• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Isn't this game monsterously hard?

Jason-Voorhees

沉睡的巨龍
i don't have a PS1 Memory card right now, but i agree, it's alot tougher than RE1, but i'm also still getting used to the controls. and Romero, RE3 has Unlimited Saves on Easy, but RE2 doesn't

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
Ah, Resident Evil 2. This one has got to be my favorite Resident Evil, even now. I can sit and play this one over and over again all day long lol.

The first time I played it I was probably around eight or nine years old, and it wasn't that hard; don't get me wrong though, I did have some problems with it though.

ResidentZelda

Well my strategy is to put it on normal and them put "random" or whatever it says after (I haven't played the game in a long time) so it makes it easier for me because it gives me loads of ammo -that's one of the problems that I have- LOL I am sure a lazy person :D

jw1322

i didn't think the difficulty level was too different from the other re games. i did have a bit of trouble with scenario b though...

ConvictedMP5

this game isnt really hard at all for me any more but the nightmare difficulty thats only on the dreamcast version is hard as mad hell.

I find 3 harder than 2 for most part, but I haven't got back into the swing of 3 yet. :p
The zombies on 3 are a lot faster if I recall, and Nemesis can be a right git at times.
Mr. X isn't that tough, it's just the fact he always has you to a corner/dead end and has ridiculously long range.
I find the labs a lot easier than the police station personally, although Mr. X's last form and the last G on the A game can give me grief sometimes.
but overall I find 3 and the original harder. (Actually i've never played the original properly, go ahead, shoot me xD)

Resident James

I think RE0 is the Hardest, I was playing Hard mode and I made it to the first Queen Leach fight, and I didn't have enough ammo to kill it, I had saved it before I went in so now im stuck, I went back to the training facility to grab the knives and some Molotovs, but still.

It is a frigging game over in a game that does have 'game overs'.

GAHH!!!

loathsbane

resident evil 2 is the easiest of all the resident evils... difficulty goes from hardest to easiest. i have a habit of playing every game on the hardest difficulty otherwise it's no fun

resident evil (director's cut) little ammo, few backpack spaces, a zombie can kill you in 3 hits, AND your current status condition is not represented through your avatar. if you don't check your health you will assume you're always fine... when in turn you can actually be 1 hit from dead but running like you're in the fine condition. also if you think about it this way there are difficulties within the character choices too, like this.

training - easiest = jill
training - easier = chris
standard - medium = jill
standard - tough = chris
advanced - hard = jill
advanced - very hard = chris

jill gets barry to help her with everything, she has 8 bag spaces and she doesn't need keys to pick locks. she also gets the bazooka.

chris only gets himself with the exception of rebecca and the piano. she doesn't heal him or anything in the original so she serves as no advantage. he only gets 6 slots, so you have to make frequent trips to the chest. also you end up having to leave a lot of stuff behind because you just don't have room to pick up every herb. but i hear he can take more hits... even though a zombie can still 3 shot you.

another thing that makes re tougher is that you can't just pound them with shots. if a zombie is in the falling sequence (as in you've shot him enough times to drop him to the ground) you will often waste a bullet because the attack isn't registered... also you can't unload on them while they're getting up because the attacks won't register. basically most of your shots have to be made while they are coming towards you, with the exception of getting one off when it first hits the floor. also the voice acting is beyond the worst known to man, you'll find yourself antsy and impatient going through cutscenes perhaps making more mistakes? bahaha... and i think zombies move a bit faster, but that's subject to opinion.

resident evil 3 on easy they give you everything you'll need weapon wise through the entire game, but even then nemesis is still a nuisance. on hard i personally have to kill nemesis every encounter for the deagle, western custom and infinite bullet case so it's not easy when ammo is scarce in the beginning.

resident evil 2... only one part of this game may prove to be a challenge and that's mr. x in his final form since he's a lot of like the final battle with tyrant in re1.

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
I wouldn't say that it's hard, but scenario b is just frustrating. I've beaten it 2 or 3 times and I STILL have trouble getting through it.

Does anyone else think, "Screw the survivors and let's just get the hell out of here!" when Leon tells Claire that her brother isn't here anymore?

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
I guess just the initial zombie attacks are hard because there's so many of them. But thanks for the tips guys :D

loathsbane

zombies in re2 are easy to kill. keep your distance, point, aim and shoot. they are also easy to juke. if you find a cluster of them whip out the shotty for leon, run close up and aim up and shoot. never shoot close up in normal (mid level) aiming. it'll blow their torso's off and they'll come crawling. i mean realistically if you're claire you should have the 6 shooter which kills fast and reloads fast. or leon gets his handgun parts early in the game anyways. they make single or groups easy as cake.

Mr Sunshine

I think it's the easiest of the first three games. Well I had some trouble in the beginning of scenario B but mostly because I didn't know were to go.

It's the only RE that even me can knife zombies easily: Two hits, backstep, two hits e.t.c In RE 1 the range of the knife is too short and in 3 the zombies are too fast for me to knife.

Also Mr.X is god damn slow! just throw him 4 acid rounds or simply run away. He want follow you like Nemesis.

The only potential enemy would be the licker but yet again it's far less dangerous that the RE 1 hunter.

loathsbane

it is the easiest. each character has their advantages. in my opinion leon is easiest with his custom guns, despite the disgusting recoil. but then again claire gets the g. launcher which in turn has grenades just as powerful. both can end up getting the sub machine gun. 1 in the basement area and the other is only for a second scenario player which is in the finger print room in the lab. unfortunately that room houses 3 super lickers... but if there is one gun that is the most effective against lickers it IS the submachine gun. it
keeps them from attacking, meanwhile the gatling gun doesn't. all and all if you're in second scenario and that far you won't need the sub machine gun, it's just an interesting room to examine. not to mention i always have more herbs and ammo than i know what to do with at that point.
claire gets the spark gun which is just fun to dick around with, totally useless.i think they could have done better with the weapon box key for claire. i mean leon gets custom magnum parts, meanwhile claire gets 12 grenade rounds... they could have at least made them acid or flame.

T-Virus Injected

Def the easiest. A lot of areas where you can just run past zombies rather than shoot them. I mean cmon if you make it to the police station without picking anything up you face brad vickers and get the costume closet key when you kill him.

tequila

Bottle Lover
I love RE2. I have it for both GC and PS. The PS RE2 has a glitch it in. I'm always getting Claire's weapons with Leon and Leon's weapons with Claire. Or I can end up getting both rocket launcher and shotgun with one of the characters. I had trouble with Senario B in the beginning because I couldnt find the damn unicorn medal and it took me forever after searching the whole place like three or four times until all along it was on the second floor balcony, beyond the library doors. Other than that, I didn't have trouble with it.

mastermind

RE2 is the easiest of the old ones but if your talking about all of them then RE4/5 are the easiest
but that one was always easy i never really had the chance to play 3 but whenever i have played it i never could get far and I've only beaten the first once on the original version (not remake) so its the easiest of the old ones

Top Bottom