• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 My biggest gripe with RE5

Revenantjack_2.0

I actually have no problem with big muscle Chris cos I think that's very American, you know?? A lot of male Super Heroes from Marvel and DC Comics are big and overly muscular. I grew up reading those comics so it didn't bother me when they changed Chris' appearance.

lena

Revenantjack_2.0;73212 said:
I actually have no problem with big muscle Chris cos I think that's very American, you know?? A lot of male Super Heroes from Marvel and DC Comics are big and overly muscular. I grew up reading those comics so it didn't bother me when they changed Chris' appearance.

japanese thought that's what american called beauty

Revenantjack_2.0

Can't really blame the Japanese though. As I said earlier most American comics features overly buffed men as their protagonists. So from that you can already tell how and why Capcom decided to turn Chris into what the Westerns like to call, "Beefcake".

Summore, don't you guys think muscular men symbolizes masculinity??

superman-overlooking-metropolis.jpg

wolverine14.jpg

We Are Ninja

Well said, I share your opinion. I too read comics coming up; I didn't think twice about Chris' musculature.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I think overly muscular characters look ridiculous and stupid. Maybe it's typical American(?) but I don't think it makes it better.

Revenantjack_2.0;73224 said:
don't you guys think muscular men symbolizes masculinity??

superman-overlooking-metropolis.jpg

wolverine14.jpg
Look at those images, that's what I mean.
Some of the muscular heroes are not masculine because they are beyond human. I regard masculinity as a human trait.

007_agent

I really didnt mind chriss muscles, hell, if id seen half of the stuff redfield has seen id be hitting the gym too. besides, You guys naturally assume chris is on roids, i mean he had 3 years to weight train, plus the man has good genetics and must eat like a bear, like most military types. remember leon is the emo rookie cop, but chris has always had a military backround, so it seems logical for him to have that physique, and be a tough guy.And as far as muscles go for masculinity, its true. The ideal look for men are muscles, as women are supposed to be skinny and have big boobs, and a big butt.I mean if your a military warrior type woman, your not gonna have a supermodel physique, but nobody says anything about Jill or Sheva! Plus, Chris looks badass:D

Hoady

teal27;68911 said:
Yep, that is pretty silly I gotta say. :confused:

I also noticed he seems to get grabbed by the women more than the men . . . they may be bug-brains but they aren't blind. ;)

Well you can't blame them living in such horribly low standards, i think they'd do anything to get into those pants.The whole game is just about the women trying to hook up with chris and all the men getting incredibly jealous.Wesker was too ugly for the village women and takes his anger out on chris.xD

Well honestly i don't mind it he looks well beast and i think it suits chris perfectly fine.Lets hope its a one off thing though because if this happens i'm just going to forget that i knew RE ever existed.....

leon_from___resident_evil_4___by_dw3girl.jpg

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
That's not the Leon I know.. He must have been injected with some Salazar genes. The face reminds me a little about Salazar. :confused:

Revenantjack_2.0

Romero;73266 said:

I think overly muscular characters look ridiculous and stupid. Maybe it's typical American(?) but I don't think it makes it better.
So you're saying, I look ridiculous and stupid?!:verymad:

LOL kidding!:lol::lol::lol:

Well what can I say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some like chocolate some like vanilla. I for one don't think muscular men look stupid or ridiculous. When I see these men, I have nothing but respect towards them cos body building is NOT EASY! There are many things to look out for. It requires great discipline to achieve their level. Muscular men doesn't just symbolizes masculinity, they also symbolizes health.

Muscular men and action game blends well, it's a perfect match! For example, Kratos of God of War, Marcus Fenix of Gears of War, heck I bet even Halo's Master Chief is a very muscular man underneath his armour.

Romero;73266 said:

Look at those images, that's what I mean.
Some of the muscular heroes are not masculine because they are beyond human. I regard masculinity as a human trait.
Err, super heroes are fictional characters you know...:confused:

But then apart from their super powers they live a normal life. They have families, friends, jobs, issues, just like normal human beings.

Mr Sunshine

Revenantjack_2.0;73399 said:

Well what can I say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some like chocolate some like vanilla. I for one don't think muscular men look stupid or ridiculous. When I see these men, I have nothing but respect towards them cos body building is NOT EASY! There are many things to look out for. It requires great discipline to achieve their level. Muscular men doesn't just symbolizes masculinity, they also symbolizes health.

Actually there is a difference between a mascular man and a body builder. Yes, masculinity does symbolize health but the same doesn't imply for body building. Just take a look at Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Hoady

Revenantjack_2.0;73399 said:
Muscular men and action game blends well, it's a perfect match! For example, Kratos of God of War, Marcus Fenix of Gears of War, heck I bet even Halo's Master Chief is a very muscular man underneath his armour.
Well everyone in the Gears of War universe clearly eats about 4 cows a day and 12 cartons of milk, the locust have ****ing huge arms as well but it suits the gears universe perfectly i think. I bet Master Chief is a sucker underneath though suit does all the work for him!

MurderAnthem

Because we can
I personally don't care cause to be honest I've never been Chris in any RE game except 5. In RE1, I'm Jill and in CVX, I never made it that far. No one complains about Sheva being too thin so whatever. Just my opinion.

JACKXS

did his time as a plagas host leave side afects they never looked in to the afects over time after the egg is re moved
the egg might enhance the host for it owen gouls and didn;t git ti finish the job

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
We Are Ninja;78239 said:
^ Sheva's not too thin... She's actually on the thicker side for a videogame character.
I agree on this. Many (all?) other RE heroines are thinner. Sheva looks very good, she's physically credible as a fighter and she's hot. Ada, Jill, Claire and other characters looks pretty but they are not credible as heroines wielding heavy guns. Their waist is to thin they might break any moment!

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
^Really? I've always seen Claire and Jill as...I hate this term but I'll use it anyway, 'thicker' than your average video game babe? Ada...not so much.

I really don't have a problem with Chris' size in RE5 because, like so many others, I grew up with bulky heroes and even though I usually don't go for that sort of thing...roided out Chris is pretty hot. :oops: I actually didn't even think too much on the difference in his size until I came here and saw that people didn't like it.

Top Bottom