• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Official RE6 Trailer (With Gameplay Footage)

ToCool74

Veteran Member
In a scene with Steve? theirs a blonde haired girl with him. Theirs only two (three if Jill hasn't dyed/hair reverted back to normal) and I don't think Ashley would be with Steve so Sherry's the only other person we know it might be.

But this game DOES feature her father the President.

It would be pretty ridiculous for the game to not include her.

And there could be ALOT of reasons why Ashley could be with him. Time will tell I suppose. But that girl in the trailer definitely has the same voice as Ashley. I don't think its a coincidence either.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I'm not going to say much because I try to refrain from passing judgements until I've played the game myself. But, until then, I don't know. I'm on the fence. It looks cool, but at the same time, I'm kind of getting this vibe that it's not a game I'd buy if it didn't have 'Resident Evil' slapped onto the title.

But either way, my little femme fatale is pretty happy that Leon is in it. :D

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Hehe he doesn't look emo anymore! ;P Actually his new look kind of reminds me of John Rzeznik. This game series is more proof that men age like a fine wine.

I am hoping it's a long game to beat, especially considering all that's going on and everyone that's supposed to be featured in it. That's one of my biggest worries with this one.

aoshi

Gotta say I'm disappointed. I've always been against two heroes in the same game - ie; Leon and Chris - and I've always been against Leon period so there goes that one. The scares and zombies look pretty good but other than that, I think it looks awfully busy and clustered. We've got, what? Three, stories going on here instead of the normal two and none of them seem to have anything at all to do with each other aside from the setting; I can only wonder how all of this is going to tie in together. And more new characters? Seriously? I would rather have this entire game be one big Leon/Ada soap-opera than have more character introductions. *facepalm* Over the years Capcom has created interesting and lasting characters that people enjoy seeing and enough scenarios with each different personality to go around yet they insist on creating more?

*shakes head*

And Operation Raccoon City still looks like the most interesting thing to come out of the Resident Evil franchise since Code Veronica - or the Remake, whichever you prefer. I'm honestly starting to believe that this series was over the minute Umbrella was destroyed.

You jus quoted that you would not prefer this game if leon is in it and that new characters were not required.I don't see wat i have missed.I don't get your logic of two or three stories involved in the same game is not a good idea.Care to explain on that? RE 4 had 3 stories goin on - leon,ada,luis sera. And still the game justified their roles with supplementary walkthroughs as "seperate ways". I did find RE 5 to be loosely connected with lack of depth in characters like josh,irving,excella. I would not be so sure if RE 6 would have a well connected plot but can be expected. I jus don't want it to be mindless combat as RE 5.

When did I say that I was disappointed simply because Leon was a part of the game? There are other reasons listed in my response and, if you'd bother to read the entire post instead of just clicking "reply" at the first thing you disagree on, you'd see that. I also don't remember saying that new gamers should go replay the old games...; that was no where in my response at all so please don't put words in my mouth.

Anyone who knows me even the tiniest bit knows I hate the term canon; taking that, and the fact that the word was used absolutely no where in my first post, canon has nothing to do with my disappointment in the Resident Evil 6 trailer or my excitement with Operation Raccoon City. It is just a small snip-it of what the game will be but I also know my personal preferences and what I expected when this game was said to be going back to the ways of old and what I saw in that trailer, wasn't it.

Can someone please explain to me just when expressing your opinion became "bitching"? *blinks* Or is it just expressing an opinion different from yours that constitutes this term? :confused:

Canon - Is not the reason why you despise RE 4 as it is not part of the canon? Now you say canon has nothing to do with it?Pssh..please.. make up your mind.

There are other reasons you are disappointed in RE 6? I can't find any reasons besides leon and crappy logic of having more characters and multiple plots. Besides, there is no info characters or plots.

Going back to ways of old- Older games were centered on fiction and less action or gameplay elements due to hardware and software limitations. Now, hardware and software are advanced to give action experience which previous games lacked. I don't get wat needs to be traced back to improve the experience.

