• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Jake Muller - the Wesker offspring theories thread

SEELE-1

www.evaposers.blogspot.com
I don't see this as an asspull on Capcom's part...So it was never hinted at...So what...The Wesker Project had never been hinted at, but it fits in VERY well with the story, and made it very interesting...

What in the history of sequels was planned from the beginning? Except for Harry Potter... And Star Wars...
They only add stuff that fits the pre-existing universe...

Levan

Polkka. lol
Levan, I see a lot of it as plausible, but odds are severely against it...It's nice to see people like Steve enough to want him to come back, but I doubt it he will unfortunately...And I will answer ONE of the sections of the theory. You said why does Chris ask if they've met before instead of saying he looked like someone he knew. Chris probably just had a deja vu moment and felt like they'd met...He couldn't outright tell that he was really just seeing similarities from his nemesis Wesker...After all, it's been four years since Weskers death, so what are the odds Chris would think that far back to connect the dots in the heat of a mission...

Yeah, hence why I was looking for someone to disprove me already because I'm getting a bit crazy on conspiracies lately.

I wouldn't really think that Chris would ever forget Wesker. They're the arch-rivals in the series after all, I'm pretty sure Chris' memory with Wesker would be pretty lucid even after four years. Chris did save the world from him anyway. But yeah, maybe my paranoia was just taking over about this simple conversation... lol

-

I really do think ToCool74 is right. The appearance of this "Jake Muller" is pretty random. I mean, come on, son of Wesker... They're probably just trying to attract people into playing the game since, hey, it's Wesker's son. If he was simply a new character introduced in the series that may have just had affiliations with the concerned people, then I'd appreciate his appearance more. Or perhaps be some old character brought to life or something... but don't mind me, I'm crazy with these sort of stuff.

SEELE-1

www.evaposers.blogspot.com
They're probably just trying to attract people into playing the game since, hey, it's Wesker's son.
As if after the Chris-Leon fight they'd need any more publicity :cool:

Or perhaps be some old character brought to life or something...
We were all thinking (some hoping) Jake would be that Leonardo DiCaprio parody whose dead we all cheered back in the jolly days of Code:Veronica :rolleyes:

Levan

Polkka. lol
As if after the Chris-Leon fight they'd need any more publicity :cool:
I'm pretty sure that they'll want to maximize the publicity with this game. Considering the fact that Albert Wesker is the most popular character in this series, they probably think this character will make hardcore Wesker fans go wild since you'd be able to control and play the son of Wesker. :p

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
^Just for that video alone Capcom needs to bring Wesker/DC Douglas back.

I just see this all as a asspull on Capcom's part for obvious reasons.

One of which is the fact that he has not been hinted at ONCE through all of Resident Evil history.

Someone who is important as being wesker's son should have been at least alluded to a bit which leads me to conclude that Capcom just decided to pull a last minute asspull to make Jake more interesting.

But for the sake of the thread I will try to theorize,

Since Jake is obviously not 15 years are younger its safe to conclude that he had to be born BEFORE the events of the first Resident Evil game since RE6 is confirmed to take place 15 years after the Racoon City outbreak and the Racoon City outbreak took place only months after the mansion incident.

Now if we go off of that its clearly blows the whole "Jill being his mom" thing since Jill was only Weskers Captive a 7 years before RE6. And Excella is also very unlikely since it seems like Wesker only met her recently before the events of RE5 which also would not match up with Jake's age.

I think that its possible that Wesker may have "got in on" with a Umbrella Scientist at some point before the events of the first game. But since he is so cold and uncaring he simply did not care to raise Jake and probably just ignored the women from then on out. The women could have stayed with the company up for some time before finally leaving it and moving to another country. But after the Racoon City incident her work background would be less than favorible since she was a former Umbrella employee and thus she was not able to get another job and had to live in hiding. Jake being the caring son he is decides to go out on his own and make money the only way he knows how by being a hired gun.

Thats my theory.

I completely agree with you on the ass-pull thing (lol I love calling it that because that is EXACTLY what it is).

