• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Please Explain...

rocklikebrucelee

When, Ricardo Irving injected himself with the virus/plaga mixture thingy or whatever the **** it was... How did he acquire so much mass in such a short time? and from what?
It seems to me that RE isn't following much science anymore. :\
I mean, yeah most of the things in the other games were not easily explained, but RE5 just takes it to another level! D:
How is it possible for a 5-6 ft tall man to grow into a huge 5-ton swimming creature in less than 3 seconds? Where the hell did all that matter come from?
At least all the other RE games' bosses were at least SOMEWHAT plausible :\

Yeah, that just shows you how much the creators care about the Resident Evil story nowdays. Everything else used to slowly mutate, and while it does look cool, instant transformations are for super Sayajins not BOWs and Plagas.

But, things like that arn't too big of a deal for me. There are bigger more important things about the story that they ruined with part 5 other than transformations.

While Irving's speedy mutation might be possible, they fail to make any real scientific explainations. And to me that was one of the things that made RE special. Alot of things that seem impossible in real life seemed realistically possible with the way they scientifically explained it. Almost as if Capcom had a real bioengineer help them write the story.

...Ya know now that I think of it, hehe maybe it is a big deal. :p

(Please excuse any spelling errors.)

wpstudart

How it's possible a majini to use a AK-47 and motorbikes?? Even in Resident Evil 4, how is possible to a ganado to use a grenade launcher and a truck? This is just sad, in resident evil 5 they just lack reality. In resident evil 4 doesn't lack it, but let's say it's almost there. :p

rocklikebrucelee

wpstudart;49425 said:
How it's possible a majini to use a AK-47 and motorbikes?? Even in Resident Evil 4, how is possible to a ganado to use a grenade launcher and a truck? This is just sad, in resident evil 5 they just lack reality. In resident evil 4 doesn't lack it, but let's say it's almost there. :p

well, for one thing, the majini/ganados have HANDS. :\ they're not stupid like zombies...

And the only problem with RE4 was the final boss transformation. Saddler, like Irving, acquires a huge amount of mass even though he's only like...what? 5ft.?

wpstudart

Zombies may be stupid, but almost all of they have hands either...

Anyway, maybe they take the virus mixed with some steroids? Just kidding. Maybe it's because the excessive amount of Virus? Still doesn't make sense. You can't get explained about it, it'll never make sense.

Levan

Polkka. lol
There's a big difference with the Las Plagas and the T-virus. The Las Plagas only takes control of the host, meaning they still utilize their human capabilities.

The T-Virus, on the other hand, only reanimates the body and completely ignores the other human capabilities, only concentrating for the regeneration of its cells through tissue consumption(or in other words, eating skin) and how to do it(meaning they only concentrate on walking/running, grabbing, etc or any means just to bite a person).

On-topic:

Well, I really would like to see an explanation for quick transformations like those. I'm guessing the sample they gave him was more enhanced.

I've heard the ones infecting Krauser and Saddler were the Queen Plagas(am I right?) and technically, both had power to transform at their will, and still retain the control of their bodies.

If you would notice, Salazar and Irving had a big similarity between them, just based from the looks. Except Salazar(along with his other hand... I'm not saying his hands literally, lol) was "absorbed" by some sort of special Plagas creature, and transformed immediately into the some sort of tentacle-all-over creature(dunno what its called).

So, it could be possible that its either:

1. The special plagas that absorbed Salazar
2. The Queen Plagas of Saddler/Krauser

But still, it isn't a scientific explanation. :(

Esura

rocklikebrucelee;49424 said:
Slowly and slowly RE strays from its roots... I hope this "reboot" will be a step backward than a step forward.

I hope this "reboot" puts RE6 back in Raccoon City but in an entirely seperate universe from previous REs, like how GTA IV's Liberty City was a seperate universe from GTA III's Liberty City. And they should make RE6 moreso like Dead Rising with a mix of Dead Space. I prefer step forward.

wpstudart

Yeah, I was thinking, Las Plagas isn't a virus, it's a parasite. If it was a virus, it wouldn't became a 'worm' inside Leon, inside Ashley. I think they are super powered because it's a parasite with a virus. It makes sense?

