• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Mercenaries tips thread

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
I thought it would be a good idea to get some tips all in one thread for people finding things difficult. I'll start :)

I find it helps to collect all the time without touching any zombies at first, once you've collected them all you'll have roughly 9 minutes to get a 150 combo. Another thing is if you shoot the zombies you see, then grab the time, your combo will dissapear, so save the zombies til AFTER the time has been collected.

With the Bloodshots, a flash grenade will bring them to their knees with an exposed chest, perfect to melee them and get a 1 hit kill. You can also bring down a whole crowd of them with 1 flash grenade, giving you valuable time to switch weapons/run away if you get over run.

Anyone else have any good tips?

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
for the Screamers on the Mining the Depths a successful head-shot with a sniper rifle will instantly kill "it" (the Screamer) :p

the B.O.Ws on the Steel Beast map, the ones that only have legs and their top is a big bulge. shoot their knee with a sniper rifle to instantly stop them and do their self destruct thing..... it is best that you do it when your partner is not near the vicinity when your doing Duo.

adam menard

If you see someone using bonus time let them grab the tine you start the combo it has been passing me of when i have bonus time set and they start grabbing time

TheVacantThrone

for the Screamers on the Mining the Depths a successful head-shot with a sniper rifle will instantly kill "it" (the Screamer) :p

the B.O.Ws on the Steel Beast map, the ones that only have legs and their top is a big bulge. shoot their knee with a sniper rifle to instantly stop them and do their self destruct thing..... it is best that you do it when your partner is not near the vicinity when your doing Duo.

Ooh that sniper tip is good to know! I always panic and run away when i see them.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Ooh that sniper tip is good to know! I always panic and run away when i see them.
Not just with the sniper u can shoot the their knees with any weapon and they will stop and explode after a bit. Way less bullets wasted than if u shoot the big blob itself.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Hi I have loads of tips good idea for the thread.

Bloodshots also go to their knees with 2 knife/stun rod slashes with Chris/Sherry
If you see a blooshot on its knees melee it, dont shoot it , don't steal someones 'down' because when you are finishing or doing certain moves, your character is INVINCIBLE, i may be planning to hit him as 5 other zombies hit me, if someone shoots my down i will be massively damaged when i didnt expect to be. I've lost combos by people shooting someone im about to finish.
always look for the next kill if someones about to get a kill, its pointless both hitting the finishing move on someone, unless your doing a 1-2-1-2 kind of attack with each other.

Armoured zombies die from 2 shots to head but its MUCH easier to pump bullets into their legs/waist area, 3 to 4 bullets kills them this way.

Always Melee basic zombies / try to melee/counter dogs for easy time

Learn the spawn points of special enemies and the time in the combo they spawn...heres a few for you
Eg Urban Chaos, Redherb corner, spawns police man with machine guns at 10-20 combo, Spawns Police men with magnums at 100-130 combo
Dogs spawn everywhere between 20-35 folowed by the Firemen zombies
Urban Chaos, Top floor overpass, Spawns Armoured zombies at 48 combo (can blow up barrel or plant bomb)
Urban Chaos Fattie boss spawns at 50, then 2 x Fatties at 105 ish
Bloodshots spawn from 70ish up to 150

ALso the time thing, you wont loose your combo collecting time, but on the current maps it is better to colect them all first, for example on urban chaos ive experimented both ways and if you collect time whilst killing you will loose more time overall from rushing kills and not getting +5s, if i take my time i can carefully melee everyone up to past the dogs and still have 8minutes at 60-70 combo. You have 15 seconds between killing people to keep the combo going, so its possible to collect and kill at same time though i recommend collecting everything first like u said. The only one otherwise is steel beast i recommend the guy who spawns at bottom to start the combo when you get to the room with 3 baddies in (one has a light machine gun) working your way up the guy at bottom meets guy at the top, where you start combo,.

Developing on that Steel beast is the hardest map, here is some tips
Combo from 0-20 on the 2nd floor, the middle one, then at about 25 parazombies drop in top floor, then at about 50 ish you get armoured bosses trotting up from bottom, follow them back down, you will be solid down base floor there till about 120, when you get crocodile heads start heading back up, 130-150 parazombies back to top floor.

goodie locations: urban chaos there is two C4 bombs, a first aid spray in the arcade, and 3 herbs around the map (and a further 3 when u kill fatty)
Anyway it is essential to collect all of these items (and grenades if you want or have room) in order to keep your health up

If someone is DOWN, always Shoot someone Quickly before reviving them, can't stress this enough, COMBO is priority, then get them up. If my team mate is down, I usually get magnum out, pop a couple kills then Revive, Use the spray you collected (there are 2 sprays on Mining Depths/ steel beast and 1 on urban Chaos) to revive people instantly and not loose combo, Spray is WAY better than giving them a pill, which you will usually drop your combo, you will definetly drop combo if you Don't shoot someone quickly before reviving and Don't use the spray like i said..