WeskersBrother

Gotta say I'm disappointed. I've always been against two heroes in the same game - ie; Leon and Chris - and I've always been against Leon period so there goes that one. The scares and zombies look pretty good but other than that, I think it looks awfully busy and clustered. We've got, what? Three, stories going on here instead of the normal two and none of them seem to have anything at all to do with each other aside from the setting; I can only wonder how all of this is going to tie in together. And more new characters? Seriously? I would rather have this entire game be one big Leon/Ada soap-opera than have more character introductions. *facepalm* Over the years Capcom has created interesting and lasting characters that people enjoy seeing and enough scenarios with each different personality to go around yet they insist on creating more?

*shakes head*

And Operation Raccoon City still looks like the most interesting thing to come out of the Resident Evil franchise since Code Veronica - or the Remake, whichever you prefer. I'm honestly starting to believe that this series was over the minute Umbrella was destroyed.

It seems like you want the OLLLLLLD RE back. with stiff movements and fixed camera angles....
You do realize that it was because the older generations of consoles SUCKED, thatswhy the games were made like that :)
Did you really think RE6 was going to look just like RE1,2, &3??? :eek:.......LOLZ
This is 2012....not 1996 LOLZ

LordGolbez

Going back to ways of old- Older games were centered on fiction and less action or gameplay elements due to hardware and software limitations. Now, hardware and software are advanced to give action experience which previous games lacked. I don't get wat needs to be traced back to improve the experience.
Yes There Were Limits To What The Old Systems Could Do But I Liked The Gameplay Of The Originals Because It Made You Take Your Time And Think Which Enemies You Were Going To Take Down Because You Couldn't Always Take Down Each Enemy Otherwise You Would Have A Shortage Of Ammo.

In RE4, Which I Have Beaten Quite A Few Times, There Were A Few Spots Over The Course Of The Game That I Ran Short On Ammo But Not Many And For Me After Awhile It Felt Like No More Than An Exercise In COD But With Zombie Like Creatures. I Don't Think That Just Because The New Hardware Was There They Should Have Taken It Down That Path.

I Think That In Order To Bring It Back Closer To The Originals Then They Should Spend More Time With Puzzles And Not Make Ammo Drops As Frequent As To Give A Sense Of Urgency And Conservation, What The Old Ones Did For Me.

It seems like you want the OLLLLLLD RE back. with stiff movements and fixed camera angles....
You do realize that it was because the older generations of consoles SUCKED, thatswhy the games were made like that :)
Did you really think RE6 was going to look just like RE1,2, &3??? :eek:.......LOLZ
This is 2012....not 1996 LOLZ

Older Generations Of Consoles Were Good For Their Time And Frankly I Think It's Quite Unfair To Put A Playstation One In The Same League As A Xbox 360 Or Ps3, Of Course It's Going To Get Beat, But Because The Graphics And Gameplay Had Limitations Then They Had To Concentrate More On The Story Telling And That Made It Amazing. Yeah RE4 Had A Story But I Didn't Really Feel A Whole Lot For What Came From Either 4 Or 5 Because As I Said Before The Gameplay Made It Feel Like An Exercise In COD And That Turns Me Off To A Game Because It's Not Really My Thing. I Understand That With Time Things Change Because If It Doesn't It Will Slowly Die And Be Forgotten But It's Not Expected To Be The Same Game But Leave Call Of Duty To Call Of Duty And Let Resident Evil Be It's Own Thing Not A Clone With A Few Different Enemies.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
This has nothing to do with the last few posts - but do some of you go looking for arguments or what? There are always ways in which to disagree with someone without getting nasty. If you are incapable of arguing without attacking the other person, then simply don't respond or at the very least, be careful. Personal attacks are not welcome here, and if they continue I will be taking administrative action very soon.

This forum used to be incredibly easy going and laid back, and some of you are evidently starting to ruin it for others. I don't ever want people to be uncomfortable with sharing their opinion here, so try to be nice.

Thank you.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Hehe he doesn't look emo anymore! ;P Actually his new look kind of reminds me of John Rzeznik. This game series is more proof that men age like a fine wine.

