• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Possibility of a REmake 2

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I think its the time for capcom to make Remake version of all old series because so many fans had dream of it in past. so too many of fans that loves RE after RE4 would like to play old versions but they could not because PC systems are much more better than old times and the fans cant play old versions like RE 2, 3, Zero and etc.....
I would like that capcom make a remake for secondry series like Zero, Code Veronica and etc for any platforms like PC,Ps3,Xbox,Wii.
It's better for capcom to have time for thinking about new scenario and finally produce Remakes.

Sry for bad English. it's just xp's of my gamer life... tnx to capcom for it's Great Fans.

I agree. At least they could remake RE2 and RE3 and maybe Code: Veronica.
I think they should redo RE1 so you can get the cannon ending where you see Chris, Jill, Barry and Rebecca escape, instead of reading it in the files.
I don't know about any one else, but I think Survivor should be redone, since it was declared cannon by RE0.

Evilbiel

Honestly, a Remake of Resident Evil 2 is unnecessary! If capcom does, it will be just another Slot Machine until that already have much of the 3D ready models of spin-offs!

SIG_Lover

Leis gach deagh dhùrachd.
This just has to happen. Even if Capcom close the book on remakes of the older games after this, they need to at least do one more, and what better game to use than the legendary Resident Evil 2? Got it on my PS3 and my PSP, and play it at least once every week. One of my favourite games of all time. It deserves a remake, like the RE1 REmake.

Popo

ye it does deserve, and if its remade so good as the first one was, it will be epic and i shall be at the store the day it comes out

KingYoshi

This is number one on my most desired remakes. It would be one of the greatest days in the history of mankind if they announced a remake was in development, lol.

Veniamin_Sasha

Бенджамин Эван Фер
Not gonna lie, I would play it. But I don't want it done, because it wouldn't be done right. Second RE1 needed a remake, RE2 doesn't. Why does RE2 need to be remade? Other than kicked up graphics and adding things that don't need to be added I wouldn't see the point. I enjoy RE2 the way it is, entertainment companies in general need to focus on new stuff and not just remakes of everything.

I love Racoon City so I wouldn't mind more references, hell I wouldn't even mind another game based on that time and setting if done right. After all it's an entire city, there were probably a few more survivors and other parts of the city we have not seen.

I would say it would be interesting to see different areas of Raccoon City, however there is a downfall. The downfall is that it would end up as an action packed one (5 & 6) and would only get worse from there, thus it would not be done right.

I think a remake might be beneficial on Capcom's behalf, though. I have seen trailers on Youtube and other websites and if you ask me; it looks pretty ****. The have incorporated the infrared beam on the weapons and over the should camera angle (which I despise). The have also added Brian Iron's mutated character (only after the first scenario completed) into his old room and not the underground cavern where he jumps.

It is nostalgia for me, just keep it simple and revamp the graphics and leave everything else by itself.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I would say it would be interesting to see different areas of Raccoon City, however there is a downfall. The downfall is that it would end up as an action packed one (5 & 6) and would only get worse from there, thus it would not be done right.

I think a remake might be beneficial on Capcom's behalf, though. I have seen trailers on Youtube and other websites and if you ask me; it looks pretty ****. The have incorporated the infrared beam on the weapons and over the should camera angle (which I despise). The have also added Brian Iron's mutated character (only after the first scenario completed) into his old room and not the underground cavern where he jumps.

It is nostalgia for me, just keep it simple and revamp the graphics and leave everything else by itself.

Please have a look at the forum rules mate, reviving old threads is not allowed here, if the thread has not had a reply in almost a year its best not to reply to it and thus bump it.

DarkJackal

Is it that big a deal considering this isn't the most active place and we still want a RE2 remake?

I replied a while ago but I think I would have to change my mind about a coop RE2. I mean part of me would love to play a RE2 remake in coop with my gf like we have with all the other ones able to play in coop. But also I want it done true to the original. A RE2 exactly the way it was with today's graphics and gameplay style, but not changing the story or adding stuff would be awesome. It's a shame fans are making their own RE2 remake and that capcom isn't already >.>.

Veniamin_Sasha

Бенджамин Эван Фер
I could tell you right now, it is not going to be the same. Yes, granted, they are going to up the graphics/fps, however knowing Capcom and the undeniable fan-base that follows them, they are going to run w/ a ****ty remake. I have already seen demos and they have revamped the sewer make all sorts of twists and extra footage that does not need to be done.

In the clip, I saw; Capcom added around 3 extra tunnels to where the fan duct was before Ada Wong went through it, and they only added 1 spider.

Capcom, knows fans are making their own remakes of RE2, and this is why they are going to add new material. Shinji Mikami needs to gain control and not let the Americans destroy the empire.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I have already seen demos and they have revamped the sewer make all sorts of twists and extra footage that does not need to be done.

In the clip, I saw; Capcom added around 3 extra tunnels to where the fan duct was before Ada Wong went through it, and they only added 1 spider.

Is english your native language?

