• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Official RE6 Trailer (With Gameplay Footage)

aoshi

REmake and Zero are still being played on the Wii. I don't see any reason why a game in that style won't work for the PS3, or Xbox 360.

Wii does not compare to the potential of PS3 or XBOX360. Reason being, not all games that come out on PS3,XBOX360,PC get a wii port by default. Console has its limitations and so do the games. Jus because there is a port, it does not mean the game has tapped the potential of the console or game has proven its value. Here is a comparison of all 3 consoles: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100325073551AAQBkoK. For eg
: Street fighter is an arcade game that has a play station version. Though its an old game , new versions were still released on PS2. It would be ridiculous to expect gamers to buy arcade machines to play the game.My point is - though street fighter is an old game, releasing them on higher consoles does not compare to new games that are solely intented to tap the full potential of hardware and software. I would say they were prototypes to games that are currently developed. I don't see how prototypes can compare to higher versions with improved gameplay elements.

Yes There Were Limits To What The Old Systems Could Do But I Liked The Gameplay Of The Originals Because It Made You Take Your Time And Think Which Enemies You Were Going To Take Down Because You Couldn't Always Take Down Each Enemy Otherwise You Would Have A Shortage Of Ammo.

In RE4, Which I Have Beaten Quite A Few Times, There Were A Few Spots Over The Course Of The Game That I Ran Short On Ammo But Not Many And For Me After Awhile It Felt Like No More Than An Exercise In COD But With Zombie Like Creatures. I Don't Think That Just Because The New Hardware Was There They Should Have Taken It Down That Path.

I Think That In Order To Bring It Back Closer To The Originals Then They Should Spend More Time With Puzzles And Not Make Ammo Drops As Frequent As To Give A Sense Of Urgency And Conservation, What The Old Ones Did For Me.

Older Generations Of Consoles Were Good For Their Time And Frankly I Think It's Quite Unfair To Put A Playstation One In The Same League As A Xbox 360 Or Ps3, Of Course It's Going To Get Beat, But Because The Graphics And Gameplay Had Limitations Then They Had To Concentrate More On The Story Telling And That Made It Amazing. Yeah RE4 Had A Story But I Didn't Really Feel A Whole Lot For What Came From Either 4 Or 5 Because As I Said Before The Gameplay Made It Feel Like An Exercise In COD And That Turns Me Off To A Game Because It's Not Really My Thing. I Understand That With Time Things Change Because If It Doesn't It Will Slowly Die And Be Forgotten But It's Not Expected To Be The Same Game But Leave Call Of Duty To Call Of Duty And Let Resident Evil Be It's Own Thing Not A Clone With A Few Different Enemies.

I really don't think puzzle solving should need more emphasis than it already is in games like RE 4 and RE 5. Reason being, puzzles can be created through any medium such as verbal, pictorial , patterns or mazes. Current gen consoles offer improved gaming experience than solving pictorial puzzles that were centered in old games.It would be obvious that video games concentrate on pictorial puzzles than verbal. Shifting the balance from action to puzzles would need a compromise on replay value. However puzzles involving mazes have their replay value . Reason being, first person perspective makes it hard to explore all locations in a maze in very first attempt. RE 4 and RE 5 had enough mazes to replay the games and explore the mazes. However, adding puzzles as in old games through static pictorial images or verbal documents would be a cheap attempt on new hardware.

I don't get the logic of RE comparing itself to that of COD or any other action game. I get that you are concerned about the replay value of the game as an exercise that is monotonous after a while as COD or any other action game. How can static puzzles in anyway improve the replay value as a puzzle once solved would be needless to solve again which reduces the replay value than action where surviving could not necessarily be consistent. I don't think older games have better replay value than current games.

LordGolbez

I really don't think puzzle solving should need more emphasis than it already is in games like RE 4 and RE 5. Reason being, puzzles can be created through any medium such as verbal, pictorial , patterns or mazes. Current gen consoles offer improved gaming experience than solving pictorial puzzles that were centered in old games.It would be obvious that video games concentrate on pictorial puzzles than verbal. Shifting the balance from action to puzzles would need a compromise on replay value. However puzzles involving mazes have their replay value . Reason being, first person perspective makes it hard to explore all locations in a maze in very first attempt. RE 4 and RE 5 had enough mazes to replay the games and explore the mazes. However, adding puzzles as in old games through static pictorial images or verbal documents would be a cheap attempt on new hardware

I don't get the logic of RE comparing itself to that of COD or any other action game. I get that you are concerned about the replay value of the game as an exercise that is monotonous after a while as COD or any other action game. How can static puzzles in anyway improve the replay value as a puzzle once solved would be needless to solve again which reduces the replay value than action where surviving could not necessarily be consistent. I don't think older games have better replay value than current games.