I am hoping it's a long game to beat, especially considering all that's going on and everyone that's supposed to be featured in it. That's one of my biggest worries with this one.
YOU THOUGHT HE LOOKED LIKE JOHNNY TOO!!! IT MAKES HIM SOOOOO HOT!!!

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I think what we also need to keep in mind (for game skeptics), is that this is only the first trailer released of the game. Resident Evil 5's first trailer only included about five to ten seconds of 'footage' that actually made it into the game, and at that point Sheva wasn't included yet. So, it's not like this isn't subject to change either. Too early to tell.

WeskersBrother

Yes There Were Limits To What The Old Systems Could Do But I Liked The Gameplay Of The Originals Because It Made You Take Your Time And Think Which Enemies You Were Going To Take Down Because You Couldn't Always Take Down Each Enemy Otherwise You Would Have A Shortage Of Ammo.

In RE4, Which I Have Beaten Quite A Few Times, There Were A Few Spots Over The Course Of The Game That I Ran Short On Ammo But Not Many And For Me After Awhile It Felt Like No More Than An Exercise In COD But With Zombie Like Creatures. I Don't Think That Just Because The New Hardware Was There They Should Have Taken It Down That Path.

I Think That In Order To Bring It Back Closer To The Originals Then They Should Spend More Time With Puzzles And Not Make Ammo Drops As Frequent As To Give A Sense Of Urgency And Conservation, What The Old Ones Did For Me.

Older Generations Of Consoles Were Good For Their Time And Frankly I Think It's Quite Unfair To Put A Playstation One In The Same League As A Xbox 360 Or Ps3, Of Course It's Going To Get Beat, But Because The Graphics And Gameplay Had Limitations Then They Had To Concentrate More On The Story Telling And That Made It Amazing. Yeah RE4 Had A Story But I Didn't Really Feel A Whole Lot For What Came From Either 4 Or 5 Because As I Said Before The Gameplay Made It Feel Like An Exercise In COD And That Turns Me Off To A Game Because It's Not Really My Thing. I Understand That With Time Things Change Because If It Doesn't It Will Slowly Die And Be Forgotten But It's Not Expected To Be The Same Game But Leave Call Of Duty To Call Of Duty And Let Resident Evil Be It's Own Thing Not A Clone With A Few Different Enemies.

RE 6 is going to go up against titles like CoD and GTA 5 later this year.......
Do you really think if RE 6 was a clone of RE 2 it would sell???

The developers at Capcom are a bit worried.

The last thing ANYONE would want is for a huge game like RE 6 to flop like Alan Wake did......
Or to sell a "moderate" amount like Heavy Rain did......

Great games.......awful sales

LordGolbez

RE 6 is going to go up against titles like CoD and GTA 5 later this year.......
Do you really think if RE 6 was a clone of RE 2 it would sell???

The developers at Capcom are a bit worried.

The last thing ANYONE would want is for a huge game like RE 6 to flop like Alan Wake did......
Or to sell a "moderate" amount like Heavy Rain did......

Great games.......awful sales

You Missed The Point Of My Post. I Understand That With Time Has To Come Change, A Clone Of RE2 Would Not Work By Today's Standards. What I Was Trying To Say Is That The Newer RE's Are Becoming Nothing More Than COD With Zombie Like Creatures, They Need To Focus More On Puzzles And Ammo Conservation Like What The Originals Did.

The Fixed Camera Angles Are A Thing Of The Past And The Current Camera Style Will Probably Be Here To Stay. Yes Re6 Is Going Against COD And GTA But It Doesn't Need To Be Clones Of Those Games, Which Is What I Think It's Becoming.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
You Missed The Point Of My Post. I Understand That With Time Has To Come Change, A Clone Of RE2 Would Not Work By Today's Standards. What I Was Trying To Say Is That The Newer RE's Are Becoming Nothing More Than COD With Zombie Like Creatures, They Need To Focus More On Puzzles And Ammo Conservation Like What The Originals Did.

