• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 More RE6 Info

Jay

K.I.N.G.
This should answer any doubts people have been having with certain character scenarios.

For those who want to see more of Jake's scenario.

bruno

Chief Researcher
There won't be a Weapons upgrade system. You can get the weapons throughout the game, but not upgrade them like in RE4 or RE5. However, there will be an ability system, so you can buy new moves with points. I actually think this is much more realistic.
In the 4-player fight with Ustanak, there'll be a part in which Jake and Helena fight the monster while Leon and Sherry will try to find a way to get back to them. In this time, they will have consersations which bring back memories of RE2.
It will be possible to remove the HUD so you can have a more intense experience, like the older games. I think it must be really scary to not know your health/ammo/stamina status.. And I hope it will also be possible to remove just the annoying objective pointer...

It was also confirmed that the game will have more puzzles...
I thin this games is trying to go back to RE origins, keeping the new action-oriented gameplay.

Jgraeme1979

It all sounds good and the fact it is going back to it's roots while updating the gameplay to be more action orientated isn't a bad thing at all, I can see this being much better than some naysayers are predicting.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
There won't be a Weapons upgrade system. You can get the weapons throughout the game, but not upgrade them like in RE4 or RE5. However, there will be an ability system, so you can buy new moves with points. I actually think this is much more realistic.
In the 4-player fight with Ustanak, there'll be a part in which Jake and Helena fight the monster while Leon and Sherry will try to find a way to get back to them. In this time, they will have consersations which bring back memories of RE2.
It will be possible to remove the HUD so you can have a more intense experience, like the older games. I think it must be really scary to not know your health/ammo/stamina status.. And I hope it will also be possible to remove just the annoying objective pointer...

It was also confirmed that the game will have more puzzles...
I thin this games is trying to go back to RE origins, keeping the new action-oriented gameplay.

I have mixed feelings about the upgrading system in previous titles. It was satisfying to modify your gun knowing that its getting better. Though at the same time could be a bit tedious. If its true you can remove the HUD then I'll be really glad. I didn't like the way any of them looked.

Jwells

each campaign is about 6/7 hours long...

18/21 hours of gameplay... whutttt :D

just saw the interview with the devs

I think that this game will be alot better than what people thinking!

bruno

Chief Researcher
each campaign is about 6/7 hours long...

18/21 hours of gameplay... whutttt :D

just saw the interview with the devs

I think that this game will be alot better than what people thinking!

They said eaxch campaign will have about 70-80% of the RE5 gameplay time.

bruno

Chief Researcher
http://pt-br.twitch.tv/capcomunity/b/320667032

see@ 16:45

7 to 8 hours for one campaign

sounds great to me

Really liked the interview

7-8 hours in a straight run. If you take your time exploring it takes much longer.

Thanks for the interview...
I love the fact that Ustanak will be different in every fight, adds some variability (he changes the devices loched to his asm, somethimes he has claws, other times he has weapons etc).

Xi.

G-Infected Canadian Bacon
7-8 hours in a straight run. If you take your time exploring it takes much longer.

Thanks for the interview...
I love the fact that Ustanak will be different in every fight, adds some variability (he changes the devices loched to his asm, somethimes he has claws, other times he has weapons etc).
The one thing i'm gonna like about fighting Ustanak, it will feel like you're fighting Nemesis, but a, you could say upgraded version of him, i'm definitely gonna enjoy it!

Xi.

So far, it's looking like they're doing a lot of the things I hoped they would do in RE5. Please don't screw this up, Capcom!
Have faith, is all one really can do, i have always had faith in Capcom, but with RE5, it diminished drastically, but after seeing what they have to offer, RE6, my faith has never been stronger.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Have faith, is all one really can do, i have always had faith in Capcom, but with RE5, it diminished drastically, but after seeing what they have to offer, RE6, my faith has never been stronger.
I agree and disagree here...I mean...I always have and always WILL have faith in Capcom...They are by far, the greatest 3rd party developer out there...And RE5 WOULD have been a work of sheer genius...If not for Sheva...However, RE6 is looking to be EVERYTHING we need to help start bringing the series to a close...

Xi.

I agree and disagree here...I mean...I always have and always WILL have faith in Capcom...They are by far, the greatest 3rd party developer out there...And RE5 WOULD have been a work of sheer genius...If not for Sheva...However, RE6 is looking to be EVERYTHING we need to help start bringing the series to a close...
I'm sure after RE6 the series is going to have an overhaul like they said they were going to do after 5, so it might happen.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
It was either that, or close the series and start fresh, i remember reading it somewhere.
Hmm....I really do think by seven or eight RE should come to a close....At least for the main series...Afterwords I wouldn't mind a reboot...And side games from the original series...But seven or eight should REALLY end it, that way they don't end up putting it in space or some sh*t...

sbr999

Hmm....I really do think by seven or eight RE should come to a close....At least for the main series...Afterwords I wouldn't mind a reboot...And side games from the original series...But seven or eight should REALLY end it, that way they don't end up putting it in space or some sh*t...

Let's face it. RE6 will be like any other generic action game: big explosions, quick time events, swarms of enemies, and almost unlimited ammo.
Trying to be a little bit of Gears of Wars, little bit of Uncharted, topped with a little bit of driving sequence for NFS fans.
Sure, it DOES look wicked awesome, I don't say it doesn't. But RE is trying to resemble too much on other games, than being itself.

After this game , the only way they are going to top it in RE7 (which rumoured to be out in 2015), is more action.
If I was new to the series and someone showed me a REmake gameplay, and then RE6 gameplay, then said they are from the exact same series, then no way in hell I'd believe him.

At the end, I will buy the game, and hope that Capcom makes a lot of money from RE6, so they can continue working on with quality staff.
But it would be really nice if they listened to old fans more, instead of trying to bring over some FPS fanboys, and making promises they are not going to keep anyways.

Just my 2 cents.

Jakeykins18

Useless
Wesker has pretty much been in every main series RE except for 2,3, and Revelations so I really hope he is DEAD DEAD. Resident Evil 5 was obviously not one of the BEST REs but IMO it's a REALLY good game with a great story line and includes some of the best DLCs ever ^o^
But I believe RE6 will be better but the Antology (i think that's what its called) or special edition for Xbox is pure ****. I have all those games already on Xbox + Degeneration is on Crackle/Netflix/Youtube -______-

Top Bottom