• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Jake Muller - the Wesker offspring theories thread

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Wesker was selected vecause his parents had a "superior" genetic makeup. If Jake's mother doesn't have those genes, then Jake wouldn't be very interesting for the project at that time. Wesker was much more important. Things would only change after Wesker's survival to the prototype virus.
However, I still think it wouldn't be possible for Spencer to control all of Wesker's personal life.

Yes but even having "half" of the "superior" genetic makeup would make Jake important.

RE6 even confirms this when it is said that Jake carries a very special type of blood.

That alone should warrant at least a moderate interest from Spencer to have at least alluded to someone who was the son of one of his Wesker children.

No matter how anyone tries to reason it, there is just no believable way to look at this other than a asspull in my honest opinion.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Yes but even having "half" of the "superior" genetic makeup would make Jake important.

RE6 even confirms this when it is said that Jake carries a very special type of blood.

That alone should warrant at least a moderate interest from Spencer to have at least alluded to someone who was the son of one of his Wesker children.

No matter how anyone tries to reason it, there is just no believable way to look at this other than a asspull in my honest opinion.

To me it's believable, i don't see how it would be such an impossibility. Guess we won't agree on that one.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Guess we won't agree on that one.

Guess not...

But we will see if Capcom can come up with a "believable" scenario once RE6 finally hits the shelves.

I'm interested to see if they can prove me wrong in my assumption that they will not be able to pull this whole "Wesker son" thing off "believably".

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm with Bruno on this one...I just don't see this as an asspull on Capcom's part...I mean...His blood may be special, but could Spencer really have foreseen everything that was to come...Things are way to unpredictable, so many things could have been dismissed as unimportant...Including a personal life...If it wasn't for the company, then it was unimportant...Of course, if it was for Spencer's immortality then it would be important as well...But Wesker's personal life really didn't have much to do with the immortality that Spencer was after...
As far as him being one of Spencer's favorites...This is true, but doesn't it say Alex WAS his favorite...I'm sure he was keeping more tabs on Alex than Albert, even if only a little...

bruno

Chief Researcher
I'm with Bruno on this one...I just don't see this as an asspull on Capcom's part...I mean...His blood may be special, but could Spencer really have foreseen everything that was to come...Things are way to unpredictable, so many things could have been dismissed as unimportant...Including a personal life...If it wasn't for the company, then it was unimportant...Of course, if it was for Spencer's immortality then it would be important as well...But Wesker's personal life really didn't have much to do with the immortality that Spencer was after...
As far as him being one of Spencer's favorites...This is true, but doesn't it say Alex WAS his favorite...I'm sure he was keeping more tabs on Alex than Albert, even if only a little...

I think Spencer monitored Alex directly, since Alex worked for him and was even in charge of the project.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I think Spencer monitored Alex directly, since Alex worked for him and was even in charge of the project.
Wouldn't that leave more leeway for Albert then...I mean, there can't have been too many people Spencer trusted with this...And since he monitored Alex directly that's one less person to monitor Albert...

bruno

Chief Researcher
Wouldn't that leave more leeway for Albert then...I mean, there can't have been too many people Spencer trusted with this...And since he monitored Alex directly that's one less person to monitor Albert...
That's why I guess Spencer controlled Albert through Birkin or other employees, although they didn't know about the project (Spencer asked them to report).

ToCool74

Veteran Member

But as I said earlier, it was CONFIRMED that ALL the wesker children where constantly monitored which should include their personal life, no mater how "unimportant" it may have seemed. And the fact that Albert was favored by Spencer would even FURTHER his monitoring of him wouldn't you think?

But whatever, Like I said before, we will see...

EDIT

Just read it here on wiki, it seems like you guys may have forgotten that it was confirmed that they ALL where constantly monitored at all times and its best to brush up on that little fact.
http://residentevil.wikia.com/Wesker_children

It also confirms that Albert was favored at the time by Spencer.

theinternat

Queen Internet
But as I said earlier, it was CONFIRMED that ALL the wesker children where constantly monitored which should include their personal life, no mater how "unimportant" it may have seemed. And the fact that Albert was favored by Spencer would even FURTHER his monitoring of him wouldn't you think?

But whatever, Like I said before, we will see...

EDIT

Just read it here on wiki, it seems like you guys may have forgotten that it was confirmed that they ALL where constantly monitored at all times and its best to brush up on that little fact.
http://residentevil.wikia.com/Wesker_children

It also confirms that Albert was favored at the time by Spencer.

maybe spencer didn't really care that he was sexxing some lady? :p

theinternat

Queen Internet
I doubt it, the word "constantly" would seem to imply that they where being monitored no matter how "insignificant" it may have been to the overall project.

yeah, i suppose so. but as i've said before, i think capcom chose to forget that fact. :p or maybe in the game they will mention how he escaped being monitored for a while? no idea. either way, i think the whole jake thing is pretty interesting. i mean maybe it kinda violates canon, and maybe it seems outta nowhere, but i'm still really curious to see how his story will play out. i don't think they'll do a bad job :)

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Maybe Wesker threw them all off when they caught him doing it with a few men. They probably thought "Oh geez, we have nothing to worry about here!" :D

And the fact that Albert was favored by Spencer would even FURTHER his monitoring of him wouldn't you think?
Not necessarily. I think his favoring could have lead him to put a lot of trust in Albert (and Alex). I'm sure once Wesker started proving his dedication towards the company and its research and activities they felt he wouldn't do anything reckless (and, as I've stated before, Wesker never seemed like a guy who wanted to be tied down in a relationship with anyone- man or woman).

Plus we're not talking about house arrest here; constant monitoring more than likely took place either at work with the different tests they ran on the Wesker children or it simply took place in the beginning stages of the Wesker Project; before any of the Wesker Children began showing that they were worthy and dedicated towards Spencer, Umbrella and the Wesker Project.

In terms of Jake- the more I watch the trailers the more interested I become in his character. That doesn't take away the feeling that his character was a complete ass-pull though. He's honestly more than likely fan-service to those who didn't care for Wesker's demise so they stuck a little 'part' of him in the next game.

If Jake isn't simply a b*stard child born from a one-night-stand, then Capcom will have a lot of esplanin' to do. Even if they do try to explain something else it would just be them trying to cover their asses and conflict with some of the information that has already been established in the series.

That said I am completely interested in seeing Chris' reaction when he learns of Jake being Wesker's son as well as Jake possibly finding out that Chris killed his father.

Pig Demon

Alright, it's confirmed that the Merc is in fact Wesker's son, Jake Muller. But the theories about him are welcome until more info about him is released. Who is his mother? When was he born? Is he an ace up Wesker's sleeve? Let's hear some opinions!

I think that, even though Excella had a crush on him, it's impossible for her to have been the mother of Jake. He's too old, and the gap since RE5 is not huge, and Excella would have at least hinted at it. She's definitely crossed out as a possibility. I think he was born right after his "death" in RE1, as an attempt at creating another powerful Wesker, with no Virus complications, since the traits would be carried through birth.

I bet Jake is Alex Wesker or another subject from Project W. There is no way that Wesker would have had a child through natural birth . He makes no human connections as they would only stand in his his way in his quest for power and world domination. Plus it would take too long to produce a speicmen. Cloning would be much easier for him to control, he would not have to trust a woman to carry the baby, and would explain how old Jake is. Jake would have to be a result of some experiment.

Top Bottom