Another major major thing is to if someone is getting caught, like by a zombie/dog etc , always keep the combo going, dont just stop everything your doing and run across the map to your partner, chances are, they'll be free by the time your there and you'll loose combo, priority Combo, Leave them or shoot a couple bullets at them to free them then get BACK to the combo.unless the boss is eating them., dont save them., dont get distracted all the time and always keep half an eye watching the Combo flashing in the top corner.

If you have mics you can tell the person if you'v lined up a +5 while on the floor, Say if your down, win the stick wriggle and are about to kick Kill someone, often people saved me when im JUST about to get a +5 and that cancels it out and looses the combo!

Final tip is Prioritise. For example, if all these enemies are in front of me, i kill them in order of danger, so Dogs before zombies, bloodshots before armoured zombies, dynamite zombies before any of those

Also when the boss comes concentrate on multi tasking, so weakening the boss, while always Looking for a next zombie to clock the combo up whilst at same time shooting the boss.

And to get the really mad scores you have to sort of save the bosses for later in the combo (ive not succesfully done this on Re6 yet) so for the biggest bonus the two fat guys/special boss would be killed at 148/149 combo.
You also get points for every second left on clock so obivously Melee kills and counters are the best way to keep time

Sorry for the rush style at work right now on my break but love to hear other peoples tactics and find out best way to get high scores.

TheVacantThrone

Hi I have loads of tips good idea for the thread.

Bloodshots also go to their knees with 2 knife/stun rod slashes with Chris/Sherry
If you see a blooshot on its knees melee it, dont shoot it , don't steal someones 'down' because when you are finishing or doing certain moves, your character is INVINCIBLE, i may be planning to hit him as 5 other zombies hit me, if someone shoots my down i will be massively damaged when i didnt expect to be. I've lost combos by people shooting someone im about to finish.
always look for the next kill if someones about to get a kill, its pointless both hitting the finishing move on someone, unless your doing a 1-2-1-2 kind of attack with each other.

Armoured zombies die from 2 shots to head but its MUCH easier to pump bullets into their legs/waist area, 3 to 4 bullets kills them this way.

Always Melee basic zombies / try to melee/counter dogs for easy time

Learn the spawn points of special enemies and the time in the combo they spawn...heres a few for you
Eg Urban Chaos, Redherb corner, spawns police man with machine guns at 10-20 combo, Spawns Police men with magnums at 100-130 combo
Dogs spawn everywhere between 20-35 folowed by the Firemen zombies
Urban Chaos, Top floor overpass, Spawns Armoured zombies at 48 combo (can blow up barrel or plant bomb)
Urban Chaos Fattie boss spawns at 50, then 2 x Fatties at 105 ish
Bloodshots spawn from 70ish up to 150

ALso the time thing, you wont loose your combo collecting time, but on the current maps it is better to colect them all first, for example on urban chaos ive experimented both ways and if you collect time whilst killing you will loose more time overall from rushing kills and not getting +5s, if i take my time i can carefully melee everyone up to past the dogs and still have 8minutes at 60-70 combo. You have 15 seconds between killing people to keep the combo going, so its possible to collect and kill at same time though i recommend collecting everything first like u said. The only one otherwise is steel beast i recommend the guy who spawns at bottom to start the combo when you get to the room with 3 baddies in (one has a light machine gun) working your way up the guy at bottom meets guy at the top, where you start combo,.

Developing on that Steel beast is the hardest map, here is some tips
Combo from 0-20 on the 2nd floor, the middle one, then at about 25 parazombies drop in top floor, then at about 50 ish you get armoured bosses trotting up from bottom, follow them back down, you will be solid down base floor there till about 120, when you get crocodile heads start heading back up, 130-150 parazombies back to top floor.

goodie locations: urban chaos there is two C4 bombs, a first aid spray in the arcade, and 3 herbs around the map (and a further 3 when u kill fatty)
Anyway it is essential to collect all of these items (and grenades if you want or have room) in order to keep your health up

If someone is DOWN, always Shoot someone Quickly before reviving them, can't stress this enough, COMBO is priority, then get them up. If my team mate is down, I usually get magnum out, pop a couple kills then Revive, Use the spray you collected (there are 2 sprays on Mining Depths/ steel beast and 1 on urban Chaos) to revive people instantly and not loose combo, Spray is WAY better than giving them a pill, which you will usually drop your combo, you will definetly drop combo if you Don't shoot someone quickly before reviving and Don't use the spray like i said..

Another major major thing is to if someone is getting caught, like by a zombie/dog etc , always keep the combo going, dont just stop everything your doing and run across the map to your partner, chances are, they'll be free by the time your there and you'll loose combo, priority Combo, Leave them or shoot a couple bullets at them to free them then get BACK to the combo.unless the boss is eating them., dont save them., dont get distracted all the time and always keep half an eye watching the Combo flashing in the top corner.

If you have mics you can tell the person if you'v lined up a +5 while on the floor, Say if your down, win the stick wriggle and are about to kick Kill someone, often people saved me when im JUST about to get a +5 and that cancels it out and looses the combo!