Esura

wpstudart;49465 said:
Yeah, I was thinking, Las Plagas isn't a virus, it's a parasite. If it was a virus, it wouldn't became a 'worm' inside Leon, inside Ashley. I think they are super powered because it's a parasite with a virus. It makes sense?

Well, yeah, Las Plagas are parasites with a virus...I believe they stated that in RE5, but I dont know, I stopped playing after unlocking all the emblems. That sh-t is boring.

Kellyrose

If he injected himself with uroboros, it would have made sense to me, since it could consume fish and other organisms in the river. However, RE Wiki says it was a control plaga. Wiki also says that the host of the control plaga can will their own mutations, but Irvings seems more extreme than the others.

It doesn't make sense though, because Tricell was using type 2 plagas, which infected the host orally and not through the blood stream. I don't know much about plagas but I figured that the type 2 control plaga would be injected the same way. My initial thought was that he used uroboros, because of the red color of the liquid, the sample itself is black, and the worm-like tentacles that appeared right after the injection.

CassidyAcid

Kellyrose;49500 said:
If he injected himself with uroboros, it would have made sense to me, since it could consume fish and other organisms in the river. However, RE Wiki says it was a control plaga. Wiki also says that the host of the control plaga can will their own mutations, but Irvings seems more extreme than the others.

Agreed. Thats one thing I never really got either:

In RE4 Leon and Ashley managed to fight off the parasite for quite a bit of time, but with Irving and Saddler the transformation was more extreme AND a lot quicker.

I understand the extreme bit, but its the speed. I know you could probably NOT fight it and let it take over, but Irvings mutation takes like, 30 seconds at most.

I miss the zombies.

Well, don't forget that these are also type 2 plagas. They don't completely work the same way as type 1. (Ganados)

wpstudart;49425 said:
That's not sad, the parasites make the enemies smarter and that is one of the main reasons why if not the main reasons they can wield weapons and drive. How is that any less realistic than zombies and hunters?

rocklikebrucelee

LMFAO you guys got WAYYY off topic! And I'm not sure, but it seems some of you don't understand the question. So...
Let me give you an example so you can relate it to the question.

You fill up a swimming pool 1/4 of the way with water. The next day (without any rain or people to put more water in it), it's full. How does that happen? Where does that water come from?

The question:
Irving was...about 160 pounds (i don't know what that is in the metric system), i'm guessing. then he turns into a huge 5000lb creature. Where did those other 4840 pounds come from? D:

and for those of you that did understand the question, I don't mean to insult your intelligence or anything like that. I just really want a straight forward answer. ;D

^My guess is mutiplying cells. Once Irving injected himself with whatever that was, the chemicals may have caused his cells to multiply at an incredibly fast rate causing him to grow bigger and generate new body parts and mutate the way he did.

Was that answer better? ^^

rocklikebrucelee

013;49709 said:
^My guess is mutiplying cells. Once Irving injected himself with whatever that was, the chemicals may have caused his cells to multiply at an incredibly fast rate causing him to grow bigger and generate new body parts and mutate the way he did.

Was that answer better? ^^

that answer was better...the only thing is, cells are made of things too. where did the cells get the material for such an EXTREME MAKEOVER? lol maybe it couldn't have been the water..it's just made of hydrogen, Oxygen, and some salt (i think). it could've been the fish, but there would have to have been a LOT of fish down there... maybe a passing whale?

rocklikebrucelee;50234 said:
that answer was better...the only thing is, cells are made of things too. where did the cells get the material for such an EXTREME MAKEOVER?
That's what im trying to explain, the virus, or whatever he injected into himself caused his cells to double, triple, and so forth to create new body parts. 1 cell is all Irving needs. The virus is the material. Do you get what im trying to say?

Popo

rocklikebrucelee;49426 said:
well, for one thing, the majini/ganados have HANDS. :\ they're not stupid like zombies...

And the only problem with RE4 was the final boss transformation. Saddler, like Irving, acquires a huge amount of mass even though he's only like...what? 5ft.?

you cant compare the amount of mass saddler gains to amount irving gained, there's a huge difference in it, so i guess saddler's tranformation was more realistic

btw saddler was already mutated, he already was the beast he is in the end, only that he can kinda like mutate himself back in human form, for example, when he killed luis, he was already mutated, only that he can control his mutation

P.S.: sry for my bad english xD

Top Bottom