I have to differ on the female scientist theories though because it just doesn't work. She wouldn't be so "close to home" for Wesker. Quite frankly if she were a fellow scientist then the majority of Umbrella would have known about it because NO woman would put up with the cold shoulder bullsh*t- especially with a baby on the way. She would be bitching his ass out at work every chance she'd get. Plus Umbrella probably would have been intrigued by the unborn child considering who the father is...

She was more than likely some one night stand. I believe it was said that Jake became a mercenary to help support his mom, which makes me think she didn't have such a stable career- at least not working as a scientist for one of the best known companies. Coulda been a stripper though.

... Maybe this baby-drama situation is part of the reason why Wesker turned to men... :p

berserker9999

and if had a relation with a girl of the rpd before the events of resident evil then after it and who injected with the virus goes itself from she and l, misuses and above all to have double-crossed after the explosion of raccon City it decides to go more far away possible before she was born jake being without a job perches rpd and cancelled with the city, jake it grows and it develops of the powers out-of-the-common after the mother becomes ill and therefore jake part ..... this and my theory

theinternat

Queen Internet
i don't get why it's such a crazy idea that jake is legitimately wesker's b*stard

. i mean yeah it definitely feels like an asspull thing, but it's really not that big of a deal. before the mansion incident, wesker lead a relatively normal life. i mean he was a researcher for umbrella so he was always evil, but he didn't go off the deep end into super villain megalomaniac status until after RE1... and wasn't he in his 30s then? given jake's age he was born before the mansion incident... and i'm not saying that wesker had a wife and was a loving husband or anything, he just knocked someone up - maybe a fling or a girlfriend or a one-night-stand kind of thing. i don't think he even KNEW he had a kid. because if he did, he probably would have done something about him... experimented on or even killed him.

and that's why we never heard about him... because nobody else knew about him until this game. he was a total surprise, outed only by the outbreak and how he couldn't get infected.

at least that's my 2 cents :)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
i don't get why it's such a crazy idea that jake is legitimately wesker's b*stard

. i mean yeah it definitely feels like an asspull thing, but it's really not that big of a deal. before the mansion incident, wesker lead a relatively normal life. i mean he was a researcher for umbrella so he was always evil, but he didn't go off the deep end into super villain megalomaniac status until after RE1... and wasn't he in his 30s then? given jake's age he was born before the mansion incident... and i'm not saying that wesker had a wife and was a loving husband or anything, he just knocked someone up - maybe a fling or a girlfriend or a one-night-stand kind of thing. i don't think he even KNEW he had a kid. because if he did, he probably would have done something about him... experimented on or even killed him.

and that's why we never heard about him... because nobody else knew about him until this game. he was a total surprise, outed only by the outbreak and how he couldn't get infected.

at least that's my 2 cents :)
See, once again, you're thinking IMO makes more sense than most others lol...

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Wesker lived a normal life once. He wasn't always crazy, injecting himself with uroboros, and wanting

Complete Global Saturation.

theinternat

Queen Internet
See, once again, you're thinking IMO makes more sense than most others lol...

aw! i'm so flattered. thanks! :D

honestly i'm really excited about jake and his story. i think it's so cool that he's paired up with sherry birkin too, considering their fathers' friendship. it's going to take a LOT for me to choose leon's scenario first and not go straight to Jake's. :p

ToCool74

Veteran Member
But the one thing that goes against the "he was living a normal life" defense is that Wesker was still a VERY important asset to the Umbrella Corporation and Spencer which means that they DEFINITELY where keeping a eye on him.

If he had a one night stand even for that one night I would bet that Umbrella would keep a eye on the events (I know, sounds creepy) since it would mean that one of their famous Wesker Children may have had son of his own and thus it would have been probable cause to keep a eye on the women and events.

After all, the Wesker project was still going strong since the Prototype Virus had not been injected into the Wesker children and thus they where still in the "constantly being monitored" stage of the project.

The fact that Umbrella would let such a important event slip under their radar seems unlikely to me.

Its just easier to see this as a asspull on Capcom's part lol.

hogwartskid7

Ex-Umbrella Scientist
If Jake was born after Wesker's first death he would be only 15 right? He doesn't look that young. I have no theories on who his mother was since Ada and Excella are out of the question.

I'm wondering what path Jake will choose or if he is truely a good guy. Or will he turn around and be all like, "Bwaha! I have fooled you and now I have everything I need to finish what my father started!" I can't wait to find out what happens with this character.

