• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 My Thoughts on Resident Evil 6 - Just finished

AdaWesker24

So, I just beat Resident Evil 6 and thought I would give my review on it.

1. I'll start with the #1 thing that bothered me... The clone of Ada Wong. This bothered me and here's why. One thing that made me SO excited for the game and also while playing it, was how bad Ada Wong was acting which I loved and thought it was in character. Felt like they were adding more to her character.

Like when Ada tells Jake that "Albert Wesker was a colossal imbecile who tried to take over the world." I loved hearing Ada talk **** about Wesker... Especially to his SON! And it really disappointed me that it wasn't really Ada at all who said that. It was her clone, Carla.

One thing that REALLY made me love and get into Resident Evil 6 was Chris' story. Mainly because of him and Ada Wong. I really thought it was Ada who killed Chris' men. I remember being so proud of Ada for being so bad. I enjoyed that side of her. And even better, it gave Chris a real motive/story to want Ada dead. He spends half his campaign tracking and hunting down Ada, expressing how much he wants her dead for what she did. And the fact that Chris and Ada never met before made this better. Making it even more entertaining when Chris says: "How many men of ours are dead?! ALL BECAUSE OF THAT BITCH!" Cause we already know Ada. And finding out that it was Ada's clone who did that made CHRIS' STORY POINTLESS! Everything that made me love Chris' story became meaningless. His hatred for Ada made Chris so much more emotional and three-dimensional than I have ever seen and I loved it. So, it was really the clone, Carla doing all that, and who Chris REALLY hated. But as far as I'm concerned, he never found out it was a clone.

Another thing that got me excited for this game was the trailer that showed Chris about to kill Ada in China, then Leon saves her, kicks the gun away from Chris and starts fighting him. Again, all that excitement for the game vanished when I found out it was really Ada's evil clone, Carla. So, Leon wasn't really saving Ada, he was saving Carla, without knowing that at the time. I loved that moment in the trailer because we have known and seen Leon and Ada together since Resident Evil 2. We know how they feel about each other. I loved seeing Leon saving Ada from another fan favorite - Chris Redfield. The whole clone idea made all that pointless and took all the meaning and significance away.

The only thing I did like about the Ada clone idea was that Simmons wanted Ada to be the scapegoat for neo umbrella. Wanted it to appear that SHE was behind it. And he thought the best way was to create a clone. Assuming I understood that part of the story. I did get a bit confused when they revealed this. So, that's why I did not like the Ada clone idea..

2. Next... In the first trailer the president tells Leon he is going to reveal what REALLY happened behind the Raccoon City incident. And uh... As far as I can remember they ignored this. They never answered that question. Can someone here PLEASE answer that for me? What did the president want to reveal as to what REALLY happened?

Those are my only two complaints for this game. Otherwise, I LOVED Resident Evil 6. One of the best RE games. Definitely better than Resident Evil 5 I thought. I don't know about you guys, but what really pulls me into the RE games, and makes me love it and be interested are the CHARACTERS and the STORY. And THEN the gameplay. Which is a huge reason why I loved RE 5 and 6 so much. I didn't mind the more action part of it. But I still do love the survival horror. I just won't hate an RE game if there's more action.

As for which was my favorite campaign? I don't know. I loved them all. I enjoyed Jake and Sherry's more than I thought I would. I probably enjoyed Chris' campaign the most. Not because of the action, but because of the STORY involving the CHARACTERS that I love. Which got ruined with the whole Ada clone thing. In terms of the gameplay, I definitely enjoyed Leon's a whole damn lot because it was more like the older RE games. I have to admit though, I think ALL FOUR campaigns managed to find some old school RE in there some where. Even Chris' towards the end. The music got scary, the atmosphere changed, it was easy to get lost. It felt like he was in a classic RE setting.

I think Leon's and Ada's campaign did a great job bringing back the old RE that we love so much. They had a lot of classic pain in the ass puzzels that RE has to offer. You know, in order to open one door, you have to search the whole place for three different keys. And along the way you have pain in the ass enemies in your way. But Leon's and Ada's definitely had the most old school RE in it. Hell, even Leon's turned into action. But what can we do about that, right?

I loved this game VERY much. My favorite one so far. I give it a 9/10.

My other small minor complaint is Chris finding out Jake is Wesker's son. I thought there would be more between those two about Chris killing Wesker. Jake being angry about it, etc... But not much happened about it. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I thought there was going to be something a little bit more dramatic about the issue. Idk. Hard to say.

