• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is Chris gay?

PinkHerb

Healing Item
To be honest, I think that the whole Leon x Ada thing is ridiculous, i never really liked this pairing since they keeping doing this 'will they, won't they' BS that would probably never be resolved. It just wastes everyone;s time, especially those who are invested in their relationship, I just wish that either Leon or Ada breaks this cycle by moving on with their lives.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Honestly the Ada-angle always made Leon really unlikable to me and I wish they would just drop it already. As I mentioned in another post, she was supposed to just be there to tie Leon's scenario to the first game, that's it. She serves no purpose and Leon turns into a complete dolt around her, despite whatever changes Capcom attempts to make with his character. I mean when you compare the two Claire spent RE2 risking her life for a young girl she didn't even know out of the goodness of her heart while Leon spent RE2 running after some end-of-the-world booty.

The only times I ever really liked him in the series were the DC bit with Krauser, not the RE2 bit, and Degeneration and guess who just so happened to be absent from school those days?

Unknown

Carlos and Jill is just hinted at. Like all characters, everything is just hinted at.

But I do think they should do something with Leon and Ada after so long. They need something interesting to happen or ask themselves WHY DID WE INVEST IN THIS FOR SO LONG? haha

Was it hinted at from both sides though because to me it was more like Jessica on Chris, like one sided crush.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
There’s about as much evidence of Chris being gay as there is Leon being gay.

No not really, Leon at least has a clear romantic interest in Ada, Chris on the otherhand has 0 romantic connection to anyone in the series.

Not saying it means he is gay but equating him and and Leon on this subject has 0 merit due to the obvious elephant in the room that is Ada and thus clearly points to Leon's interest in woman, heck when can even throw Hunnigan in there for good measure Leon hits on her as well at the end of RE4, so that is 2 woman Leon has shown a clear interest in unlike Chis who has 0.

D

Deleted member 21244

I think jill and Chris are a things and always have been
There was an ending in resident evil directors cut where jill and Chris unite they're hand like lovers

2:25

And in revelations when Jessica say that Chris never got the hint, Parker replay by saying: maybe he is already taken Jessica
While he watch Chris and jill going for the lab together

19:50

As for leon, I Think she had good chemistry with ada in original re 2 at least... The other characters like Helena and Angela where to bland and uninteresting

Unknown

No not really, Leon at least has a clear romantic interest in Ada, Chris on the otherhand has 0 romantic connection to anyone in the series.

Uhh...except Jill. Lol. Which Capcom have hinted at since the beginning.

But a lack of a love interest does not equal evidence or even lend credence to another thing like you’re positing, so Chris and Leon still have the same evidence that they’re gay. The answer was zero btw, they both have the same evidence, because that evidence is zero.

Not saying it means he is gay but equating him and and Leon on this subject has 0 merit due to the obvious elephant in the room that is Ada and thus clearly points to Leon's interest in woman, heck when can even throw Hunnigan in there for good measure Leon hits on her as well at the end of RE4, so that is 2 woman Leon has shown a clear interest in unlike Chis who has 0.

Literally doesn’t matter whether Leon has or not. Chris needs a romance story first.

Otherwise, you can can just say “Chris and Leon don’t like motorcycles and the proof is that Claire has been shown to like motorcycles, but Chris and Leon show 0”

lol that’s your flawed logic. To add to that, I could just say (using your flawed logic) that Leon or Chris are just bisexual, because they don’t say they’re not.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Uhh...except Jill. Lol. Which Capcom have hinted at since the beginning.

But a lack of a love interest does not equal evidence or even lend credence to another thing like you’re positing, so Chris and Leon still have the same evidence that they’re gay. The answer was zero btw, they both have the same evidence, because that evidence is zero.

Literally doesn’t matter whether Leon has or not. Chris needs a romance story first.

Otherwise, you can can just say “Chris and Leon don’t like motorcycles and the proof is that Claire has been shown to like motorcycles, but Chris and Leon show 0”

lol that’s your flawed logic. To add to that, I could just say (using your flawed logic) that Leon or Chris are just bisexual, because they don’t say they’re not.

