• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Possibility of a REmake 2

Doom guy

Grade one Hunter slayer
If the Resident Evil IP was given to any new company, it NEEDS to be Shinji Mikami's studio. If Shinji remakes RE2 he will remake it 100% in service to the old school fans, if Capcom does it, they will ruin it by making it appeal to the COD audience and we all know it.

Agreed

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Idk why everyone thinks a REmake 2 would end badly...I mean..The basis for it is RIGHT there...Why would they have to change it at all aside from working out glitches, updating graphics, and new voice acting...Well...UPDATED voice acting...There are a LOT of RE pessimists these days...

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
I'm still praying they give us a remake, because even if it turns out crap I'd still like to be given a chance to play it..

Doom guy

Grade one Hunter slayer
I dont really see the need for a remake, now that the Darkside Chronicles covered the Leon/Claire in Racoon Scenerio.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I dont really see the need for a remake, now that the Darkside Chronicles covered the Leon/Claire in Racoon Scenerio.
It's not about catching people up on what happened back then like DC was...It's about redoing RE an RE game that is so missed by fans and making it more...appealing...to the newer systems...

DarkJackal

I definatly want a remake. But i want it coop as well. Same to be said for 1 and 3.

RE is definatly my fav game series. And of course i dont want thibgs changed, lord knows how much i hate the movies. But i think 1 and 2 could do well on coop. They both have 2 characters, and are for the most part in the same areas, just at diffrrent times. And the general idea is that they were together in those incidents. They could be played in a renake togethrt with coop, with plebty of shorter parts they need to split up at perhaps.

CrashOkami

The Survivor
Co-op, I don't know, there's not a need for co-op since the old RE's didn't have armies of dead marching towards you. Two people to bring down the 3 zombies in each area would be too much. But I'd definitely want to see it remade.

Popo

I think it deserves a remake, if it is as sucessful as the RE1 remake(that became my favourite RE game as soon as i played through it) I'll most certainly buy it, the gamecube remake was just perfect for me, and it had gamecube graphics, imagine a RE2 remake as good as the other remake with ps3 graphics? (Oh and I hope that if they remake it, it is available for all 3 major consoles, ps3, xbox360 and wii, I had to buy a gamecube for remake, don't wanna buy a wii).

svp

I think they should, I never played 2 0r 3 and Im a huge fan! isnt that crazy, I know the story of them but I just never got around to playing them. I think it would workout the same way remake did. I think the game is a better story.

CrashOkami

The Survivor
Sure, the story is good, I still have fond memories of RE2 on my Playstation 1 and the sleepless nights whenever I saw the zombies eat people outside Kendo's shop. But it just wouldn't work in co-op, it wouldn't be a remake, it would be a reboot.

Jwells

Resident Evil 1 remake on the gamecube is godly..

So ya, i would definitely like to see a Resi 2 remake, but to be honest i don't see it happen.

Light_One5

if Capcom was to remake RE2 they need to commit to it properly, its one of the best (or is the best) RE game out there. i would hate to see a half-hearted full HD version of this game because the only people who would get it would be the old fans. i don't mind the 3rd-person gameplay but would enjoy a co-op game (i really did not want to say it) like Dead Space 3. Where there is solo and co-op mode, where co-op would be like RE5 (how Chris boosts Sheva to higher levels etc) since the co-op probably originates from this game (Claire & Sherry/ Ada & Leon parts). Also i would like it to have some traces of RE3 as well, since their basically set at the same time. A person on another forum even suggested to link RE2 and RE3 into one game and set it as 3 campaigns like RE6 (A, B, & Nemesis). But i really do think its perfect as it is.

Grenadeh

if Capcom was to remake RE2 they need to commit to it properly, its one of the best (or is the best) RE game out there. i would hate to see a half-hearted full HD version of this game because the only people who would get it would be the old fans. i don't mind the 3rd-person gameplay but would enjoy a co-op game (i really did not want to say it) like Dead Space 3. Where there is solo and co-op mode, where co-op would be like RE5 (how Chris boosts Sheva to higher levels etc) since the co-op probably originates from this game (Claire & Sherry/ Ada & Leon parts). Also i would like it to have some traces of RE3 as well, since their basically set at the same time. A person on another forum even suggested to link RE2 and RE3 into one game and set it as 3 campaigns like RE6 (A, B, & Nemesis). But i really do think its perfect as it is.