Also, they hyped up the trailers with Chris and Leon finally meeting each other, and fighting each other. I thought all of that was over hyped. That whole sequence with them happened so fast and ended so fast. I thought there was going to be a bigger deal with those two meeting like that. But I guess not.

I love Leon and Chris but for Resident Evil 7, Capcom needs to chill the hell out with Chris and Leon. I don't want to see them back AGAIN three games in a row for Chris and two for Leon. It felt like this whole Chris/Leon thing was something Capcom just needed to get out of their system. Well, they did and now they need to take a rest from it. Seriously, they need Claire back for Resident Evil 7. We have not been able to play as her since Code: Veronica. That was a long time ago. Time for her to come back. At least we got to see her in Degeneration. But still. Same goes for Jill. At least she appeared in Resident Evil 5. Claire didn't even appear in Resident Evil 6. So, chill with Chris and Leon and bring back Claire and Jill. It's their time and turn to be in a main game again. If Capcom REALLY wants to listen to fans, they'll bring back Rebecca Chambers already. Jeez. lol.

I also wouldn't mind if they made a full fledged RE game that was survival horror again. But it doesn't sound like that will ever happen. IT DID however, feel like they tried to listen to the fans for RE 6 not just with the horror, but with other things too.

One more thing... they said that Resident Evil 6 was going to be way longer than Resident Evil 5. I'm sorry to say it wasn't. If I didn't know any better, it was SHORTER. Not longer. I beat it fairly quickly. I think RE 5 took me longer. Even when you combine all four campaigns, still didn't feel longer than Re 5.

One thing that I really missed was the typewriters and ink ribbons to save games. I know the chances of them ever bringing that back are small. But that's one thing that makes RE special and unique. They really should add those in again. They also took away the documents/papers you read that are randomly found. Documents that have like 6 pages to read that reveal more of the story. They took that out too. They also took away the thing where, when you press a button to observe something, like a fireplace. It'll say something like: "Seems like this fire was lit by someone. But who?" I miss that. Or if you observe a certain part of the floor/hall or room, it'll say something like: "This bed looks old and used. I don't think anyone has used it for a while." They should bring that back too. Even RE 5 had those kinds of things. :(

Anyway, Resident Evil 6 ROCKED! I loved it! Bring back Claire and Jill for Resident Evil 7! WESKER TOO!!!! Wesker would never let a couple missiles kill him. lol. ;)

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Wesker is not coming back.

I'm sorry, but someone who Over Dosed on superhuman pills, swam in a pool of Lava, and got two Rocket launchers to the face, is not coming back.

However, Claire HAS GOT TO COME BACK!!

Its been what? 10 years now?

Flipqy42

Nevermore
2. Next... In the first trailer the president tells Leon he is going to reveal what REALLY happened behind the Raccoon City incident. And uh... As far as I can remember they ignored this. They never answered that question. Can someone here PLEASE answer that for me? What did the president want to reveal as to what REALLY happened?

I think Benford was going to reveal that the US Government had a hand in covering up Raccoon City and that they had deals with the Umbrella Corporation.

Darkness

Infected
The only thing I did like about the Ada clone idea was that Simmons wanted Ada to be the scapegoat for neo umbrella. Wanted it to appear that SHE was behind it. And he thought the best way was to create a clone. Assuming I understood that part of the story. I did get a bit confused when they revealed this. So, that's why I did not like the Ada clone idea..
I thought the same thing to when I first beat the game but that's not quite it. Simmons actually had no part in Neo Umbrella, and may not have known it even existed until near his death. Simmons was the head of "The Family," a bunch of rich and powerful people who stabilized the power structure of the world, and Carla was the head of Neo Umbrella, which she formed to basically oppose everything The Family did, creating chaos and destruction.

Simmons did not create an Ada clone to frame Ada for anything, he just wanted his waifu back because he was too beta to move on. In my opinion the whole thing is so unnecessarily complicated.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Wesker is not coming back.

I'm sorry, but someone who Over Dosed on superhuman pills, swam in a pool of Lava, and got two Rocket launchers to the face, is not coming back.

However, Claire HAS GOT TO COME BACK!!

Its been what? 10 years now?

Exactly. And there's going to be some DLC for RE6 involving Claire. A new campaign I believe.

@AdaWesker, "Like when Ada tells Jake that "Albert Wesker was a colossal imbecile who tried to take over the world." I loved hearing Ada talk **** about Wesker... Especially to his SON! And it really disappointed me that it wasn't really Ada at all who said that. It was her clone, Carla.

