• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Original or Remake??

horizen

yea i love the remake thing i hate about it is the zombies are way harder to kill now and those fast crazy zombies **** me off to the max :p

DarthDylan

I prefer the classic original Resident Evil.It may be crap graphics and voice acting,(Let's not forget the cheesy live actions scenes)But this game was and is great for the time.

Also,it it actually made you scared.You walk down a corridor to find dogs jumping in the windows,or a zombie chewing a body of one of the Bravo team members.It also forces you to find ammo.Ammo doesn't just lie on tables all the time and that was what was cool about it.You had to search everything to get ammo to survive.

(Epic speech over)

residentevil#1

i prefer the remake...i havent played the original but from what i have seen/heard, i prefer the remake! better graphics and better voice actors

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I just got REmake and imho, I think it is better than the original. A lot of improvements have been made w/o changing too much. It has the same great story & gameplay as the original but it has a much more creepy feel to it.

It's been a long time since I played RE1 & I forgot about all those puzzles scattered around. I've already gotten stuck a few times lol. Thats what makes RE so good tho.

BranBran

I would I have to the original. It was the first PS game I ever played and it scared the heck out of me lol. To this day, I still find it to be a creepy game. The music scares the heck out of me. The remake is a great game, but nothing beats the original. :)

Anthony111

I love both games and I wouldn't know which one to choose, obviously the remake has better graphics but I had some great memories of playing the original. If I was forced to choose, I might pick the original because I am more used to it.

Magnetic

Both feel amazing to play. I woiuld pick REmake. Also can i just say that REmake is the best looking game i've ever played, it's beautiful. Love it!

At the time i loved PS1 version but REmake's a notch or two up

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
REmake...the voice acting is better and the zombies are way creepier due to better graphics...also i love Lisa Trevor...she scares me SOO much...and im almost 17 lol...she wasnt in the original...

It was said earlier that both have their charm and I agree. For nostalgia and light hearted gameplay, I go with the original - plus my fiance is terrified of zombies, but can handle watching me play it. The remake though, has much better storytelling and overall is a much scarier experience. I like it more for the feel and wish they could do a similar update for RE2 and 3 and release all 3 for PS3 and XBox360. My Resident Evil library would feel so much more complete! :)

Wesker1987

Just bought the REmake for Wii and gonna play it in a couple of weeks when I move in to my girlfriend's house (she has a wii) when her parents are on holiday. Yeeeeeeeeah. I can't wait!

I'll be sure to come back and tell ya what I think :)

Professor X

REmake. It's everything the original was (save for corny voice acting) but cranked up a couple of notche's.

The graphic's, were beautiful, especially in the Cave's and Laboratory. The story is darker and alot more interesting, and the game is made scarier with the inclusion of the Crimson Head's and Lisa Trevor.

Those are the reason's I prefer REmake. Though I must say the Original has retained it's charm after all these year's.

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
The original has the certain classic charm, but that's about it. REmake is better in every other single way.

The addition of Lisa Trevor was a nice move. Traveling out to her cabin in that creepy backwoods area was fun and meeting her for the first time was creepy.

The strange coffin in the underground cove area that held George Trevor's zombified corpse was also freaky, with how it squirt out blood with each mask you put in place.

Top Bottom