• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Online Dating: am I opening myself to being stood-up?

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
The good thing is that you've only had a couple of chats before you discovered he's a prick. Sometimes people don't find out until much later.
Sorry it didn't work out, better luck next time! :happy: Online dating is common and some people get lucky. But I personally believe the workplace is (usually) the best place to meet someone.

Send him an angry message and tell him you're buying lots of knives and plan to stalk him. :cross: (Or maybe don't. :p )

Do I dare look that up? :confused:
LOL I just got done watching this TV show called "Wives With Knives" Yesterday.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
The good thing is that you've only had a couple of chats before you discovered he's a prick. Sometimes people don't find out until much later.
That's my new strategy for these websites. I can't be bothered anymore to invest hours into talking to a 'potential mate', only for them to cop out when it comes to actually meeting face to face. I'd much rather meet them from the onset to glean if he's worth pursuing, rather than waste my time. My biological clock is ticking, Romero. :p

What a s****y thing for someone to do, sorry that dude decided to be a jabroni. Dating websites can be hit or miss, I've met a couple people from 'em and it never ended up being more than just a fling, sadly.
It's okay! I still indulged in pizza and beer with my bestie, so it ended up being a nice date night anyway, heh.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Once I had a date with someone from an a similar website, and a week later they deleted the profile. I had the phone number so we didn't lose contact. Turns out the person had returned to their ex-boyfriend :/

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Online dating is the new penpal dating - only quicker and usually creepier :tongue:

This one guy was obviously not worth your time (and this happens whether you meet them online or not) but that's not to say that online dating isn't still a viable option. Might be worth trying a different site?

I hear you with the nightclub thing though - when picking a potential partner for more than a quick fumble once in a while, you want to look someplace where people are wanting the same sort of thing. Dating sites are a bit hit and miss for a while because there are nutters, trolls, liars and the generally confused out there - but such is life in any area you start looking for love. But I believe they can be a perfectly useful medium for meeting people with similar interests and ideas about relationships. Over in the UK we get two types of adverts on TV these days: online gambling and dating websites. So at least if one doesn't work out, I guess we've got the other to fall back on? Or something...

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
My biological clock is ticking, Romero. :p
Haha that's right, you can't turn off the clock. :p
Your comment about your clock brought this up from memory, it's an unforgettable scene from That '70s Show:

[Forman kitchen]

ERIC: Well, I guess it's just us Three Musketeers tonight, huh? ''All for one and one for all,'' right?

KITTY: Well, um, actually your father and I were gonna do some reading...upstairs...together.

RED: What your mom's trying to say is: ''Go away for 20 minutes.''

KITTY: Forty-five minutes, Red.

RED: Thirty.

KITTY: Thirty-five.

RED: Fine. Get lost for 35 minutes.

ERIC: Fine. But you know what? I got a little question for you. Why even have kids if you ain't gonna spend time with them? I suggest you use your 35 minutes to think about that (he leaves)

KITTY: He needs a new girlfriend.

RED: Come on, Kitty. You're on the clock.

KITTY: Oh, you know what? Just turn off your clock. I'm gonna go talk to him.

RED: You can't turn off the clock! Oh, she doesn't understand the clock.

:lol:

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
Not to get too off topic, but in regards to pizza and beer I feel like this is how I end up when they're both thrown into the mix:
tumblr_mo4f0vLJWa1qda5r9o1_500.jpg

Top Bottom