One thing that REALLY made me love and get into Resident Evil 6 was Chris' story. Mainly because of him and Ada Wong. I really thought it was Ada who killed Chris' men. I remember being so proud of Ada for being so bad. I enjoyed that side of her."

I did enjoy her talking sh*t about Wesker, since he and Ada had a bit of a fued. Clearly they didn't like eachother. Just watch their scenes in Separate Ways. Always hanging up on eachother. lol

Ada: "You don't need to remind me."

Wesker: "Hurry up and retrieve the sample."

Of course that being Carla ruins that a tad, but I just didn't like the idea of a "clone". IDK, it's whatever, RE6 is great even with that.

Ada wouldn't do something like that though, kill all those men. She's a ruthless spy and all, but trickery and using people to achieve her goals are what she's about. Not murder. And of course the relationship her and Leon have.

And it's weird how Chris' campaign gets the most love, when it was supposed to be the action campaign. I definately thought Chris stole the show, which is weird because he just appeared in RE5, then RER, then this new game.

I love RE6's gameplay though. I still don't like that the default controls are the, shooter controls. Holding L to aim and pressing R to shoot, but it's whatever. As long as they have the RE standard control scheme there, I'll be happy.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
I agree with most of what you said, but small correction here. Simmons was not associated with Neo-Umbrella. He's a part of an organization known as the Family, and Carla created Neo-Umbrella to basically fight the Family.

Simmons never needed a scapegoat for his plans because he already had it all figured out. The main reason he created a clone of Ada was because supposedly they were in a relationship for a while, and he became obsessed with her. So when she broke up with him he dedicated his efforts to creating a clone so he can "have her back". He forced his assistant, Carla Radames, to participate in the experiment against her will. He succeeded in turning her into Ada, but he failed to keep her loyalty. She lost her identity because of him, so she created Neo-Umbrella as an act of vengeance against Simmons.

AdaWesker24

I agree with most of what you said, but small correction here. Simmons was not associated with Neo-Umbrella. He's a part of an organization known as the Family, and Carla created Neo-Umbrella to basically fight the Family.

Simmons never needed a scapegoat for his plans because he already had it all figured out. The main reason he created a clone of Ada was because supposedly they were in a relationship for a while, and he became obsessed with her. So when she broke up with him he dedicated his efforts to creating a clone so he can "have her back". He forced his assistant, Carla Radames, to participate in the experiment against her will. He succeeded in turning her into Ada, but he failed to keep her loyalty. She lost her identity because of him, so she created Neo-Umbrella as an act of vengeance against Simmons.

Wow. I didn't get any of that. lol. But I could have sworn Simmons wanted it to appear that Ada Wong was behind neo-umbrella. He says something to the effect, like: "No other than Neo-Umbrella's Ada Wong." I thought he wanted to make it look like she was behind it. Unless he meant Carla? Idk. Wow, I must have totally missed the part about Ada and Simmons being involved. Really? I'll have to pay better attention next time I play the game.

So... Who was behind/responsible for the events of Resident Evil 6? Simmons and "The Family" or Carla and Neo-Umbrella? Who created the C-Virus then?

MetalGamer2

Survivor
Wow. I didn't get any of that. lol. But I could have sworn Simmons wanted it to appear that Ada Wong was behind neo-umbrella. He says something to the effect, like: "No other than Neo-Umbrella's Ada Wong." I thought he wanted to make it look like she was behind it. Unless he meant Carla? Idk. Wow, I must have totally missed the part about Ada and Simmons being involved. Really? I'll have to pay better attention next time I play the game.

So... Who was behind/responsible for the events of Resident Evil 6? Simmons and "The Family" or Carla and Neo-Umbrella? Who created the C-Virus then?
A lot of these questions are answered in more detail in the files you get from serpeant emblems. But to give you a general idea, basically Simmons/"The Family" are responsible for Tall Oaks, and Carla/Neo-Umbrella are responsible for Edonia and China. And when he said "Neo-Umbrellas very own Ada Wong", that wasn't really Simmons speaking. At the end of Ada's Chapter 2, it reveals that the person Ada was talking to on the phone for the first 2 chapters was actually Carla posing as Simmons.

Hope this clears things up :)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
A campaign for Claire?!?!

I might actually buy the game.
Well I believe it's only DLC, but'd probably be released later on, when Capcom inevitably re-releases RE6, as they tend to do.

