• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 New Details on RE:6/ Set in 2013

L30N

Alive
New information on Resident Evil 6 has emerged thanks to its profile on Xbox Live. The game will have 1-2 players in singleplayer and up to 6 in the co-op campaign. The multiplayer mode(s) will feature up to 8 players when online.

An important fact is that Resident Evil 6 is confirmed to indeed be a sequel, set in 2013. However, the description still mistakenly reads as "10 years after the Raccoon City incident", Probably "10 years after Umbrella's Destruction"

Other new features:
- Walk and shoot
- Cover System
- Melee

.,L30N

source(s) : http://www.biohaze.com/

ToCool74

Veteran Member
There was definitely a error somewhere in here.

It would be possible that they could have meant 10 years after the fall of umbrella. But the one thing that disproves the possibility of that error is the fact that it was also said verbally in the trailer that it had been 10 years since the RACOON CITY outbreak.

L30N

Alive
I have read some post, comments in forums and gaming sites that it was really 10 years after the fall of Umbrella. Capcom needs to fix some details..

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I have read some post and comments in forums and gaming sites that it was really 10 years after the fall of Umbrella. Capcom needs to fix some details..

Yea but are they going to retcon what was verbally said in the trailer?

It would be easier if it was only said in a interview since that could simply mean that someone made a error in the reports. But Capcom released a trailer which also said that it was 10 years after the racoon city outbreak.

L30N

Alive

It would be easier if it was only said in a interview since that could simply mean that someone made a error in the reports. But Capcom released a trailer which also said that it was 10 years after the racoon city outbreak.

Your right, Let's just wait for more details..

L30N

Alive

But if it is after 10 years, it makes it a prequel.

Resident Evil 4 2004

Resident Evil 6 2008

Resident Evil 5 2009

L30N

Alive

Found some details.

"While a number of sources define it as "ten years after", placing it as between late 2008 and mid-2009, the official Xbox marketplace description states that it is set in 2013. 2013 also happens to be a decade after the end of the Raccoon Trials."

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
My friend has this info on his Facebook. I'm glad to hear about the new cover system, and walk and shoot is a welcome change. I'll have to wait and see how the melee system works. 1-2 play single player... since when is having 2 players considered single player? I don't mind it being co-op, but if one does play alone, will there be an AI? That's not single player Capcom... And 6 player co-op? Interesting. I wonder how that will work.

L30N

Alive
My friend has this info on his Facebook. I'm glad to hear about the new cover system, and walk and shoot is a welcome change. I'll have to wait and see how the melee system works. 1-2 play single player... since when is having 2 players considered single player? I don't mind it being co-op, but if one does play alone, will there be an AI? That's not single player Capcom... And 6 player co-op? Interesting. I wonder how that will work.

Yeah, Single player without AI sounds awesome but I don't think it won't happen.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Perhaps Capcom meant "10 years after Raccoon City" in the very vague sense of "a decade", even though that should have been reworded if they intend to set it in 2013 to avoid confusions.

If that's the case... Chris needs to get back in the gym, looking at him in the trailer I can see he's clearly been slacking after 2009.

L30N

Alive
Perhaps Capcom meant "10 years after Raccoon City" in the very vague sense of "a decade", even though that should have been reworded if they intend to set it in 2013 to avoid confusions.

If that's the case... Chris needs to get back in the gym, looking at him in the trailer I can see he's clearly been slacking after 2009.

Nah, he looks better without steroids.

Some Nights

No Shape
I think after this I will try to avoid any news. I have spoiled so many games for myself just from searching for any news I could find. Maybe I will enjoy 6 more than I enjoyed 5 if I go in not knowing anything about it. (wishful thinking)

Hoady

I think after this I will try to avoid any news. I have spoiled so many games for myself just from searching for any news I could find. Maybe I will enjoy 6 more than I enjoyed 5 if I go in not knowing anything about it. (wishful thinking)

I know exactly what you mean, done it multiple times.Some of these gameplays you see send a whopping impact but then you know what to expect and really lessons the experience 10 fold.Obviously if its vice versa well its just way better.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I SO hope it's set in 2013... Because if it were set in 2008, wouldn't that mean RE5 was the end of the series? As in there wouldn't be any other game set AFTER 2009, because the way it ended made it seem as though there was nothing left to defeat...?

zeroskaterz92

I've been thinking about it lately. well, since it's English translation for Japanese, the translation isn't 100%.
as for 10 years since the Raccoon City incident.
first : the incident started in 1998.
second : the incident also ended in 1998.
BUT the case isn't close yet.
in 2003 (Umbrella Chronicles), where Chris & Jill infiltrate the Umbrella base, thus destroy Umbrella for good.
after the Umbrella fall, the government put a blame on the Umbrella for the incident thus the case is finally closed.
10 years since the Raccoon City incident which is also mean 10 years since the case is closed.
the incident started in 1998 and the case is closed in 2003.
so that makes Resident Evil 6 set in 2013.

FYI, Resident Evil Damnation story will lead to Resident Evil 6.

Carter478

I thought the game was based in 2008 and was gonna be a prequel to 5. Chris does look a little smaller than he does in RE5 too. But it'd be nice to have a game based in a year after the last game in the series...

Top Bottom