Because I JUST explained this to you a day ago that Capcom did not make the fangame you listed here
http://residentevil.org/threads/wil...-remake-live-up-to-the-hype.8032/#post-157400

That was made by Fans, Capcom had NOTHING to do with that.

So no, Capcom did not add any extra tunnels or whatever it is your talking about.

Capcom hasn't even officially confirmed a Resident Evil 2 remake yet let alone shown gameplay clips, all we have now is merely a rumor.

Veniamin_Sasha

Бенджамин Эван Фер
My native language is 1/2 English and 1/2 Russian.

How do the fans make this stuff and does it involve a special software program or something?

It is more than speculation. I went to Gamestop and they said they have a list of games and Capcom has two that are unpublished yet have release dates. Early quarter 2015: Remake of 1 for PS4, Xbox one, 360, and PS3.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
My native language is 1/2 English and 1/2 Russian.

How do the fans make this stuff and does it involve a special software program or something?

It is more than speculation. I went to Gamestop and they said they have a list of games and Capcom has two that are unpublished yet have release dates. Early quarter 2015: Remake of 1 for PS4, Xbox one, 360, and PS3.

I'm not a game maker so I do not know how they make it, but I know its a fangame since I actually read the comments under the videos when they are posted.

And it may have official listings from gamestop and other sites like amazon as scheduled to be coming out in 2015, but those where never officially confirmed by Capcom and where taken down once they surfaced.

So nothing OFFICIAL from Capcom has been confirmed yet.

So right now yes it is still a rumor, although its a rumor very likely to be true given big name websites have kinda confirmed it, but its still a rumor until the company that is Capcom officially confirms it themselves.

Veniamin_Sasha

Бенджамин Эван Фер
What do you believe the probability is that Capcom will release an RE2 remake and do you think it would be worthwhile or mediocre?

ToCool74

Veteran Member
What do you believe the probability is that Capcom will release an RE2 remake and do you think it would be worthwhile or mediocre?

I already explained my views on what you are asking, are you really reading my comments man?

On the topic you posted about whether or not it would be worthwhile I explained to you that I thought it would.

And on the probability I think a RE2 remake being in the works is, I just explained right above that I think its pretty likely given the fact that big name websites have listed it.

But the main part of that post above was to point out that nothing is OFFICIAL until CONFIRMED by Capcom and thus its still a rumor, although a very likely one to come to fruition.

Veniamin_Sasha

Бенджамин Эван Фер
Do you have a source KK? I don't think this would be a good idea, they should make a different game as good as RE2, but not go back to Raccoon.
RE has been returning to Raccoon city and old events time and time again. It's time for the series to move on and make new stories and new scenarios...

No way! Raccoon City is an iconic part of the Resident Evil franchise. It is like saying get rid of the: Arklay Mountains, Spencer Mansion, and abandoning all of the side characters. I would highly advise you to think about what kind of devastation this would leave to not only hardcore RE fans, but Shinji Makami. He invested so much time into the creation.

Yes, Tall Oaks was failure; this is why they need to bring back the legends who created it. I think American's just want to overpopulate and have commercial success, leave it to Asia. They are the real geniuses behind the gaming revolution.

ArabPikachu

I'm assuming the 2015 HD rerelease of that 2002 remake of Resident Evil is part of Capcom scheming to gauge interest in a REmake 2

Veniamin_Sasha

Бенджамин Эван Фер
I completely concur with this statement. Capcom, is merely remaking the REmake simply because they want to introduce the hype to what was the original Resident Evil before it went to it's half-assed action sagas. In addition that want to garner more hype and press release and this is the perfect time to do it. Killing two birds w/ one stone.

If I was to say on a estimate Resident Evil 2 the HD addition would be out sometime late summer early Fall. The major times for games to be released would be fall. However, this could be a worthy opponent towards Call of Duty which always launches a new installment every November.

A classic vs. CoD. I think the classic will reign supreme in an actual score in gaming magazines. As for sales, CoD will probably win. It is the most popular gaming franchise in the world.

I was also think there should be more online ideas for Resident Evil instead of just Co-Op, maybe a mercenaries for RE1 REmake HD and possibly bring back Hunk and Tofu.

Just a notion.

ArabPikachu

If Resident Evil 2 being most popular entry among the "older" RE games is an additional thing to go by, Capcom would be intellectually dense to not entertain the possibility of a REmake 2.

Veniamin_Sasha

Бенджамин Эван Фер
Very true, however they could just capitalize on the RE1 REmake HD for mass amounts of revenue. The top selling Resident Evil game is 5. However just because of money does not mean, the best.

The Mansion was a great concept which introduced America to the 'Survival-Horror' aspect, when originally it was Alone In The Dark.

RE2, boosted up the graphics and included extras like the Hunk and Tofu side-missions (only after completed scenario 2). The pace (personally speaking), felt much faster and there was more action. The thing I did not like about RE1 (among the very few), was that you spent like 20 minutes looking for something that belonged in the west side of the mansion when you needed to use it in the east side of the mansion. Whereas, RE2, the police station was so small you could eventually find it easily.

Top Bottom