I Didn't Say Just Static Puzzles Because You Do Need A Variety Of Puzzles In A Resident Evil Games. Maze Puzzles Are Nice But The Maze Puzzles In RE 4 & 5 Were Silly In My Opinion, I Never Even Got Lost. I Bombed In, Got Everything And Got Out. If There Is A Real Maze Puzzle Then Put Something In There That If I Screw Up Then It's Going To Take Me Awhile To Figure It Out Like Maybe An Hour Instead Of Five Minutes. The Reason I Set An Extended Period Of Time Is Because If You Mess Up Then Have To Have Patience To Get Though It Instead Of It Being A Mere Annoyance, At Least Until You Know The Path. It Will Also Serve To Slow The Game Preventing It From Becoming A Call Of Duty Clone.

How Exactly Would Switching The Game From Action To Puzzle Solving Hurt Replay Value? I Really Would Like To Understand Your Logic On This Statement. It Never Seemed To Hurt The Replay Value Of The Original RE's Or Any Other Puzzle Game That I Know. What I Always Liked About Resident Evil Was The Fact That It Had Lulls Of Silence, It Was Never Always "Kill, Kill, Kill!!!!" It Was Take Or Time And Plan It Out Or You One Dead Duck. You Had To Plan Out A Path, You Had To Account For Ammo Because You Didn't Get Ammo Drops, You Didn't Have A Store To Go Buy Stuff When You Ran Out, You Had To Choose Only So Many Items To Take With You And Constantly Change Up Your Inventory.

None Of The Resident Evil Games Were First Person Views Ever. First Person Views Is Like Halo Or Elder Scrolls. Adding Set Puzzles Would Cheapen The Game? I Can Say Resident Evil 4 Had A Puzzle That Got Me And Can Still Get Me A Times. It's The Puzzle With All Of The Knight Armor, For Me That Puzzle Is Hard. There Were Multiple Ways To Finish That Puzzle Which Made It Neat But It Had The Ability Make Me Rather Upset. There Can Be Maze Puzzles, There Can Be Find The Pieces Puzzles, There Can Be Puzzles Where You Have To Do A Little Reading In Order To Get It, There Can Be Any Amount Of Decent Puzzles Not All Have To Simple Static Puzzles As You Say. Just Because Many Of The Puzzles In The Original Resident Evils Were In Fixed Positions Didn't Not Make Them Any Less Enjoyable To Me, Some Of Them Still Continue To Stump People, While Some Others Breeze Though.

I Also Don't Think That Having Puzzles As What To Old Games Did Would Serve To Cheapen The New Hardware. Make Them More Complex And Put The Engine To Work But Don't Over Concentrate On Them Because It Takes Then It Takes Away From The Game, Just The Same As If You Put To Much Emphasis On Action.

The Problem That I Find With Just The Surviving Part Is That After Awhile You Become Numbed To It And You Are Sitting Around Thinking About How Badass You Are And Not Thinking About Much Else, Which Are Some Of Feelings I Have When I Play A First Person Shooter. I Don't Want That Kind Of Stuff Mixed In My Resident Evil Thank You. The Puzzles Can Serve To Help Keep You Connected To The Game And Keep From Becoming A Exercise In Monotony. At The Same Time If All The Puzzles Are Too Easy It Only Adds To It, It's Like "Alright, Let's Bomb Over Here And Kill Enemy A Which Always Has Key A And Then So Forth To Enemy B Which Always Has Key B." You Fix That By Switching The Locations Of Keys And Changing Which Boss Has Them. Heck Even Make So That Sometimes A Boss Doesn't Even Have The Keys, Throw In A Dash Of Randomness, It Does Wonders For Replay Value.

