• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Problem

krysty

Can someone help me?

I started playing Resident Evil the Director's Cut on my PS2 and I am at that part where the sealing falls over you (Jill scenario) where Barry is supposed to save you but nothing happens and I get killed.

I can also go back to the room where I got the shotgun but then i can't leave, it tells me ''It won't move at all''

If i put the shotgun back, i can get out of there with nothing happening.

What the hell is going on?

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
If your on jills scenario,he literally doesnt save you till last minute, and you have to go up to the locked door a few times.

wpstudart

Nice Sig krysty :lol:

Yeah, it happened the same thing with me. Just try getting the broken shotgun. It's better than run a risk :p

krysty

I guess sig twins won't hurt the board.

Anyway, what broken shotgun are you talking about? You mean leave that shotgun and get some other shotgun later in the game?

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
Look at the map of foor 1 on the left hand side of the map search that area, i can't remember exactly but its in that general area i think.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Have you made sure to check both of the doors before the ceiling lowers on you? I usually go back and forth the whole time and I've never had a problem like that. ;)

krysty

There are two doors, the one that takes you to that corridor with the green walls or the one that takes you in the office with the shotgun, the door to the office is open, if I enter it while the sealing is falling, i can get in, which is not normal, it should be locked, i've seen it in a walkthrough.

I'l do a video about it and post it for everyone to understand.

codename: HUNK

Resident evil has many alternate ways of doing things. Barry will only come to save you if you do things in a certain order. You'll know he's going to save you if both doors in the room are locked. If the door leading back to the room where you found the shotgun is open, he's not coming for you. You have got two choices, Either you can find the broken shotgun to replace on the gun rack or you can start over and try doing things in a different order.

Seriously, Resident evil 1 has the most alternate endings compared to any other RE game. If you do things right, you won't even have to fight tirant at the heli-pad at the end. If you beat the game as jill, let Barry die, don't fight Tirant at the end, and do this all in three hours or less, then you will be rewarded with an infinite rocket launcher. Only problem is, you must do this every time or you will lose the rocket launcher on your next game. I'm getting off topic. SO ya, either find the broken shotgun, or start over and do things in a different order.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Probably it's a bug, but there's a way to overpass it:
There is a room in the other side of the mansion where you can find a "broken shotgun". Try to find it. Then, go back to the room where you get the shotgun (next to the trap room) and after you take the shotgun, replace it by the broken shotgun.
If you're playing as Chris, that's the only way you can get the shotgun (Barry's not there to save him). If you can't find that room, look in a walkthrough for Chris' game.

Top Bottom