there are some cut dialogue.

To sum this up; ı dont dislike the final version of re5, but ı think it could had been much better.

For me; re6 is better than re5 and fixes that game's issues and even re4's.

Last edited:

pa-pappys8675309

I liked 5 more than 6 simply because I hate QTE's and when I was excited and oops, here's another QTE I would be mashing my controller into junk and that just took the joy out of it in some ways. The story was great and there's great action though so I played it until I could play every character several times through, but 5 had a more satisfactory playability for me. I never got hooked on either one's mercenary games like I did with 2, 3, 4 though. Not sure why.

Top Bottom