And actually, I believe that the Claire DLC, which I want to say is called Lost Hope or something, isn't confirmed, but actually a rumor or something. A really, really reliable source informed me of this though, Mass! But yeah, I can't wait for it!

AdaWesker24

A lot of these questions are answered in more detail in the files you get from serpeant emblems. But to give you a general idea, basically Simmons/"The Family" are responsible for Tall Oaks, and Carla/Neo-Umbrella are responsible for Edonia and China. And when he said "Neo-Umbrellas very own Ada Wong", that wasn't really Simmons speaking. At the end of Ada's Chapter 2, it reveals that the person Ada was talking to on the phone for the first 2 chapters was actually Carla posing as Simmons.

Hope this clears things up :)

Whoa, wait. What the hell is serpeant emblems? Is this to be found in Resident Evil 6? Extra Content or special features or something? I never saw such a thing. How do I see these files? I am in desperate need of them pronto! ;)

Wait a minunte. I don't remember that being revealed at the end of Ada's chapter 2. Carla was not only Ada, but Simmons too?! What the f*ck? lol. I really REALLY don't remember that. What was the point of Carla being Simmons now? Are you sure we played the same game? lol. This is all news to me. And I just beat Resident Evil 6, too.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
Whoa, wait. What the hell is serpeant emblems? Is this to be found in Resident Evil 6? Extra Content or special features or something? I never saw such a thing. How do I see these files? I am in desperate need of them pronto! ;)

Wait a minunte. I don't remember that being revealed at the end of Ada's chapter 2. Carla was not only Ada, but Simmons too?! What the f*ck? lol. I really REALLY don't remember that. What was the point of Carla being Simmons now? Are you sure we played the same game? lol. This is all news to me. And I just beat Resident Evil 6, too.

lol Just listen carefully to the dialogue in the cutscene at the end of Ada's chapter 2. Notably when she says "Isn't this you on the video? Ada, you're the one behind Neo-Umbrella." Then it shows that Carla is actually the person on the other side of the phone.

Also, if you see any blue circular emblems in any of the campaigns, then you can shoot them to unlock files. Just go to special features and select collection to view the files you already have. These files give plenty of backstory.

Darkness

Infected

Ok wtf, I said the same exact thing three posts up, that's some bull right there. :mad:

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Well I believe it's only DLC, but'd probably be released later on, when Capcom inevitably re-releases RE6, as they tend to do.

And actually, I believe that the Claire DLC, which I want to say is called Lost Hope or something, isn't confirmed, but actually a rumor or something. A really, really reliable source informed me of this though, Mass! But yeah, I can't wait for it!
I hope mass was right. Claire is my favorite character, and she needs to be mentioned.

Critical-Limit

It's funny you say how much you hated the clone.

But I'm a super Ada fanboy, and when I originally watched the first couple trailers and I saw Ada wong doing those things.

I immediately thought "clone"

I mean seriously

when has Ada ever killed a innocent human being?
She does use people, but she's never been "evil" to me. Atleast not after her meeting with Leon. She might've been that way prior to meeting leon but I've always got the vibe Leon changed her, and I believe deep down she has a decently good heart.

She used Luis in RE4, but she was still planning to help him escape that nightmare.

IF you know anything about where Ada Wong's character gets her inspiration from it's La Femme Nikita. And if you know what that story is about. Then you like me should've seen this coming in RE6.

Seeing Ada do those "Bad things" didn't make me think "Yeah! Alright" I immediately thought that was slightly out of character for her. and it seems I was right.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I hope mass was right. Claire is my favorite character, and she needs to be mentioned.
Okay, here is the little info he had given that I read.

"The new DLC content will, according to Dual Pixel's rather reliable source Geno, include new modes, maybe the ones already promised for limited 360 exclusivity (Survivors, Predator and Siege), and a completely new campaign. Yes, you read that right, RE6 just got even bigger with not just 4 fullblown campaigns but 5, with this additional new story focusing around... Claire Redfield. You may now call an ambulance so they can check on your minor heart attack. According to Rely on Horror, this new campaign will be set after the events of the actual game. Maybe we'll see a little Jill in there too, just for good measure."

I know I'm definately excited for it. I really want to see Claire too. They better have Allyson Court supplying her voice. I wonder what her outfit will be though?

I liked the cutoff shorts in RE2, and the outfit she wore in CVX. Her, Claire all grown up, outfit in Degeneration was okay too. I don't know what her style is anymore. usually wearing something red or pink though.

Top Bottom