• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Lost in Nightmares and Costume Pack 1 released today. Your thoughts on it.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
leon83;65392 said:
LIN looks great for 400 ms point and im getting this tommorow btw when does the next installment come out ???

The next one comes out in 3/3/10 for 360 and 3/4/10 for PS3.

Jason-Voorhees

沉睡的巨龍
DegenerateElite;65395 said:
Anyone know how to stop the ceiling trying to turn Jill into a sandwhich?

run back to the room where you find the Grenades, Magnum, and burned paper, it's the locked door on the left, jill has to shoot off the lock and then you need to run the lever and save jill. also don't forget the star on the wall in the trap room and that same room (i call it the storage room)

as for the DLC, I LOVE it, LIN is suspenseful , scary and is quite hard on PRo (i tryed and only got it to the double encounter ,,then jill died, i also love the new death animation as well, goriest one in the game (besides the Duvalia)

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
Thanks JV. I figured it out when I saw the lever next to Jill, though, sorry.

I died three times. The first time was cheap. I was at the first dead end (After killing the first monster) and I was trying to figure out where to go when the halberd crashed trhough the wall and fell on Jill. WTF? I thought I killed the bastard. Of course there had to be two... pain-in-the-ass. Did NOT see that coming.
Second time was because I didn't know the grabbing range the creatures had. I was luring one of them into the red trap and I tried running around him, he grabbed me, I needed Jill, she was holding the crank, so I figured if I was goin' down I was takin' him with me. Told Jill to drop the ceiling.
Third time, Wesker killed me. I was trying the button input, it didn't work out very well. Wesker hits HARD.

I definitely got my money's worth (which is rare) LiN AND Barry. Can't beat that. Capcom's screw up with Chris (Warrior) and Sheva (Fairy Tale) totally made my day. Those were the ones I wanted. The best part? No spawn points! I wasn't wandering aimlessly in Missile Area!

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I... Can't... WAIT!
faint.gif

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
Ive played through it now and im quite impressed. Yes it doesnt have much action but the simple fact it feels so much like a classic resi evil makes up for that. By the way did anyone find the reference to re1? The diary note which is an exact extract from one found in the original. The one where a man describes how he feels worse and worse and scratches his arm and a chunk of flesh falls off. People who have played through re1 multiple times will remember that.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I thought the Lost in Nightmares was just... EPIC! I think it's the single greatest chapter currently playable in RE5. I originally thought that there wasn't nearly enough action but then I ramped up the difficulty and almost crapped myself when...

[spoilers]the monsters started turning up after the Moonlight Sonata part[/spoilers]

I'll be playing it through on Pro this evening and hopefully unlocking that 40G achievement. I really, really can't wait to get my hands on Desperate Escape. Bravo, Capcom!

serious sam

sorry but i have a ps3 and got the update of re5 which i downloaded now i have a extra content on the main re5 menu but all the new modes are lock please how do you unlock them like the new mercenariers and other plus i purchased the verus mode please help thanks

Jess

bruno;65355 said:
Yes, LFF. The Gold Edition will contain The normal game, LIN, DE, Costume Packs 1 and 2 (i'm not completely sure about the costume packs), Mercs Reunion (all characters), versus, Extra figures, etc. It will contain all or almost all of the DLC's. I think the Gold Edition will be priced 49.99 Dollars and, by the time it is released, the normal version will be 29.99 (not sure, maybe it's 39.99) Dollars.

EDIT 2: Look at these videos, appearently it's possible to play LIN with the old camera angles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjf7kRgjXaw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky0GkFRUlik&feature=channel

Levan;65507 said:
Holy... *wipes single tear from eye* This was probably one of the best things Capcom had done for RE5 YET!!!!

Damn it! I feel like I want to buy myself an Xbox 360 now and play the hell out of RE5, especially this! :(

me too,,(wipe tears``) I changed my mind I will run to the shop when Gold Edition is out``

Rusty

Kickass Stranger
serious sam;65541 said:
sorry but i have a ps3 and got the update of re5 which i downloaded now i have a extra content on the main re5 menu but all the new modes are lock please how do you unlock them like the new mercenariers and other plus i purchased the verus mode please help thanks

I don't know how PSN works, really, but assuming it has a similar marketplace to XBL... did you buy LiN? Did you buy the character pack? You have to buy at least one to play Mercs Reunion. The Extra Figures won't let you play it by itself.
I'm sorry if I'm preaching to the choir, but I really don't know how to help you otherwise.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
It sounds to me as if you just downloaded the figured or even versus now comes with the update that allows you to see the new content but you still need to download the new content!

JordanFreeman

Well holy crap, LIN is quite possibly the best Resident Evil game ever! I've already played through it a whole bunch of times (7 times I think) and I'm still not bored with it. 400MS Points well spent!

I keep wanting to replay it because of it's unbeleivable replay value. Each difficulty level changes what actually happens in the game rather than just changing the power of the enemies. Not only that but there are the Star Points to collect as well. I'm pretty sure there are multiple item spawn points too, as sometimes I get a Shotgun, sometimes I get a rifle, and they are often in a different place to where they were last time.

The game constantly changes too. At first it's about puzzles, then about fighting, then about surviving. Capcom have outdone themselves with this!

Oh yeah, the addition of the old fixed cameras is really cool too. The extra charactors are fun to play as (espcially Barry), but we didn't really need MORE costumes for Chris and Sheve. It would have been nice to see Billy Coen or Leon. But still, amazing stuff.

This expansion gets a 10/10 from me. I couln't be happier with it.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Here is something that I wanted to share about LIN.

If you inverstigate the door behind you when you start it the chracters will rember the first game. Examine it 2 or 3 more times to have the classic Resident Evil view.

leon83

LIN is simply awesome and im very happy with what ive seen so far.Is there a option to save it cos there is no option that allows me to continue???

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
I got the costume pack haha, sheva looks nice in the red cloak and urrh chris . . lol still need to download it though.

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
*thinks about the 800 points I was gonna get, to change my gamertag* I guess I need more than 800 points now...:lol:

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Here is a little problem that I found about the classic Resident Evil veiw that I found.

When you get into the prison cells the camera will switch back to new view of the game. Why? I don't know, but it deifinetly fun to play in the classic veiw for the Mansion part.

Top Bottom