• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

~PS3: FAT Or Slim??~

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Kellyrose;62786 said:
For anyone still doubting that this is a totally awesome system, check out this post I found on the PSforums:

It only does everything, eh?
I don't know if this can be true, but it sounds awesome. :D

Kellyrose

Have any of the ps3 users here encountered troubles with the PSN? I've been getting that 8001050 error or whatever, I'm scared. :unsure:

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
I'm not a ps3 owner however I did happen to hear on the news today at work that sony has admitted fault with the playstation network and a lot of users not being able to get online recently due to some error. I think you would have to research to find out more because I'm a little sketchy on the details.

Kellyrose

I think it's fixed now. I was about to flip a b*tch because all my trophies disappeared, but they're back now. ^_^
Apparently it was some trouble with the older models and a glitch in the internal clock thinking it was a leap year, idk the specifics, but there was a lot of talk on the playstation forums about mass recalls and such. Kind of worrying when thousands of systems brick for what seems like such a little problem.

It didn't affect any of the newer PS3 Slims.

CassidyAcid

Yeah I read about this.

My PS3 is currently bust (it's an oldie, from 2007!) and I'm yet to take it to get fixed. But I'm so happy I missed this :|. I don't know if I could hack losing all my saves, even though I played before trophies (so I have like, 8) and most of my games I had before I went online.

To be honest I'd like the slim, but I think once mine gets fixed it's got a few years left.

We Are Ninja

PS3 Fat FTW. Launch day 60 gig that plays the entire PS2 library. I may pick up a slim eventually to share some of the load, though...

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
How is the build quality?

Peeps keep claiming that one of the versions is better quality than the other one of them because they had one that broke, or their friend had one that broke. Such claims doesn't mean a thing unless they are funded on statistics.

Kellyrose

I hear only Sony has the real statistics on failure rates between the two, but I haven't really put much effort into finding out. I like the fat ps3 just on principle, since I did spend around 500 bucks on that bad boy.

Top Bottom