I believe that was me. Surely others have had the idea. I've always felt that, as we all know to be true - RE3 was an afterthought produced solely to capitalize on the demand for Resident Evil that became apparent with RE2, while Capcom worked on the next real Resident Evil game (Code Veronica). Capcom officially said in the late 90s that RE3 was not canon and was just fan service. It's blatant that they had no intention of releasing it, but they did, and now 15 years later it's canon and has ruined the entire franchise since. If they had taken a little more time,. RE2 and 3 could have released as the same awesome game.

So too should any remake of 2 include 3. With RE6 containing 4 or more campaigns, there's a precedent that its surely possible to do. Even RE4 had 3 campaigns. While I appreciate DSC and UC and, to an extent, Operation Raccoon ****ty, I won't settle for anything but a full HD modern 3rd person(ISH) remake of 2 with absolutely no story changes whatsoever. Maybe even a full Hunk campaign that matches his UC exploits.

I wouldn't bother fantasizing about a mikami remake. Capcom would have to license the rights to his studio. They aren't going to do that after the failure of ORC, even to the guy who INVENTED the game.

@Kennedy. They wouldn't have to. They would do it though regardless. They don't know how to remake things without changing them unnecessarily. Some of the changes in DSC were good but most of them were for the purpose of keeping players together so they skipped 99% of what happened in the game.

I think they should, I never played 2 0r 3 and Im a huge fan! isnt that crazy, I know the story of them but I just never got around to playing them. I think it would workout the same way remake did. I think the game is a better story.

How can you be a huge fan of a franchise you've never played? Literally, 2 and 3 are the entire franchise, other than 1. Code Veronica is useless and 4 and 5 have nothing to do with Resident Evil.

Light_One5

I believe that was me. Surely others have had the idea. I've always felt that, as we all know to be true - RE3 was an afterthought produced solely to capitalize on the demand for Resident Evil that became apparent with RE2, while Capcom worked on the next real Resident Evil game (Code Veronica). Capcom officially said in the late 90s that RE3 was not canon and was just fan service. It's blatant that they had no intention of releasing it, but they did, and now 15 years later it's canon and has ruined the entire franchise since. If they had taken a little more time,. RE2 and 3 could have released as the same awesome game.

So too should any remake of 2 include 3. With RE6 containing 4 or more campaigns, there's a precedent that its surely possible to do. Even RE4 had 3 campaigns. While I appreciate DSC and UC and, to an extent, Operation Raccoon ****ty, I won't settle for anything but a full HD modern 3rd person(ISH) remake of 2 with absolutely no story changes whatsoever. Maybe even a full Hunk campaign that matches his UC exploits.
Sorry for not referencing ya mate. Just read your post properly, must have mixed it up reading other forums on the topic. You do have some good points, I do think that Racoon City has been used a bit too much. And yeah as you said if there was a remake Capcom has to do it properly and not just throw it on Nintendo.

I’m replaying RE2 on the PC at the moment and other than explaining the back story (and the 32bit graphics) I can see no problem with (and the HUNK campaign would be cool). As you said RE3 Nemesis isn’t/wasn’t supposed to be a real sequel but that’s the only thing I see at fault with the Racoon City scenario.

I can’t comment on ORC I just saw it as a COD, Battlefield type game, and what I played of DSC wasn’t really RE2 like Chief Irons instead of being decapitated turned into Steve Burnside T-Veronica monster.

I really do hope that whichever Capcom team makes it does it some justice because I would hate it if they messed it up.

A word on Co-op. i've just watched RE Damnation, if they're going to do the T-103 (Mr X) as 8" feet tall i want co-op.

Xi.

G-Infected Canadian Bacon
Signed, 23 thousand signatures should be enough, but more couldn't hurt.

This needs to happen!

ErfanSakkaki

I think its the time for capcom to make Remake version of all old series because so many fans had dream of it in past. so too many of fans that loves RE after RE4 would like to play old versions but they could not because PC systems are much more better than old times and the fans cant play old versions like RE 2, 3, Zero and etc.....
I would like that capcom make a remake for secondry series like Zero, Code Veronica and etc for any platforms like PC,Ps3,Xbox,Wii.
It's better for capcom to have time for thinking about new scenario and finally produce Remakes.

Sry for bad English. it's just xp's of my gamer life... tnx to capcom for it's Great Fans.

Top Bottom