• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Last Game You Finished & Rate it!

STEM_inhabitant

Watch Dogs 2 (PS4)
I was one of (few..?) who loved the first Watch Dogs, and the second one does not disapoint. It is better in many ways but I did like the more serious tone in the original. Regardless great game that everyone should check out. It's too bad not more people seem to talk about it.

8/10

This is the last game that I finished as well. I liked the first one and I've been waiting for the second one ever since they announced it.
My only gripe is that the jumper should have had more limitations...? It felt like you could utilize it throughout the game to complete most challenges easily. Other than that, I loved everything. I thought the combat was great because it put a strong emphasis on stealth, and it was realistic how you couldn't always go in guns blazing.
I think more games need to have a strong balance between stealth and combat like that; games that feature protagonists who aren't well-versed with weapons. Marcus is not an expert shooter by any means, and that translated well into the gameplay.

8.5/10

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
Mass Effect: Trilogy. For the 526th time :razz:

It's that one game series/trilogy I never get bored with, no matter how often I play it :p Besides I need a mental preparation for the upcoming
Mass Effect: Andromeda :wink:

Resident Evil 7
Played the entire thing in VR on PS4 pro. It was an great experience that lasted about 8 hours for me. It was on the shorter side but I always pick quality over quantity. I do however feel like they could have added a few more areas and also worked on the story a tad bit more. This game didn't really do much if anything (so far) for the main line Resident Evil games. It felt more like a spin off game when it came to the story. Gameplay and overall design was perfection though.

To me this is a solid 8/10

Gravity Rush 2
I loved the first one so I was highly hyped to play this game. It's alot like Gravity Rush 1.. maybe a little too similar. It still has the same issues we had with the first game with some bad camera.. the controlls are abit funky but you get used to them quickly so I can't say that is an issue. Some missions was pretty repetitive and too long.. (the stone tablets missions could go on for way too long imo) I would want to give it a higher score but I think a seven or a eight serves this game right. Not a game to miss but not as great of an experience the first game was.

7/10 or 8/10.. can't decide x)

Last edited:
Gears of War 4 (Xbox One)
The ending came pretty much from nowhere.. I was very unsatisfied with it and it HIGHLY indicates on story DLC which in this case I hate. I want to feel that I finished a story when I beat a game.. The game was great though overall.. 8/10

Turo602

The King of Kings
Gears of War 4 (Xbox One)
The ending came pretty much from nowhere.. I was very unsatisfied with it and it HIGHLY indicates on story DLC which in this case I hate. I want to feel that I finished a story when I beat a game.. The game was great though overall.. 8/10

I don't see how. It makes perfect sense considering Kait's mom's name and the events that occurred in the game. They're just connecting this new trilogy to the original trilogy and it works pretty well. I also don't get how the ending is indicting DLC when it's pretty much doing what the first one did and setting up for a sequel. Especially when there's no such DLC planned.

Anyway, after 200+ hours, I've finally finished The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Since I played it on Wii U and would like to have another go at it on the Switch, I didn't aim to 100% it, leaving me with something to look forward to on the Switch version. However, I did complete all the main quests, side quests, shrines, got all the costumes, and enough korok seeds to fully upgrade Link's inventory. While there's a lot I would change and improve upon if I could, the overall experience is phenomenal. Simply put, Breath of Wild fully realizes the vision of the original Legend of Zelda.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Resident Evil 7
Played the entire thing in VR on PS4 pro. It was an great experience that lasted about 8 hours for me. It was on the shorter side but I always pick quality over quantity. I do however feel like they could have added a few more areas and also worked on the story a tad bit more. This game didn't really do much if anything (so far) for the main line Resident Evil games. It felt more like a spin off game when it came to the story. Gameplay and overall design was perfection though.

To me this is a solid 8/10

To be fair, it did give a little insight into who the Rival Organization is (the company Mia is working for apparently IS the rival company). I find this whole "it has little-to-no ties to the series lore" complaint a little weak TBH. RE4 had nothing connecting it to the series outside of Leon, Ada and Wesker. It could've literally been its own game sans those 3 and yet it's regarded as one of, if not the best game in the series.

Turo602

The King of Kings
To be fair, it did give a little insight into who the Rival Organization is (the company Mia is working for apparently IS the rival company). I find this whole "it has little-to-no ties to the series lore" complaint a little weak TBH. RE4 had nothing connecting it to the series outside of Leon, Ada and Wesker. It could've literally been its own game sans those 3 and yet it's regarded as one of, if not the best game in the series.

By who? Casuals? I don't see how its lack of connection to the lore justifies 7's lack of lore connection. Learning about a rival company is one small detail in a game otherwise removed from the rest of the series. Besides, I don't think the game ever mentions them by name so that's a pretty weak connection.

Kurisu

Resident Evil 5 on the PS4 since I finished it long ago on the PS3. Now I'm just unlocking infine ammo for weapons and content. I gotta say I got better with the rifle.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Sonic Adventure DX. I got Sonic Adv 1 & 2 on the steam sale, along with Gens.

It's been so long but even with the nonsensical story and old graphic style (Which isn't half bad. SA2's graphics were ass though.)

I'm baffled that games of today's time can't keep me as engaged or as entertained as this game from 2000 can. Although the lack of Gamepad support on Adv 2 is irritating. And the REALLY stupid specifications needed for Sonic Gen **** me off.

But aside from that, the games are as fun as I remember. Although I noticed Sonic Adv DX has additional sections not in any other version.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
The last game I finished (by finished I tend to think of trophy gains rather than just beating the game lol) was Resident Evil 7. And I definitely appreciate the fact that headshots actually mean something now. Of course there were things I didn't like (ie only having one real monster in the game - the molded/fat molded/etc, overuse of jump scare mechanics, probably due to the prevalence of the VR in media now ) but nothing is perfect.

All in all I enjoyed the game and am really looking forward to the Resident Evil 2 reboot :3 It would be pretty cool I think if they used some of the gameplay mechanics that were introduced in Resident Evil 7.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Beat Mass Effect Andromeda yesterday, well the main quest anyway. There's still a bunch of side quests and I haven't really touched mp yet.

Great game overall but I didn't find the story to be as epic as the original trilogy. But they left it open for dlc or a sequel. So we'll see how it progresses.

black 93

The Last Of Us. The announcement of the sequel made me wanna play the game again, finally got around to it and it's just as amazing as i remember.

black 93

Revelations 2. Every time i play this game, i fall in love with it even more. The characters, the constant references to the lore, the gameplay, everything just feels spot on. This to me, is the closest Capcom has come to nailing it since RE5, everything i want in an RE game is in this game. Makes me even sadder to see how RE7 didnt quite live up to what i expected.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (Switch)
The first Zelda game i've ever played through and beaten. I never really was a fan before but this game was something completley else. One if not the most epic adventure I have ever been through in a video game. Amazing design, world characters etc.. Sure it may not be perfect on a technical level but sometimes things like framerate matters less. Lovley.. lovley game..

10/10

Shocker

I replayed the first Uncharted myself recently. Last of us was my last run through. Gonna try Alien Isolation next for the first time.

black 93

Resident Evil 6, Leon's campaign. 5 years on and i still think this game is judged too harshly. There's no way this game was bad enough to warrant a total identity makeover for RE7.

Last edited:
Top Bottom