• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Question of the Week 5; KFC's 'Double Down Sandwich - is this going too far?

Mr Sunshine

^^^Well I don't eat every day, but only when I'm out. Living with your parents can have its advantages as well! :p However I don't think that I can eat 4000-5000 calories in a day. I would throw up for sure.

Anyway

La Femme Fatale;73604 said:

KFCSandwich-resized-600.jpg

Is this going too far, or is it really any different from any other meal you'd order at KFC?

There is a difference actually. This one looks disgusting.

La Femme Fatale;73604 said:

Do you think these fast food joints should be more devoted or obligated to promote healthy lifestyles by not providing customers with meals like this? Or should that responsibility be left to customers?

I can't say for sure. I suppose there is a limit on the amount of danger in these kinds of situations. For example customers are responsible for drinking or smoking cigarettes but the same doesn't apply for weed. I think that we need to know how much dangerous exactly fast food is.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
:eek: :lol: Hahahaha I've been seeing commercials for that thing alot here lately. I, personally, think it looks kinda tasty xD I'll probably end up trying it atleast once to see if it's as good as it looks.

I was raised on fried chicken, mashed taters, and gravy hahahaha...I'm used to eatin' this kinda food. Although, homecooked southern food is much much better.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Slash;73660 said:
there aren't any kfcs here, but i think that's exaggerated, so much fat lol
Those numbers are directly from KFC's official website... if anything they'd be understated, lol. But I mean, that's two pieces of fried chicken, processed cheese, greasy bacon and the 'Colonol's sauce' which is probably some horrible concoction of mayo and God knows what else...

Torque

Just imagine how greasy the fillet chicken pieces would be. I personally wouldn't want to eat something that is going to drench my hands in oil, it just turns me off eating the product.

Though I have never seen this in KFC in australia yet, I don't think I will ever see it, as people would get addicted to it, and begin to perhaps rely on this particular food. Australia's health situation isn't the best, and I believe this product will never reach here, hopefully not since I reckon it would do more harm than good.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Yeah, I don't think its in Canada either. I was in a mall yesterday which had KFC as an outlet in the food court, and I couldn't see it on the menu.

We Are Ninja

Torque;73739 said:
Just imagine how greasy the fillet chicken pieces would be. I personally wouldn't want to eat something that is going to drench my hands in oil, it just turns me off eating the product...

It's not really oily, but the chicken breasts are very juicy. The sandwich isn't heavy like a cheesebruger either, but it is filling. When it's done, you know you just ate something epic and shaved several days off of your life at the same time.

tequila

Bottle Lover
Kellyrose;73648 said:
This.
It it not the job of the company to babysit it's consumers. I think its crazy that some people would sue fast food places on that grounds that they are responsible for their illnesses. Its not like the nutritional information of their food is hidden away in some secret vault somewhere, its all readily available. The company is not to blame for people's ignorance.

To a certain extent, the nutritional info was not on display. That was until researchers cracked down and yeah. I do agree, but it can also be fault for the person cooking it that can lead to people getting sick. I had a friend who got food poisoning from some fast food restraunt and found out that the food may have still been raw, That's nasty. Also, to have some reputation or real stories out there to find little critters inside your food that can really mess up your health is just even worse.

Blah I think I read too much crap online, but then again.. what is there to believe?

tequila

Bottle Lover
We Are Ninja;73688 said:
There are many more people that are just the opposite, and we LOATHE people like you... LOL :lol:

That's why I hate fast food... I gained a few lbs within a few months, adding very stressful situations. :mad:

But once you're used to something, it's hard and a commitment to pull out of :lol:

Now I stay away from those fast food joints like McDonalds, Burger King, and all that.

The only fast food joint that I go to is Subway. Other than that, I gotta run to the market and buy food to prepare at home. :)

LordGolbez

Triple Whopper Sandwich
w/Cheese
1230 calories
82 grams of fat
3 grams of fiber
52 grams of carbs

This Sandwich Is Pretty Bad Too.

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
It's going way too far :|

But the responsebilities is also from the customers themselves. I would never order that 0_x! At McDonalds, the fishburger is the only thing I order <3 Of course some chips and a milkshake too :3

LordGolbez

SNPAL21;73892 said:
Too far, well just subtract the cheese and add some ketchup. Then we talking =]

It Comes With Ketchup And Almost Everyone Orders It With Cheese Where I Live.

We Are Ninja

LordGolbez;73858 said:
Triple Whopper Sandwich
w/Cheese
1230 calories
82 grams of fat
3 grams of fiber
52 grams of carbs

This Sandwich Is Pretty Bad Too.
That is insanity... :blink:

Top Bottom