The Fixed Camera Angles Are A Thing Of The Past And The Current Camera Style Will Probably Be Here To Stay. Yes Re6 Is Going Against COD And GTA But It Doesn't Need To Be Clones Of Those Games, Which Is What I Think It's Becoming.

I agree..

I don't want them to go back to the classic RE gameplay either. They have to move forward with the franchise. But that does not mean that they should completely revamp it into something unrecognizable. Its not to much to ask for them to keep horror in a game. Dead Space proves that you can have a very popular horror game in this time and age. Capcom does not have to forsake some of the core qualities that made Resident Evil relevant in the first place.

Keep horror. Don't toss it away in favor of some over the top Call of Duty'esque gameplay.
Challenge the players. Don't give them a buttload of ammo and guns and by a result make the game less of a challenge for the players (like RE5).
Bring back Puzzles. The one thing that was unique about Resident Evil was the fact that it used to require STRATEGY to get through the game rather than rushing through the game guns a blazin.

With all that being said, I would like to point out that RE6 is looking good at this point (or more specifically Leon's part). But I still would like a completely horror oriented RE game with some action thrown in instead of vice versa. I don't mind the over the shoulder gameplay either so that could stay as well.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
wait Leon, Chris, AND Steve. the more reason to think Claire will be in the game
I mean look all the characters are adding up to Claire
Her brother
Her best friend
Her boyfriend
EVERYTHING ADDS UP
Not to mention if any body has seen this on rely on horror there was a rumor claire would be in it... I think CapCom is trying to blow are minds with a suprise

WeskersBrother

No need to worry my friend!
We haven't tried the game yet, so we're not 100% yet on what the hell is going on.
But, it seems like Capcom is trying to please both sides of the spectrum:

Scary segments with Leon
Intense segments with Chris
& Bruce Lee Kung Fu moments with the new guy! LOL

This game is going to be varied, yet balanced.
Don't worry :)

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
For all we know a T Veronica variant virus could be what is being used during this story to turn everyone into these monsters. If that is the case than Steve's blood could possibly produce a antibody for it since he has some form of immunity to it. It makes alot of since once you actually set back and think about it.

But who knows, its to early at this point to be making theories but that guys hand looks like Steve's when he mutates and I don't think its a coincidence that he mentions his blood. Not to mention the fact that this guy seems to have some form of experience with zombies and BOWs judging by the way he was speaking with Ashley. Definitely shows that he has been through this kind of stuff before...

His hand? You do realize he's wearing gloves right? Where do you even get the idea that Steve had an immunity to the virus? He mutated within minutes of being infected, probably by injection from Alexia. He returned to his human form when he was dying probably because the mutation wasn't complete and it takes a lot of energy. I don't think Wesker would let him live. We know for a fact Wesker took his dead body and used it to obtain the virus because Javier Hidalgo got it from him. Why would Wesker try to bring Steve back to life and risk being killed?

ToCool74

Veteran Member
His hand? You do realize he's wearing gloves right? Where do you even get the idea that Steve had an immunity to the virus? He mutated within minutes of being infected, probably by injection from Alexia. He returned to his human form when he was dying probably because the mutation wasn't complete and it takes a lot of energy. I don't think Wesker would let him live. We know for a fact Wesker took his dead body and used it to obtain the virus because Javier Hidalgo got it from him. Why would Wesker try to bring Steve back to life and risk being killed?

How did he have some form of immunity?

Because the other known person "Nosferatu" turned into a complete and mindless monster when he was injected with the T Veronica virus. While Steve was able to fight the control of it and resist the urge to kill claire. He even turned around and attacked Alexia who was the master of the T Veronica virus. how did you miss all of this? anyway, that shows that he had some form of power over it which was a ability not shown by anyone except Alexia.

And there are a number of reasons why Wesker would bring him back. One could be to use him as his muscle similar to what he did with Jill in RE5. The other could be to use him for battle tests against other BOWs. Another could be just to use him to mess with his arch nemesis's sister Claire (which he suggested in RECV when he said Steve and Claire may meet again). There ARE reasons dude.

Top Bottom