• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 Jill > More screen time?

Ada Wong™

La Femme Fatale;35017 said:
Although there were naked zombies in CV, but I don't see Capcom taking it any further than that, haha.

The naked zombies made me want to gouge out my own eyes. So gross. :blink:

Jill_Valentine

Jill needs more screen time ,COME ON Jill and Chris was the first main chracters in resident evil I hope Jill is the main character in resident evil 6 that would be so cool .

Jlackleon

Martian Ambassador
CiaFutureK;33498 said:
Do you think that Jill should have had more screen time in RE5? I mean, I know we had Sheva to stare at ;). But I really like jill, and I think she should have been more involved than what she was. What do you guys think?

That would have DEFINITELY been awsome. :)

*Goes back to worshipping Jill statue* :D

Feng-Hi

Personally I wasn't a big fan of Jill in this, it felt like they were just putting her in because they wanted to link it back more and thye thought it was odd with Chris and no Jill. I think they could easily have missed the storyline of Jill as it really neither added much nor would losing it take much away! In all I'd like to have seen more story throughout based on the main premise adding a few more levels....but hey I may just be in a picky mood tonight!

Jill Valentine S.T.A.R.S

personally I think they should add a downloadable chapter for Jill in RE5 to make up for there mistake of giving her hardly any screen time, Jill is perhaps one of the most important protagonists in the entire series (come on she beat the nemesis single handedly) and capcom's poor inclusion of Jill in the game was not doing her justice.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
yeah i think a few people here have mentioned they would like to see a Jill type side mission sorta like assignment ada in Resi4, like a DLC for Jill, something like that would be nice.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Feng-Hi;35770 said:
Personally I wasn't a big fan of Jill in this, it felt like they were just putting her in because they wanted to link it back more and thye thought it was odd with Chris and no Jill. I think they could easily have missed the storyline of Jill as it really neither added much nor would losing it take much away! In all I'd like to have seen more story throughout based on the main premise adding a few more levels....but hey I may just be in a picky mood tonight!

I agree. I think it would have made alot more sense had 'Bird Lady' been Sherry Birkin instead. After all, all we know of Sherry is that Wesker has her and is keeping her alive. Additionally, I also think (if they needed to have Jill as a character), she very easily could have fit in Sheva's position just as well. Unfortunetely, all the accusations of 'racism' and Capcom's attempts to cover it up seem to cause a few unnecessary details in RE 5's storyline.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Those assholes ruined a good story just to get some f-ing publicity, :( too bad racism is such a known problem, its so easy to lable something as racist now days lol.

I dont think anything could be worse then how things use to be in the world haha but that is centurys ago! I dont see how a game like resident evil is going to make things worse all of a sudden. would of been interesting if the game did have to be changed for those reasons, it would explain why it took so long to get released

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I think alot of it had to do with the particular imagery at the time. All most people saw was a white man killing a number of black man, so of course people started pointing the finger and calling it racist in spite of the game's actual context. I know Capcom has denied claims of 'cleaning' up the game (assumingly with the addition of Sheva, although I am not sure how early she was produced), but I don't really buy it anyway.

Yeah, I pretty much feel that Jill's role in the game is kind of unnecessary. I know her being made 'Bird Lady' made it a tad more interesting, but as I said, Sherry would probably have been the more logical choice plot-wise. I don't know.

Top Bottom