• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised L4D ripping off crimson heads?

Silverback

Moving Mountains
Well, I think they used a Bandersnatch character model for his mutated form. For his battleready form he was just a black tyrant.
Yeppers. For his mutated form they should have come up with a new mutation, not slap the Bandersnatch model on him and say "It's Tyrant Stage 2!"

Come on Capcom. We diehard Resi fans know a Bandersnatch when we see one. lol

wesker_awesome

After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
Yeppers. For his mutated form they should have come up with a new mutation, not slap the Bandersnatch model on him and say "It's Tyrant Stage 2!"

Come on Capcom. We diehard Resi fans know a Bandersnatch when we see one. lol
Well, its much too large to be a Bandersnatch, but what they did, was blow up the model, and gave it a new skin.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Well it ripped off the premise, 4 player co-op, zombie invasion. ect. ect.

Zombie shooter games have existing years before the Resident Evil series and will continue to exist way after, so it doesn't rip off Resi just for having a zombie invasion in it. Resident Evil may be the biggest selling survival horror series of all time but it's not the instant go-to for zombie game ideas for developers. Lickers aren't the same as Smokers - I see the long-tongue resemblance but they're completely different zombies. Same with Crimson Heads and Witches - completely different. The co-op is also very different, the entire feel of the game is different. I think, aside from having undead as enemies and having the option to have 4 players, they're completely different game franchises altogether!!

wesker_awesome

After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
Zombie shooter games have existing years before the Resident Evil series and will continue to exist way after, so it doesn't rip off Resi just for having a zombie invasion in it. Resident Evil may be the biggest selling survival horror series of all time but it's not the instant go-to for zombie game ideas for developers. Lickers aren't the same as Smokers - I see the long-tongue resemblance but they're completely different zombies. Same with Crimson Heads and Witches - completely different. The co-op is also very different, the entire feel of the game is different. I think, aside from having undead as enemies and having the option to have 4 players, they're completely different game franchises altogether!!
I agree. But do you agree that Tyrant- 002 would kill a Tank?

Top Bottom