Logic does not seem to be your strong suit but I'll bite 1 time and ask show me 1 time where Chris has outright hit on a woman whether it as Jill or any other, don't give me a round about explanation or IMPLIED romance but a actual moment Chris is shown to be outwardly interested in a woman, as I pointed out Leon has 2 in Ada and Hunnigan which is why even using the most basic of common sense would tell you that saying evidence of Leon being gay is the same as Chris is asinine since Leon has shown clear romanic interest with 2 woman in the series.

As I said (and you seemed to ignore or fail to comprehend) just because Chris doesn't have the shown interest in woman does not make him automatically gay, I never said he was and it could simply be Capcom showing how headstrong into his work Chris is in games to not bother being as cocky and flirty as Leon is in his game but my point is that saying the evidence is equated between the 2 as far as shown interest is woman or simply wrong by the most basic logic since once again Leon has shown clear interest in 2 woman while Chris has a IMPLIED interest in maybe Jill but nothing concrete.

But hey I will let you have a chance to show me where Chris has shown a clear interest in the opposite sex because maybe I missed something, depending on your response I may just leave honestly because I have no time arguing the obvious.

Unknown

Logic does not seem to be your strong suit but I'll bite 1 time and ask show me 1 time where Chris has outright hit on a woman

It literally doesn’t matter if he has or not. There’s no reason for him to do so when he’s on missions.

The fact that he hasn’t hit on a woman, is not evidence of a positive (him being gay). Therefore, you are left with ZERO evidence towards that positive. Who else has zero evidence? Oh right, Leon.

You should probably try to grasp basic logic before you use the word.

As I said (and you seemed to ignore or fail to comprehend) just because Chris doesn't have the shown interest in woman does not make him automatically gay, I never said he was and it could simply be Capcom showing how headstrong into his work Chris is in games to not bother being as cocky and flirty as Leon is in his game

My argument is that him not showing clear interest is not evidence of a lack of interest. You’re failing to comprehend. You are spot on about him being headstrong though as it would be very unlike Chris to flirt with women at work.

but my point is that saying the evidence is equated between the 2 as far as shown interest is woman or simply wrong by the most basic logic since once again Leon has shown clear interest in 2 woman while Chris has a IMPLIED interest in maybe Jill but nothing concrete.

Chris and Leon still both have EQUAL evidence that they’re gay (ZERO)...

But hey I will let you have a chance to show me where Chris has shown a clear interest in the opposite sex because maybe I missed something, depending on your response I may just leave honestly because I have no time arguing the obvious.

It’s not my argument that he has shown interest in women, I simply mentioned the Jill hints offhandedly...are you reading before you reply?

There is nothing “obvious”. You disputed my claim that Chris and Leon are equally likely to be gay based on the argument from ignorance fallacy (the ignorance here being the lack of Chris flirting with women, a LACK of, key word.

Using a lack of evidence, AS EVIDENCE, is nonsensical in every way. So Chris remains at ZERO evidence, just like Leon. Get it?

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
There is actually evidence of Leon being straight (Ada), but not much for Chris. But it is true that no evidence of him being straight is not equal to there being evidence that he is gay. But until Capcom says something otherwise, this is all just speculation. Right now, I suppose there is a 50/50 that Chris like men or women.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
There is actually evidence of Leon being straight (Ada), but not much for Chris.

EXACTLY.

I honestly do not see what's so hard to grasp about something so fundamentally simple which is that there is clear evidence to Leon being straight while there isn't anything concrete for Chris but once again as I pointed out this does not automatically mean he is gay but that if someone was inclined to suggest he was they could use him never showing a interest in woman in games as a argument but obviously this could not work for Leon since he has shown clear interest in woman and thus there is no equating the two when it comes this.

Sure it could be countered argued that just because Chris hasn't shown that interest in woman outwardly doesn't mean he is gay since there are a slew of possible explanations for this and he hasn't shown interest in men either but the point is that equating a question of a preferred interest in woman to Leon is flat out missing the mark since Leon is not even up for debate due to him having a concrete and shown interest in woman namely Ada unlike Chris who doesn't have a concrete female interest hence why we are even here with a topic asking this question.

