• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised L4D ripping off crimson heads?

wesker_awesome

After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
I think L4D ripps off crimson heads through hunters, and witches, but mostly hunters

Professor X

Game Developer's will take inspiration from other game's, but the L4D Hunter/Witch aren't all that similar to a Crimson Head.

(P.S. A Witch versus Crimson Head fight would be crazy)

Mr Sunshine

It's not like I've played the remake but from what I've seen in youtube I wouldn't say either that L4D witches or hunters are a rip off of crimson heads.

wesker_awesome

It's not like I've played the remake but from what I've seen in youtube I wouldn't say either that L4D witches or hunters are a rip off of crimson heads.

well, i think that smokers take heavy inspiriation from lickers

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Game Developer's will take inspiration from other game's, but the L4D Hunter/Witch aren't all that similar to a Crimson Head. Sorry.

(P.S. A Witch versus Crimson Head fight would be crazy)

Yeah, it happens. It doesn't always have to be directly or indirectly related either.

I mean surely having an awesome, scary, cool, fast, vicious, relentless zombie can't only exist in one thing.

Haven't played L4D by the way, just REmake.:) But we see stuff like that all the time now anyway, 28 Days Later, that Dawn Of The Dead remake, etc.

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
Spike is right. Taking inspiration from other games or movies happens and it's not really a bad thing. The smoker does kind of remind me of a licker, but it's still it's own.... thing. The same can be said about the hunter being close to a licker, in that it pounces on it's foes and tears them apart. The tank can be seen a tyrant of sorts with them being so big and strong. The witch, in my opinion, doesn't really take from anything except for them having claws. The boomer doesn't remind me of anything that I can think of and the zombies are just zombies. Each enemy holds their own in my book and, arguably, loosely resembles anything from the RE universe.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I think you can compare RE and L4D easily when it comes to monsters really...i mean if you ask me any of the creatures from L4D could be T-Virus victims...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I don't know how you can say that? They are both totally different games...i mean, Outbreak was a HUGE dissapointment sales wise...So why rip off of something that never sold well...ESPECIALLY considering how well L4D sold...
But L4D did rip-off Outbreak there is no denying that.

wesker_awesome

I don't know how you can say that? They are both totally different games...i mean, Outbreak was a HUGE dissapointment sales wise...So why rip off of something that never sold well...ESPECIALLY considering how well L4D sold...
Well it ripped off the premise, 4 player co-op, zombie invasion. ect. ect.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well it ripped off the premise, 4 player co-op, zombie invasion. ect. ect.
No, because at the end of the day, there are COUNTLESS zombie games, most 4 player, and Outbreak was never ALL about Co-op...it was almost just a guinee pig for the PS2's internet capabilities...L4D is ALL about co-op...

wesker_awesome

No, because at the end of the day, there are COUNTLESS zombie games, most 4 player, and Outbreak was never ALL about Co-op...it was almost just a guinee pig for the PS2's internet capabilities...L4D is ALL about co-op...
Yeha, hey man do you view orc as an unofficial outbreak file 3?

wesker_awesome

Thanatos basically was a Bandersnatch. Capcom just got lazy and said "we say he's a Tyrant, so you have to believe us".
Well, I think they used a Bandersnatch character model for his mutated form. For his battleready form he was just a black tyrant.

Top Bottom