• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

NEW MOVIE!! resident evil: afterlife

rocklikebrucelee

Jill Valentine S.T.A.R.S;36218 said:
through-out the 11 years of the game Wesker has always had an "Englishmans" voice, one of the things that made him unique among the crowd....

Umm...no he didn't? :( He had that voice in UC and RE4/5 only.

bruno

Chief Researcher
RE: Afterlife confirmed :blink::(:confused:

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=10969

OMG What do they want more? NO ONE LIKES THESE MOVIES!! STOP MAKING SH*T!!!
This has NO SENSE!! Why don't they make a movie that would sell, like following a game's plot, or making a movie that fits with the games or at least, a movie that isn't STUPID.
RE: Extinction's plot was already bad enough... Thank god i havn't paid to see that movie. ARRGH
Sorry for this, but i really don't understand what's going on on their minds.
I agree with this comment (see the link above):

Posted by: ttop33 on July 1, 2009 at 21:00:55
I agree these movies are terrible. YOu really think they have a place to even go now. The world is gone and there are some guys in business suits scheming in a room in japan. What the fck could they be scheming? Money is useless, there is nothing left. It's fcking dumb. And I think when you end a movie with the main character holding her dead naked self you've pretty much said all you can say about the subject.

The games were set up sooo perfectly to become legendary horror movies. But Sony thought it better to turn them into stupid kungfu action films. And anderson should just be plain out sentenced to death by firing squad. That guy is a talentless scumbag hack.

EDIT: Mila confirms this disaster...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSAv4lk_hJs

ResidentZelda

Why this douchebag doesn't understand that his RE movie sucked? Seriously he is mentaly retarded to make another one!

wpstudart

ResidentZelda;47529 said:
Why this douchebag doesn't understand that his RE movie sucked? Seriously he is mentaly retarded to make another one!

It didn't sucked. Many people liked. I liked. But I don't want to start a discussion. The film should not be called Resident Evil, it's very different from the game, but do what? :confused:

It may be better, who knows? It can be worse either. Let's just wait.

Awaii-Lynne

momma cosplayer
Okay, I know I've already posted something on this forum before, but, now that I have more time, I can post something else on here.

First off, I dont think a 4th movie would be a bad thing, but it probably wouldnt be a good thing either.

I didnt like the first movie, at all. I thought it was a complete and total waste. As I'm sure many other RE fans would agree, I think they should of stuck with the RE Story line. Started off with the whole Mansion thing, then went from there. I mean, the whole "Hive" just..ruined it for me. And to top that off, the Lickers in the first movie looked like an over sized dog...with no eyes.
The second movie was a little better. It had some parts from the game in it, but I think they should of put Leon and Clair in it. I mean, they ARE RE2..when you think of RE2, you think of them. Clair looking for her brother, and Leon just starting out as a cop...
The third one...Idk...it was...eh to me.

Anyways, thats what I think....

hahahehehahaho

ResidentZelda;47529 said:

He would be 'mentally retarded' not to make another one.

Extinction was number 1 at the box office opening weekend if I remember correctly and RE5 was a huge success. They see more potential in the RE films now more then ever. Money is what they are after and money is what they will get. If you hate the films so much then why not just overlook them? Nobody is forcing you to watch them.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
The problem is with the movie series is that they needed to appeal to a wider audience, not just RE fans - I think with that in mind, they've not done terribly. Just not brilliantly. I think that's what Degeneration was for - for the RE fans who wanted some proper RE action. I can't see that movie appealing to anyone other than RE fans.

As long as more game references are made, the next movie should be really interesting! I hope...

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
It was in the promotional newspaper for RE Apocalypse

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/residentevilapocalypse/site/raccooncitynews.pdf

You need Adobe Reader to see it I think

I heard they were thinking about putting him in Extinction, but because they killed him off in the promotional material (and, for some reason, stated that he was Jill's partner - although Leon was never a member of S.T.A.R.S. and was only part of the RPD for a day) they couldn't use him. Maybe they'll hope that the public forgets this by Afterlife, I reckon they could use him ^^

Torque

Since, i've seen the previous three films, they've all been of mediocre quality to me

and knowing films that do poorly early on in the series, this one is only going to be worse than the rest

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Not necessarily, iSmooshU, some sequels do surpass their predecessors. Look at The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Leone, 1966) and The Dark Knight (Nolan, 2008). People often say that they are two of the greatest movies of all time.

This sequel COULD have the scope to do well.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I read an article in which the Actor Boris Kodjoe speaks about the storyline. It seems to be even worse than the previous movies. Here you go:

Actor Boris Kodjoe has a role in the next Resident Evil Movie (RE Afterlife) and he have went on to talk a little about his role in it. There're some mild spoilers so check his story below at your own risk.
Spoiler:
"I play the leader of the survivors in LA. Milla Jovovich's character, Alice, is roaming the world looking for survivors and she's wound up in LA, which has been burning for three years. She comes across an LA jail surrounded be these half-dead, uhh…[zombies]. Yeah, they're those monsters, what are they called? Anyway, she comes across the jail and there's a couple of survivors and she lands on top of the roof and partners up with me to fight the guys that are coming after them. We're trying to get all of the survivors out of the jail to safety. We're starting next week, actually."
GoNintendo - Contain Spoilers

Ali Larter ( Claire Redfield) and Wentworth Miller are also confirmed for the movie.

Awaii-Lynne

momma cosplayer
bruno;58243 said:
I read an article in which the Actor Boris Kodjoe speaks about the storyline. It seems to be even worse than the previous movies. Here you go:

Who is he supposed to play? and where did you read that at?

bruno

Chief Researcher
It's in my post, i read it in "Project Umbrella". I don't remember who he's gonna play, but you can search it there (sorry for my lazyness).

Mirrorman

i just hope they make wesker a main character instead of having just 3 parts like the last one

also, if chris is retarded, i will be mad

Top Bottom