And I know this isn't a big deal, but I love that his name is Jake. Why? I see it as a Resident Evil tradition to give all of the main characters common and simplistic names. I know it's stupid, like I said it's not a big deal but I like it.
Same age as me. I doubt the virus would accelerate his aging. But of course, Albert only aged slower because of the T-Virus. Meh, I'm picking my brain so much at this.

hogwartskid7

Ex-Umbrella Scientist
Hmm, you're right on the age thing, didn't really think of it. Since he's a playable character, I don't think he'll be a double-crosser or anything. It would be stupid. There's already the fight between Leon and Chris to keep us excited, and that's enough of a twist. I know why they're fighting (Leon wants to shoot the girl that started this all, but Chris doesn't), but it's not that. Capcom wouldn't go bat**** crazy and create a story built on twists.

I also like Jake as a name, generally, as well as Jack. Brings Naked Snake's conversation with the Boss to mind.
Erm, I think it's the other way around about the Leon and Chris thing, mate. xD

theinternat

Queen Internet
But the one thing that goes against the "he was living a normal life" defense is that Wesker was still a VERY important asset to the Umbrella Corporation and Spencer which means that they DEFINITELY where keeping a eye on him.

If he had a one night stand even for that one night I would bet that Umbrella would keep a eye on the events (I know, sounds creepy) since it would mean that one of their famous Wesker Children may have had son of his own and thus it would have been probable cause to keep a eye on the women and events.

After all, the Wesker project was still going strong since the Prototype Virus had not been injected into the Wesker children and thus they where still in the "constantly being monitored" stage of the project.

The fact that Umbrella would let such a important event slip under their radar seems unlikely to me.

while that may be true, i think capcom is just conveniently overlooking that. :p but let's face it: way crazier things have happened in RE. as long as 6 doesn't have a napoleon midget or a cross dresser it won't be crossing the line. lol :p

hogwartskid7

Ex-Umbrella Scientist

At least they didn't have to subscribe to Brazzers. xD

bruno

Chief Researcher

Actually, very few people knew about the project, and we don't even know if it was a project from Umbrella, Spencer's personal project. I do believe that Spencer tried to keep this to a secret.
So, it would be very difficult to keep monitoring every Wesker individual all the time. I think they were rather monitored indirectly. For example, in Albert's case, Birkin might have been asked to report periodically about Wesker, especially if he noticed something unusual, and it was through him that Wesker got the virus. However, I don't think Birkin would mention something like Wesker having sex with a woman. Besides, he might not even know who the woman was. And worse yet, if Wesker was a woman's lady back in the day, it would be impossible to keep track and monitor all of the women he "sleeps" with

I don't think it would be such an asspull. They didn't plan all the details before RE1 so they could gradually add them on, so they have to create new plots and twists as the story moves along. They are just adding information that we might very well not have known about Wesker, even if this was already planned by Capcom. We don't know everything about each character's personal lives or their past, so it's good for them to introduce new things that were irrelevant before.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
it would be very difficult to keep monitoring every Wesker individual all the time..

But how would it be very difficult?

Even if it was just Spencer who knew about the project, considering the unlimited amount of resources he had at his disposal it would be a simple task to keep a constant eye on all the Wesker Children.

That and the fact that it was said that they all where constantly monitored leads me to conclude that it would be very difficult for Spencer to let something like that slip past him.

Also Albert was said to be one of the best out of the children that Spencer favored which leans even more towards how he would miss something like that. After all, I'm sure he would not let one of his most favored Wesker children go on with out being monitored.

And obviously they did not plan all this from RE1, that much I already know, but if they are going to add something they very well should have a very good and "reasonable" scenario as to how this new development is possible and honestly I do not think they can provide a "reasonable" scenario as to how someone as important as Wesker's son has slipped under the radar for all those years.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Wesker was selected vecause his parents had a "superior" genetic makeup. If Jake's mother doesn't have those genes, then Jake wouldn't be very interesting for the project at that time. Wesker was much more important. Things would only change after Wesker's survival to the prototype virus.
However, I still think it wouldn't be possible for Spencer to control all of Wesker's personal life.

Top Bottom