Final tip is Prioritise. For example, if all these enemies are in front of me, i kill them in order of danger, so Dogs before zombies, bloodshots before armoured zombies, dynamite zombies before any of those

Also when the boss comes concentrate on multi tasking, so weakening the boss, while always Looking for a next zombie to clock the combo up whilst at same time shooting the boss.

And to get the really mad scores you have to sort of save the bosses for later in the combo (ive not succesfully done this on Re6 yet) so for the biggest bonus the two fat guys/special boss would be killed at 148/149 combo.
You also get points for every second left on clock so obivously Melee kills and counters are the best way to keep time

Sorry for the rush style at work right now on my break but love to hear other peoples tactics and find out best way to get high scores.

Good post, learnt alot myself.

I agree with prioritise your enemies, if there's 2 bloodshots, 3 dogs and some zombies chasing me, the bloodshots get it first, then the dogs, then mop the remaining zombies.

With the dogs i find the best tactic is to get out your least powerful weapon, and just quickshot, even with the basic pistol it will kill them right away. Using only 1 bullet saves ammo, and is a quick way to keep the combo going too.

I get conflicted about helping my partner, if there's a zombie biting them/dog on top of them and they're in a struggle i get stuck between shooting the zombie to keep the combo going, but lose the +5, or let them kill the zombie and get the +5 but possibly risking losing the combo. Also, if you decide NOT to help and they die, that's game over and you're getting NO score at all.

Always keep your eye on the combo for sure. I also agree with the knowing which enemies spawn where and when, the police from the top corner near the combo timer, normal zombies slide under the bus at the top, and from shutters at the sides, and i noticed the armoured guys come frome the top. I always aim for the legs on them, saves aiming for the head when they're moving and missing. Drop them to the floor with some knee shots, then get a headstomp for a +5 too.

TheVacantThrone

Another good tip is knowing when to hit the Combo timers.

You don't want to shoot them at a 10 combo, because the enemies are fewer and far between. I usually try to hit one around 40 when the firemen zombies come out, as they run straight at you and there's loads of them. Then around 85 too when the Bloodshots are all grouping up to attack, and you can easily kill about 15 enemies for some big points.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
Another good tip is knowing when to hit the Combo timers.

You don't want to shoot them at a 10 combo, because the enemies are fewer and far between. I usually try to hit one around 40 when the firemen zombies come out, as they run straight at you and there's loads of them. Then around 85 too when the Bloodshots are all grouping up to attack, and you can easily kill about 15 enemies for some big points.

i never go for the time combo crystals , i usually let my partner do it (be it they go for it or not).

TheVacantThrone

i never go for the time combo crystals , i usually let my partner do it (be it they go for it or not).

Really? They boost it from around 300 points per kill to 1,000. If you get a big group chasing you, hit the combo timer and throw a few grenades etc you can get up 20,000 points easily.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Really? They boost it from around 300 points per kill to 1,000. If you get a big group chasing you, hit the combo timer and throw a few grenades etc you can get up 20,000 points easily.
I thought it was 1000 a kill when combo times actives because it says 1000 x and then a number.
Also with the player been caught, i agree its a difficult decision sometimes, if its a dog i would shoot them off for a one shot kill, but if its an armoured zombie for example i would kill another basic zombie quickly first (to keep my combo up) before saving them. I think the main thing is don't just save them and forget the combo, trying to do both!

TheVacantThrone

I thought it was 1000 a kill when combo times actives because it says 1000 x and then a number.
Also with the player been caught, i agree its a difficult decision sometimes, if its a dog i would shoot them off for a one shot kill, but if its an armoured zombie for example i would kill another basic zombie quickly first (to keep my combo up) before saving them. I think the main thing is don't just save them and forget the combo, trying to do both!

I see your confusion here aha, i always took it as 1000x however many kills you get, so get 15 kills before the timer runs out, and get 15,000 for it. But it might be what you're on about, 1,000 for the first kill, 2,000 for the second kill meaning 2 kills = 3,000.

I'm not so sure now xD

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I see your confusion here aha, i always took it as 1000x however many kills you get, so get 15 kills before the timer runs out, and get 15,000 for it. But it might be what you're on about, 1,000 for the first kill, 2,000 for the second kill meaning 2 kills = 3,000.

I'm not so sure now xD
Oh no your right the first time,8 is 8000, 15 kills is 15000 and so on. Definetly can confirm that, because i always check the score before and after getting it.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
It would be cool if we could work out some exact score per combo, for example 150 kills is approximately 1 million,
100 Kills is 500 000, i am not sure though, on the figures.
I would like to hear from someone who has the score over 1.2 million, as they have probaly used an advanced tactic (saved the boss till last or something)

TheVacantThrone

It would be cool if we could work out some exact score per combo, for example 150 kills is approximately 1 million,
100 Kills is 500 000, i am not sure though, on the figures.
I would like to hear from someone who has the score over 1.2 million, as they have probaly used an advanced tactic (saved the boss till last or something)

Well we got 1.1 million together, and that was without the hidden boss so maybe that's it?

Top Bottom