• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is resident evil 5 rated by fans the worst ???

leon83

Looking at comments by members it looks that way , it says a lot for a series when a good game is rated the worst thats how strong this franchise is ;) however do you guys agree cos for me i like the game but more proberly for its replay value and extras so do you think this is the worst resident evil rated by the resi fans ???

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
nah it just has its flaws thats all. definitely not rated the worst by ALL members.
i don't rate it the worst by far.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
No it is not the worst. By many people the survivor series is the worst.

For some reason people are saying that it sucked because it was not scary, which is something that I don't get because the other games weren't scary. The only thing that I saw that was scary in the series was the regenrators.

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
BIGHARD CHEATER;62776 said:
No it is not the worst. By many people the survivor series is the worst.

For some reason people are saying that it sucked because it was not scary, which is something that I don't get because the other games weren't scary. The only thing that I saw that was scary in the series was the regenrators.

I have not played RE0, REmake, or CXV. But there were deffinately scarier areas, enemies, and moments throughout the series. RE2 was pretty damn scary. RE3 not as much. But the early games mostly just had parts that made you jump. Like a licker or Nemesis bursting through the window or something. I thought RE4 was pretty scary at times too. But it was a different kind of scary. Not only were the enemies and areas creepy but the music sometimes made you kind of tense. Especially in that castle. Most of the time it was an "OMFG that f*ckin thing is gonna kill me!" kind of scary. But I never felt like that while playing RE5. Maybe it was because I had my bro there to back me up but it was deffinatley not as scary as the previous games.

Kellyrose

I think that by itself, 5 would have been a decent game, but as a Resident Evil sequel, it was a little lackluster.

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
A lot feel that the Survivor series is the worst actually... but guys, what do you reckon about RE5 being the worst in the MAIN series?

I'm not sure... I love RE0, RE, RE2, RE3 and RE4 a lot... for me it would either be RE5 or RE:CV rated lower, but I'm not sure. It's a very close thing for me. I think that RE5 for me just cliches it as my least favourite in the main series, as it's barely the RE I know and love.

v iBaxter

well i would not consider it the worst but its a sequel to resi 4 it had high hopes but i think many were dissapointed, i was looking forward to it more when the first trailer came out when they were tackeling chris to the ground and so on, but i would say the worst one would be survivour.
i havent played it but it seems crap.

leon83

Sorry guys i should of stated in my post the worst considerd in the MAIN series :)

For me it isnt but it isnt in the top 3 either kinda on par with say CV ,resident evil 3 but better than zero , i think 5 has a lot of postives more for the non resident evil fan than say the hardcore fan but you cant deny fan or not its a good game.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
T-Vaccinated Kid;62782 said:
I have not played RE0, REmake, or CXV. But there were deffinately scarier areas, enemies, and moments throughout the series. RE2 was pretty damn scary. RE3 not as much. But the early games mostly just had parts that made you jump. Like a licker or Nemesis bursting through the window or something. I thought RE4 was pretty scary at times too. But it was a different kind of scary. Not only were the enemies and areas creepy but the music sometimes made you kind of tense. Especially in that castle. Most of the time it was an "OMFG that f*ckin thing is gonna kill me!" kind of scary. But I never felt like that while playing RE5. Maybe it was because I had my bro there to back me up but it was deffinatley not as scary as the previous games.

The "OMFG that ****in thing is gonna kill me!" thing is in RE5. Everytime you see a Reaper with that wierd stuff that it pumps into the air and it's one hit kill, or a guy wearing a burlap sack and swinging a chainsaw at your head....

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
It's definitely the Survivor series and Dead Aim for me. I HATED HATED HATED those.... Oh! And Gaiden was pretty retarded, too.

teal27

It seems the games people rated the lowest were the first-person shooter ones (Dead Aim?). I can't be certain because I never played them.

I love RE5! It's one of my favorite PS3 games.

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
The survivor games were first person and Dead Aim was... semi first person? But yeah, HORRIBLE.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Elochai;63737 said:
The survivor games were first person and Dead Aim was... semi first person? But yeah, HORRIBLE.

Dead Aim is part of the Survivor series, in fact it is Survivor 3, or in Japan it is Gun Survivor 4.

But yeah, it also has a behind the character camera, which goes to show that Capcom didn't just pull RE4 and it's camera or other elements out of their ass.

Every part of the game can pretty much be seen as an implent or improvement garnered from previous games.:)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Spike991;63100 said:
The "OMFG that ****in thing is gonna kill me!" thing is in RE5. Everytime you see a Reaper with that wierd stuff that it pumps into the air and it's one hit kill, or a guy wearing a burlap sack and swinging a chainsaw at your head....
I'm thinking that perhaps some players think the later RE games and in particular RE5 is not scary compared to old games simply because they were kids when they played RE1-RE3, and now they are not kids any more?

Top Bottom