• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 If RE7 turns into another RE6, are you done with the franchise?

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Not "they", just Shinji Mikami. He said he preferred strong female characters like Jill, and disliked Rebecca because she was "weak" in his opinion. Whatever... For someone so "weak", she went through an awful lot in just two nights, and survived it all. I don't consider her weak at all, just more human than most other characters we know.

wayne

Not "they", just Shinji Mikami. He said he preferred strong female characters like Jill, and disliked Rebecca because she was "weak" in his opinion. Whatever... For someone so "weak", she went through an awful lot in just two nights, and survived it all. I don't consider her weak at all, just more human than most other characters we know.

Yeah thats it was a while ago thats why i couldnt rememer, that is dumb saying rebecca is weak i dont see how she is when everyone in that situation had no experience what so ever dealing with B.O.W.S to start with.

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
Rebecca i remember reading somewhere that they didnt like her for some reason i cant actually remember why
Ahh I think I know what you're talking about.
Shinji Mikami once stated that he doesn't like Rebecca cuz she's way too submissive and not independent and he doesn't like weak female characters in his games. I think that's what you're talking about :) Well I have to disagree with Mikami-san on this one. Sure, Rebecca isn't exactly a Jill Valentine, but she certainly isn't a damsel in distress or weak. She can kick some ass too. If they dislike her so much then why the hell did she get her own game in the first place?

Anyways, I personally think Rebecca Chambers is awesome and she deserves a comeback.

Jill-Chris > Jill-Claire > Jill-everyone else, just an opinion/thought of course :p
Jill/Chris: It depends on their relationship
Jill/Claire: I'm down for that one
Jill/Rebecca: My personal dream team
I think it's just fair if Jill gets a partner of the same sex this time. They did the same with Chris/Piers in RE6.

Last edited:

N7Valentine

Back on topic.

I remember Capcom saying RE7 will be a very special game in the series earlier this year. I'm wondering what they mean by that...

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
The same as always, probably. That RE will go back to its roots and 7 will be better than anything we've played before... Except it won't.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not speaking ill of a game that is not even out yet (let's leave that to those "fans" who always complain about everything, yet still keep coming back), I just don't trust anything Capcom says anymore. Or game developers in general.

Strafer

Church bells...!? Are you kidding me!?
I think I read somewhere that Capcom would keep doing the Rev games with the survival horror feel and the main games more action oriented.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I think I read somewhere that Capcom would keep doing the Rev games with the survival horror feel and the main games more action oriented.

I don't think they ever said it was going to be action oriented, just that they'd be able to try new things and evolve the formula. Something along those lines at least. Still, that could be Capcom's clever way of saying they're sticking to action.

N7Valentine

I heard them saying that RE6 felt bloated and they want RE7 to go back to its survival horror roots back in 2013. Then Capcom said they want to do some big and bold experiments with the main games while the spin-offs are supposed to be more survival horror in 2015. At this point I don't think they have a clue what they're talking about, so let's leave it at that.

Let's just see how RE7 will be. That's all we can do for now.

N7Valentine

I don't care what Capcom wants to do either. Let them just do their thing.

All I hope is to see Jill again and not just because I'm a J.V. fanboy. Chronologically we haven't seen her since 2009 (Revelations 1 was set in 2005, despite the game being released 2012/2013). We have seen all other main characters during the events of RE6 (Yes, even Claire. Good Ending in Revelations 2 is all I can say), except for Jill. There are still so many unanswered questions...

wayne

I don't care what Capcom wants to do either. Let them just do their thing.

All I hope is to see Jill again and not just because I'm a J.V. fanboy. Chronologically we haven't seen her since 2009 (Revelations 1 was set in 2005, despite the game being released 2012/2013). We have seen all other main characters during the events of RE6 (Yes, even Claire. Good Ending in Revelations 2 is all I can say), except for Jill. There are still so many unanswered questions...

This....
you been saying everything i have! Just please say she has her julia voth face!!!!

Top Bottom