I Disagree With You On The Fact That Older Games Don't Have More Replay Value Than New Games. Many Games Now I Feel Are Simple Cannon Fodder For People Who Are Looking To Spend Some Cash. Yeah A Good And Decent Game May Pop Out Every Once In Awhile But Not All Of The Time. I Find That There Is A Shortage Of Epic Games Anymore. Games That Have The Whole Package, Awesome Graphics, Amazing Story, Great Gameplay, Top Notch Music, But Not Only All Of That But Something That Appeals To More Than Just Our Basic Human Desire To See Mass Slaughter. There Are Many Days That I Just Want To Sit Around And Play An Older Game Because I Identify With It More Than A More Modern Game. I Feel That Replay Value Goes Deeper In Some Cases Than What's Just On The Surface.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
RE 6 is going to go up against titles like CoD and GTA 5 later this year.......
No need to worry my friend!
We haven't tried the game yet, so we're not 100% yet on what the hell is going on.
But, it seems like Capcom is trying to please both sides of the spectrum:

Scary segments with Leon
Intense segments with Chris
& Bruce Lee Kung Fu moments with the new guy! LOL

This game is going to be varied, yet balanced.
Don't worry :)
Haha...I like you...You're like me...Optimistic as ever!!
Do you really think if RE 6 was a clone of RE 2 it would sell???

The developers at Capcom are a bit worried.

The last thing ANYONE would want is for a huge game like RE 6 to flop like Alan Wake did......
Or to sell a "moderate" amount like Heavy Rain did......

Great games.......awful sales
Heavy Rain was great...Just sayin..

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Wii does not compare to the potential of PS3 or XBOX360. Reason being, not all games that come out on PS3,XBOX360,PC get a wii port by default. Console has its limitations and so do the games. Jus because there is a port, it does not mean the game has tapped the potential of the console or game has proven its value. Here is a comparison of all 3 consoles: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100325073551AAQBkoK. For eg
: Street fighter is an arcade game that has a play station version. Though its an old game , new versions were still released on PS2. It would be ridiculous to expect gamers to buy arcade machines to play the game.My point is - though street fighter is an old game, releasing them on higher consoles does not compare to new games that are solely intented to tap the full potential of hardware and software. I would say they were prototypes to games that are currently developed. I don't see how prototypes can compare to higher versions with improved gameplay elements.

I really don't think puzzle solving should need more emphasis than it already is in games like RE 4 and RE 5. Reason being, puzzles can be created through any medium such as verbal, pictorial , patterns or mazes. Current gen consoles offer improved gaming experience than solving pictorial puzzles that were centered in old games.It would be obvious that video games concentrate on pictorial puzzles than verbal. Shifting the balance from action to puzzles would need a compromise on replay value. However puzzles involving mazes have their replay value . Reason being, first person perspective makes it hard to explore all locations in a maze in very first attempt. RE 4 and RE 5 had enough mazes to replay the games and explore the mazes. However, adding puzzles as in old games through static pictorial images or verbal documents would be a cheap attempt on new hardware.

I Didn't Say Just Static Puzzles Because You Do Need A Variety Of Puzzles In A Resident Evil Games. Maze Puzzles Are Nice But The Maze Puzzles In RE 4 & 5 Were Silly In My Opinion, I Never Even Got Lost. I Bombed In, Got Everything And Got Out. If There Is A Real Maze Puzzle Then Put Something In There That If I Screw Up Then It's Going To Take Me Awhile To Figure It Out Like Maybe An Hour Instead Of Five Minutes. The Reason I Set An Extended Period Of Time Is Because If You Mess Up Then Have To Have Patience To Get Though It Instead Of It Being A Mere Annoyance, At Least Until You Know The Path. It Will Also Serve To Slow The Game Preventing It From Becoming A Call Of Duty Clone.

How Exactly Would Switching The Game From Action To Puzzle Solving Hurt Replay Value? I Really Would Like To Understand Your Logic On This Statement. It Never Seemed To Hurt The Replay Value Of The Original RE's Or Any Other Puzzle Game That I Know. What I Always Liked About Resident Evil Was The Fact That It Had Lulls Of Silence, It Was Never Always "Kill, Kill, Kill!!!!" It Was Take Or Time And Plan It Out Or You One Dead Duck. You Had To Plan Out A Path, You Had To Account For Ammo Because You Didn't Get Ammo Drops, You Didn't Have A Store To Go Buy Stuff When You Ran Out, You Had To Choose Only So Many Items To Take With You And Constantly Change Up Your Inventory.

