• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation Raccoon City Operation Darkside

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
What do you think of the new perspective. Its always been a story about the hero making their triumphant escape from the literal jaws of defeat. Now the tables are turning, you're working for umbrella now. Killing innocent people, progressing the organizations agenda, and evenutually changing 'history' by meeting up with characters from the original story. What would you do if you were faced with such decisions. Definitely much darker than any of the previous titles.

Valentine

Hard To Kill
So Capcom is changing back now... Personally I like it, the ability of playing both sides and COOP of four amazes me a little... This time it might acctually work, it's really a good idea and makes room for a lot of diffrent GP modes. My only concern for this game is, if it becomes more of an action game then survival horror. Compare Dino Crisis 1 and Dino Crisis 2 and you'll know what I'm saying.

Read more: http://www.capcom-unity.com/jgonzo/blog/2011/03/27/resident_evil:_operation_raccoon_city_confirmed

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Well from the description of the game so far, it prob will be more action oriented. Capcom seems to be following the trend of recent zombie games with the 4 player co-op. We'll have to wait until we see some actual gameplay footage.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Well I definately like the sound of it being much darker than the previous titles. This should be pretty interesting...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Hey all i know is its a new RE game with a Shadow the Hedgehog spin...thats what i call games where yiou go both good and bad...anyway if it gives you an insight into Umbrella then im all for it...say what you will about finding files throughout the games, but if never did gives us enough info about Umbrella...this will actually teach us something...

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
It sure is interesting, I gotta admit that =)
But I don't really think it'll be as scary as the older titles.
Yeah, yeah, I know, the older already died since 2004, but still.
The fact that it's co-op and that you'll also have to fight against the good ones sounds a little bit war-like to me. Of course, you'll always have to fight against your enemies, but still. I got a Call of Duty-image in my mind now.

However, I'll still play it, especially on the Nitendo 3DS (if it'll also be available on the 3DS), just because it's Resident Evil. And it'll at least take place in the past, which means this won't be a useless game that doesn't really follow the actual storyline (*cough* Resident Evil 4 *cough*). This game won't also at least look like a game, developed by a company who desperately tries to prolong one of their best games.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
In RE4s defense if you play it as Ada you find out it has a lot to do with the others...anyway i got that war image as well at certain points when watching those concept images...

domino29

PftU Spokesperson
Well I am deffinately looking forward to this dark new style. I hope people dont put this down cuz it doesnt look RE enough, but its only a spinoff.

Man, if I were in Raccon City and worked for Umbrella, I'd kill Leon, he's an RPD cop who knew of STARS and all of them. I'd kill Ada because she was a spy. I would save Claire because she showed up without knowing anything and just wanted to get out. I'd kill Jill because she was in STARS and knew too much. I'd kill the entire UBCS team cuz they were suppose to save survivors and thats not what we want, and I'd kill Sherry because she holds the G-Virus and she could spread the information her parents had created.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well I am deffinately looking forward to this dark new style. I hope people dont put this down cuz it doesnt look RE enough, but its only a spinoff.
Man, if I were in Raccon City and worked for Umbrella, I'd kill Leon, he's an RPD cop who knew of STARS and all of them. I'd kill Ada because she was a spy. I would save Claire because she showed up without knowing anything and just wanted to get out. I'd kill Jill because she was in STARS and knew too much. I'd kill the entire UBCS team cuz they were suppose to save survivors and thats not what we want, and I'd kill Sherry because she holds the G-Virus and she could spread the information her parents had created.

Id change two things...Id kill Claire due to her connection to S.T.A.R.S. and save Sherry because she holds the G-Virus...

Top Bottom