• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Mercenaries tips thread

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Well we got 1.1 million together, and that was without the hidden boss so maybe that's it?
Well i think you only get 10 000 for killing a boss because ive killed the one on mining the depths loads of times. I think they had to get the boss out and then not kill him until right at the end. Also I've never got the urban chaos secret boss out and im always doing bloody counters! :(

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
Well i think you only get 10 000 for killing a boss because ive killed the one on mining the depths loads of times. I think they had to get the boss out and then not kill him until right at the end. Also I've never got the urban chaos secret boss out and im always doing bloody counters! :(

Oh really? It's comfirmed 15 counter attacks in a row to get it out, it's one of the big beast looking things that come out of the caccoons.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Oh really? It's comfirmed 15 counter attacks in a row to get it out, it's one of the big beast looking things that come out of the caccoons.
I saw it on youtube its the same red hedgehog type thing that you get loads of on Steel Beast? I will keep trying, 15 counters is a lot, as they have to be Fatal counter, Not counter and then another melee, one counter to kill them..
After the first easy zombies, you have to first weaken a zombie, then wait for counter opportunity. Its hard and even more when they dont have a weapon!

TheVacantThrone

I saw it on youtube its the same red hedgehog type thing that you get loads of on Steel Beast? I will keep trying, 15 counters is a lot, as they have to be Fatal counter, Not counter and then another melee, one counter to kill them..
After the first easy zombies, you have to first weaken a zombie, then wait for counter opportunity. Its hard and even more when they dont have a weapon!

Yeah those big dudes. Maybe if you kill the bosses on the combo time? Surely if they're worth more than 1,000 each anyway, combo time should make them worth loads more?

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Yeah those big dudes. Maybe if you kill the bosses on the combo time? Surely if they're worth more than 1,000 each anyway, combo time should make them worth loads more?
Worth a try but i think its the same. on RE5 Mercenaries Reunion , i know for sure you got more bonus for the later you killed the Axeman boss, if you killed him at 50 combo you got 10 000 but if you killed him on 150 combo it was 60 000 +. Just for the one boss. I heard Re6 uses this same system

TheVacantThrone

Worth a try but i think its the same. on RE5 Mercenaries Reunion , i know for sure you got more bonus for the later you killed the Axeman boss, if you killed him at 50 combo you got 10 000 but if you killed him on 150 combo it was 60 000 +. Just for the one boss. I heard Re6 uses this same system

Yeah fair point. The problem with those fat blokes is that they will be hard to keep around until we get to the end. But if we managed to keep all 3 fatblokes alive and some blooshots, hit a combo timer at say 140 combo, then killed them that would be ideal?

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Yeah fair point. The problem with those fat blokes is that they will be hard to keep around until we get to the end. But if we managed to keep all 3 fatblokes alive and some blooshots, hit a combo timer at say 140 combo, then killed them that would be ideal?
Yeah that would be the ideal situation, although everytime i tried a few times and the fat guys go mental and start charging, then they seem to die out anyway , kind of accidently through spray bullets or explosions. Something to aim for , though for sure!

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Right so we have to save the hidden boss. That is going to be hard on Mining The Depths with that fish shotgun thing. The ultimate mercenary challenge!

BranBran

My friend and I do Urban Chaos. He starts out going around collecting the time and getting some items he needs while I start killing zombies. I will shoot them in the head once and then follow up with a melee that will kill them instantly gaining us 5 seconds each. by the time he if finished, we have over nine minutes. Then he takes my place and melees enemies while i go around and collect items I need. While doing this I will kill a few zombies with melee if I run into any. After that, we just run around and melee our way through. We wait till the part where it seems like all enemy types are out before we do the combo bonuses. We also let the Bloodshots do their jump attack on us and counter them for 10 extra second each. It also kills them instantly. If you have trouble with them, get them in a group and throw a fire grenade for instant death. Also, counter the zombies that have weapons in their hands, it gives you ten extra seconds and if you get 15 of them it will bring out the extra boss character for more points. :)

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
One thing everyone seems to do wrong here is regarding the combo bonuses.
Its best to get it as early as possible since the 1000 points per kill replace the standard combo bonus u get at a set kill in a combo.
This standard bonus increases as the combo gets bigger. The bonus from the combo bonus time doesnt add to this bonus so obviously its best to use it as early as possible so it replaces the smallest bonuses.

BranBran

How early? Because if you do it right off the bat, there are not a lot of zombies to kill. Thats why my friend and I always wait till the endless enemies come out. What would you suggest? :)

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
How early? Because if you do it right off the bat, there are not a lot of zombies to kill. Thats why my friend and I always wait till the endless enemies come out. What would you suggest? :)
Get it right before u make the second kill, and as soon as the combo bonus is about to run out shoot the next one.
You dont need many enemies since u dont need to kill as many enemies as possible during the time just keep on meleeing them as u would if there wasnt a combo bonus on. This way ull get the biggest score.

eX29-

If someone is DOWN, always Shoot someone Quickly before reviving them, can't stress this enough, COMBO is priority, then get them up. If my team mate is down, I usually get magnum out, pop a couple kills then Revive, Use the spray you collected (there are 2 sprays on Mining Depths/ steel beast and 1 on urban Chaos) to revive people instantly and not loose combo, Spray is WAY better than giving them a pill, which you will usually drop your combo, you will definetly drop combo if you Don't shoot someone quickly before reviving and Don't use the spray like i said..

Wait! So if someone is down in the dying state and you run close to them and simply use a spray and not the reload button or the button to revive them with a pill it will save them and put them back at full health and out of dying state?

I'm just trying to understand this correctly. If this is indeed true, thanks alot. I did not know this and it is without a doubt valubale information.

How about if you have the skill medic (when you use a pill [not sure if spray count towards this] anywhere it also gives your partner some health back aswell), does that work if your partner is in dying state and (provided sprays count towards this) you use a spray anywhere, will it revive your partner back at full health?

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Sorry for the late response, thats what i meant, first aid spray is instant revive, you just press down to equip it, run near them and press B, it wont let you press B unless your next to them (its Right trigger to just spray yourself)
and yes its much quicker than the pill method and can save a combo this way.
I dont think the Medic perk allows you to revive from a distance, only heal but i could be wrong

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
Countering the Bloodshots when they lunge is my preferred way of dispatching them. Not only is it an instant kill, but it also buys you a whopping ten seconds! And since they f*cking LOVE jumping at you, it's really easy to catch them!

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
One thing everyone seems to do wrong here is regarding the combo bonuses.
Its best to get it as early as possible since the 1000 points per kill replace the standard combo bonus u get at a set kill in a combo.
This standard bonus increases as the combo gets bigger. The bonus from the combo bonus time doesnt add to this bonus so obviously its best to use it as early as possible so it replaces the smallest bonuses.
Are you sure because say I have a 30 combo and hit the time, I have 0 points still because I've not landed the combo, but i see the score say 1000 x 8 for example, after combo time runs out 8000 clocks up on my points, but the combos still going.? So it gave me additional points, I thought. I'm going to have to test that.

TheVacantThrone

Are you sure because say I have a 30 combo and hit the time, I have 0 points still because I've not landed the combo, but i see the score say 1000 x 8 for example, after combo time runs out 8000 clocks up on my points, but the combos still going.? So it gave me additional points, I thought. I'm going to have to test that.
Yeah things are getting a bit confusing haha, we'll figure it all out for sure.

Top Bottom