None Of The Resident Evil Games Were First Person Views Ever. First Person Views Is Like Halo Or Elder Scrolls. Adding Set Puzzles Would Cheapen The Game? I Can Say Resident Evil 4 Had A Puzzle That Got Me And Can Still Get Me A Times. It's The Puzzle With All Of The Knight Armor, For Me That Puzzle Is Hard. There Were Multiple Ways To Finish That Puzzle Which Made It Neat But It Had The Ability Make Me Rather Upset. There Can Be Maze Puzzles, There Can Be Find The Pieces Puzzles, There Can Be Puzzles Where You Have To Do A Little Reading In Order To Get It, There Can Be Any Amount Of Decent Puzzles Not All Have To Simple Static Puzzles As You Say. Just Because Many Of The Puzzles In The Original Resident Evils Were In Fixed Positions Didn't Not Make Them Any Less Enjoyable To Me, Some Of Them Still Continue To Stump People, While Some Others Breeze Though.

I Also Don't Think That Having Puzzles As What To Old Games Did Would Serve To Cheapen The New Hardware. Make Them More Complex And Put The Engine To Work But Don't Over Concentrate On Them Because It Takes Then It Takes Away From The Game, Just The Same As If You Put To Much Emphasis On Action.

The Problem That I Find With Just The Surviving Part Is That After Awhile You Become Numbed To It And You Are Sitting Around Thinking About How Badass You Are And Not Thinking About Much Else, Which Are Some Of Feelings I Have When I Play A First Person Shooter. I Don't Want That Kind Of Stuff Mixed In My Resident Evil Thank You. The Puzzles Can Serve To Help Keep You Connected To The Game And Keep From Becoming A Exercise In Monotony. At The Same Time If All The Puzzles Are Too Easy It Only Adds To It, It's Like "Alright, Let's Bomb Over Here And Kill Enemy A Which Always Has Key A And Then So Forth To Enemy B Which Always Has Key B." You Fix That By Switching The Locations Of Keys And Changing Which Boss Has Them. Heck Even Make So That Sometimes A Boss Doesn't Even Have The Keys, Throw In A Dash Of Randomness, It Does Wonders For Replay Value.

I Disagree With You On The Fact That Older Games Don't Have More Replay Value Than New Games. Many Games Now I Feel Are Simple Cannon Fodder For People Who Are Looking To Spend Some Cash. Yeah A Good And Decent Game May Pop Out Every Once In Awhile But Not All Of The Time. I Find That There Is A Shortage Of Epic Games Anymore. Games That Have The Whole Package, Awesome Graphics, Amazing Story, Great Gameplay, Top Notch Music, But Not Only All Of That But Something That Appeals To More Than Just Our Basic Human Desire To See Mass Slaughter. There Are Many Days That I Just Want To Sit Around And Play An Older Game Because I Identify With It More Than A More Modern Game. I Feel That Replay Value Goes Deeper In Some Cases Than What's Just On The Surface.
You both have excellent points..But you're thinking about it WAY too much...There is only ONE veeeeeery simple thing that determines replay value...Fun...For example...I can play RE4 a MILLION times over...It meats every requirement that Lord Golbez stated...I can also play REmake and RE2 a MILLION times over...for the same reason...RE 0, 3, 5, and CVX not so much though...RE0 just doesn't quite make it story wise, RE3 and CVX have times where the puzzles are TOO hard to get enjoyment out of playing straight through, even to an experienced RE gamer like myself...And RE5, obviously doesn't have ENOUGH puzzles...They're all fun, but not NEAR as fun as the three i listed with perfect balance...But do you guys wanna know what has more replay value than ANY of em...Mario Bros and Sonic the Hedgehog...Wanna know why...You can sit for HOURS and it just be fun...No stress, no worrying about puzzles, no mindless killing...Just bright colors and loveable characters, that can be appealing to hardcore, casual, and even non-gamer types...I am not saying make RE a platforming game with talking animals and a fat plumber...But make it FUN...I betcha money if you walked up to the most hardcore gamer in town and said "Mario Bros, Call of Duty, or RE5, which should we go play?" He'd pick Mario Bros. EVERY time...

Top Bottom