• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 New Details on RE:6/ Set in 2013

Brodamuhammad

Why does everyone think that its 2013? The only official information would be in the trailer, in interviews with the producer, or on the official website. The trailer says 10 years after the Raccoon City Incident. I've been able to find only one interview and it says nothing about what year the game will take place in. On the official Resident Evil website under the RE6 portal it says that the game will take place 10 years after the Raccoon City Incident, it says nothing about 2013. What the president wants to tell the world about is what really happened to Raccoon City, and that they had actually nuked the city and it wasn't an accident. This game will take place in 2009 after RE5, you may say "Hey, thats 11 years!" Not quite, Raccoon City was nuked September, 1998 making it close to the end of the year. This means that this is probably happening a little over 10 years, but not quite 11 years.

bruno

Chief Researcher
The source for the year 2013 is the XBL website.
I actually think this game may have a structure like Revelations, with scenarios taking place through different time periods.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
The source for the year 2013 is the XBL website.
I actually think this game may have a structure like Revelations, with scenarios taking place through different time periods.
I think so, too. I think Capcom is playing up on the confusion of that. I mean, I would personally like to know what Leon has been up to since 4, and they will probably show that. 2006 to 2013 is quite a long time.

Carter478

I think it'll be great having it set after the 5th game cause I wasn't personally keen on the idea of a prequel... But maybe its set in 2013 in some parts and 2008 in others either way I'm more excited about it :D

L30N

Alive
I've been thinking about it lately. well, since it's English translation for Japanese, the translation isn't 100%.
as for 10 years since the Raccoon City incident.
first : the incident started in 1998.
second : the incident also ended in 1998.
BUT the case isn't close yet.
in 2003 (Umbrella Chronicles), where Chris & Jill infiltrate the Umbrella base, thus destroy Umbrella for good.
after the Umbrella fall, the government put a blame on the Umbrella for the incident thus the case is finally closed.
10 years since the Raccoon City incident which is also mean 10 years since the case is closed.
the incident started in 1998 and the case is closed in 2003.
so that makes Resident Evil 6 set in 2013.

FYI, Resident Evil Damnation story will lead to Resident Evil 6.

The movie is probably not connected to the game.

Carter478

I thought not being able to run and shoot made the RE games more scary but since you are able to move and shoot in RE Revelations, It was really handy and still scary :D I think it'll be great.

Capcomplicated

The Lousy Architect
Premium
I think this could be the game old and new fans alike can wrap their heads around, if they do it right. Which at this point i dont believe would take much based on the talent thats out there. I've been waiting for a creepy 2 player resident evil game since LIN did its thing. I have hope.

Top Bottom