But at this point I'm beating a dead horse since your failing to grasp this, I'm out, believe what you want.

Last edited:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Albertwesker959 Ever heard of over compensation? Not to mention all the men in the world who got married to women and had children only to divorce and come out as gay later in life.

At any rate, I can't believe we're still seriously debating the sexuality of fictional video game characters in a series that has nothing to do with romance five years and some change later.

This, this right here is why people say gamers don't have lives. This.

D

Deleted member 21244

@Albertwesker959 Ever heard of over compensation? Not to mention all the men in the world who got married to women and had children only to divorce and come out as gay later in life.

At any rate, I can't believe we're still seriously debating the sexuality of fictional video game characters in a series that has nothing to do with romance five years and some change later.

This, this right here is why people say gamers don't have lives. This.

It's a forum about resident evil where we discuss a fictional videogame series, so I don't see any problem in discussing sexuality of fictional character on a forum about fictional videogame

Romance was actually prominent and in game like resident evil 2 and code veronica, all leon campaign from re 2 is based on ada and Leon romance, and code veronica we have twins romance and Claire and Steve romance, who are prominent and important part in the game

Unknown

There is actually evidence of Leon being straight (Ada), but not much for Chris. But it is true that no evidence of him being straight is not equal to there being evidence that he is gay. But until Capcom says something otherwise, this is all just speculation. Right now, I suppose there is a 50/50 that Chris like men or women.

That’s why I said Chris and Leon both have equal evidence of being gay (ZERO), that was my original claim, something ToCool74 fails to grasp. I said nothing about the evidence of them being straight. He doesn’t even realize where he tripped up because he has responded to you despite you agreeing with me lmao

However, it is obvious that Chris is straight simply by default, because Capcom haven’t given this sort of thing any thought like certain fans do (there is cut dialogue from LIN where he was dating a female co-worker, and Jill was jealous, and Jun Takeuchi has confirmed that Chris and Jill are into each other but don’t act on it for the sake of their jobs).

Last edited:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Albertwesker959 There's discussing a fictional series and then there's obsessing over a characters sexuality. And this is obviously extremely personal for some of you.

"Leon is my favorite character so he can't be gay, he flirts with everyone but Chris, IDK."

"No! Chris is my favorite character and he can't be gay. There's all this concrete evidence that says so!"

"Umm that's circumstantial evidence."

"Nu-uh!"

"Yu-huh!!"

"You obviously don't even know what that word means."

"I know you are but what am I?"

Give me a break. This being a fan forum doesn't explain the back and forth of the exact same information, especially when it turns into indirect insults against each other's intelligence.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Yeah - I generally like everyone on this website, but we do a lot of keyboard commandos around here. We need to stop attacking each other so damn hard when people disagree with us. I have done it and I have been a victim of it and its not that fun to watch.

But I do not think Leon is overcompensating. His history with Ada is real, I think. And here is a leading quote from Damnation:

Ada“By the way, when are we going to… uhm, carry on from where we left off that night?” Leon“Anytime, but now.”

D

Deleted member 21244

@Albertwesker959 There's discussing a fictional series and then there's obsessing over a characters sexuality. And this is obviously extremely personal for some of you.

"Leon is my favorite character so he can't be gay, he flirts with everyone but Chris, IDK."

"No! Chris is my favorite character and he can't be gay. There's all this concrete evidence that says so!"

"Umm that's circumstantial evidence."

"Nu-uh!"

"Yu-huh!!"

"You obviously don't even know what that word means."

"I know you are but what am I?"

Give me a break. This being a fan forum doesn't explain the back and forth of the exact same information, especially when it turns into indirect insults against each other's intelligence.
I actually just read one page of this thread and give two comment

I wasn't trying to explain the back and forth of same information and insult to people ecc but i was just saying that it's OK to discuss romance in the resident evil series and discuss character sexuality, if the discussion dosent kill anyone

Mr.R

Honestly, I think this is a discussion that will eventually always go nowhere and pretty much always be dictated by personal views unless Capcom says something.

The series was never about romance and romance never played a big part on any game (Steve's teenage crush on the only pretty girl he probably had seen in a long time, probably one sided, doesn't count as romance for me). The series does have a lot of crushes (Carlos on Jill, Ashley on Leon, Steve on Claire, Claire on Neil, Excella on Wesker, Jessica on Chris, Quint on Jessica...this one is a bit creepy though) but most of them seem pretty one sided. Or at least with very little evidence of the crush being two way...maybe with the exception of Jake and Sherry, but then again, Capcom haven't done anything about it, and as far as the information we know, they parted ways at the end of the game.

About Chris. It doesn't matter. RE protagonists aren't normal people. They don't live normal lives. They can be ordered to go anywhere in the world in missions with a high death rate. They work on secret jobs, so they can't share their work life with other people. They know too much, they're scarred and battle weary. I don't think most of them could live a normal life, in universe. So romance isn't in the top of their priorities (Barry is the exception, but he already had a family before the events of the games, and this family is probably the reason he doesn't show up very often. He's a part of the BSAA, but I suppose he doesn't partake in many missions, or probably has some sort of consultant position). Even Chris and Jill. I think they're friends. Best friends. Partners. But I can't see any romantic connection between them except by very sutil hints that might or might not be something. Chris and Piers (to me, they feel like Captain America and Winter Soldier situation. A victim of the ship generation). Same thing. Friendship exists. Not all relationships between two people that care about each other needs to be romantic. But hey, we live in the ship generation so...

As for Leon...ugh. I hope they drop the Ada thing. Again, even in universe, they can't be a couple. Leon's pretty much the same as Chris and Ada is a wanted woman in a lot of places. They can't have a quiet life in a house with a white fence. It doesn't match either character. It's barely romantic at this point. I suppose they have physical attraction on each other, of course, but again, based on what we know, it's not the romantic couple thing. I actually liked the fact that RE6 Leon seemed, at times, a little tired of their cat and mouse bulls***. Yes, he got sad when he thought Ada died, but he refrained of chasing her all the time like he used to do. I actually cracked a smile the first time I've heard him saying to Helena "We stick together" when she urged him to go after Ada once more. Leon is flirty, of course, he strikes me as the 'one night stand' cliché. I do think Leon and Claire could be an interesting couple, because even though she's not in the same line of work as him, she knows a lot too and their connection would be easy. I hope the new Netflix series could show some light on it. Even if to show them as best friends. Leon and Claire were always connected (or the producers wants us to think they are), but their interactions were always so shallow (Degeneration, for example). I liked the flirty tone they got for RE2 Remake, so I hope this stays.

As for their sexuality...I really think it doesn't matter. Unless Capcom says so, it'll be a mystery and one that doesn't bother me.

Last edited:

Unknown

I can’t imagine Claire ever finding Leon that attractive in RE2, just because she was way more badass and cool than he was, and she was leading the charge. He was this idealistic rookie cop who nobody took seriously and Claire the wild college biker girl with a spec ops brother who taught her how to fight.

Maybe later on when he becomes more badass himself, but definitely not in RE2, he’s a complete dork. I completely disagree that their interactions are shallow, Degeneration is my favourite Leon and Claire offering, I hope the series is more of that.

As for Chris and Jill, they are friends and partners who would die for each other, and would probably be romantically involved if not for their jobs (according to producer Jun Takeuchi). Before RE5 came out, I imagined they were involved during their STARS days because of the hints in RE1 and REmake. I guess that’s what they’re going with for the film reboot.

Mr.R

Attractiveness is something completely subjective. If you think Claire wouldn't find Leon attractive is on you. In the Remake, they flirt. This is something way less subjective. It's a very juvenile kind of flirting and certainly not romantic, but it's there.

But this only accentuate what I said before, discussions about sexuality and romantic interactions of characters in a series that never paid much attention to it normally deviates for clash of personal opinions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom