• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 If RE7 turns into another RE6, are you done with the franchise?

Scrumpeh

Sleepy Person
Premium
I'd rather not have the story move back all the way to when Raccoon City was still intact. Not much to be done story-wise. Unless of course they make another spinoff.

wayne

Well just wishful thinking but maybe if jill is in it for example and maybe she telling someone or reminicing about what happened to her in raccoon city and maybe thats how it goes back.... just a random thought i dunno. :/

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
True but who knows but this is capcom we are talking about here.

The main series has been pretty consistent so far, at least as far as the timeline is concerned. It would really surprise me if Capcoum suddenly decided to go back in time for RE7. Another spinoff maybe, but 7?

I also think we've already seen pretty much everything Jill has done in Raccoon City. I'm much more interested in what she's up to nowadays. But the past shouldn't be forgotten, and if Jill is indeed the main character of the next numbered game, I'd like to see her struggle to come to terms with what Wesker did to her. Maybe a few flashbacks to her time as bird lady, where we get to control her as she's unwillingly carrying out Wesker's orders...

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
I say I will stop if it turns out to be like RE6, but that'd be a lie. I like some characters way too much to quit the series :)

Scrumpeh

Sleepy Person
Premium
The main series has been pretty consistent so far, at least as far as the timeline is concerned. It would really surprise me if Capcoum suddenly decided to go back in time for RE7. Another spinoff maybe, but 7?

I also think we've already seen pretty much everything Jill has done in Raccoon City. I'm much more interested in what she's up to nowadays. But the past shouldn't be forgotten, and if Jill is indeed the main character of the next numbered game, I'd like to see her struggle to come to terms with what Wesker did to her. Maybe a few flashbacks to her time as bird lady, where we get to control her as she's unwillingly carrying out Wesker's orders...
That'd be cool. You play as her when she was under Wesker's control, and you get to hear her inner thoughts, because she is aware of all of this but she cannot do anything to stop it.

N7Valentine

Nah I don't want to see Jill doing stuff in Raccoon City again. We already saw it in RE3. I want to know what she been up to and why she wasn't mentioned in RE6.

But playing Jill from an evil perspective would be very interesting...
Although I prefer my Jill to be a good gal fighting for the right thing

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
It's also a chance to bring Wesker back. Many fans want that, but it would be ridiculous to revive him yet again after what happened in that volcano. He could be alive in the flashbacks instead, and the flashbacks could be Jill telling Jake about his father... or something like that. There are many possibilities.

wayne

Yeah good point tbh ill doubt that theyll do another spin off though since we already have the revelations series, playing as jill from 5 when she was the bird lady sounds pretty good too just have to wait and see e3 is only 1 week away!

N7Valentine

I personally don't want Wesker back, we have Alex now.

I just hope they won't make Jill evil again, otherwise I'll be extremely p*ssed.

But aside from Jill, Rebecca should be there too. I'm more interested what she's been up to all the time.

Scrumpeh

Sleepy Person
Premium
We haven't really had anything on Rebecca story-wise since Resident Evil. Well, since RE 0 technically. I do like how she made an appearance in the Mercenaries Reunion.

N7Valentine

A lot of people miss Rebecca and now they're releasing RE0 HD Remaster. I mean Barry made an appereance in Revelations 2. Rebecca could do the same in 7.

wayne

A lot of people miss Rebecca and now they're releasing RE0 HD Remaster. I mean Barry made an appereance in Revelations 2. Rebecca could do the same in 7.

Yeah i liked rebecca i dont know why capcom have just forgot about her but they released the remake earlier this year and then had revelations 2 which featured barry and now we have 0 remastered so we could see rebecca too! The main one i want though is jill shes been away for too long!

N7Valentine

Yeah i liked rebecca i dont know why capcom have just forgot about her but they released the remake earlier this year and then had revelations 2 which featured barry and now we have 0 remastered so we could see rebecca too! The main one i want though is jill shes been away for too long!
Yeah Rebecca has to be one of the most underrated RE characters ever, seriously. I really liked her in RE and RE0. She def needs a comeback.

And Ms. Valentine has a special place in my heart so of couse I want to see her back in 7. Technically we haven't heard from Jill since 2009, since Chris didn't bother to mention her in 6.

wayne

Yeah Rebecca has to be one of the most underrated RE characters ever, seriously. I really liked her in RE and RE0. She def needs a comeback.

And Ms. Valentine has a special place in my heart so of couse I want to see her back in 7. Technically we haven't heard from Jill since 2009, since Chris didn't bother to mention her in 6.

Same i heard that capcom dont like her either apparently, and nope she didnt even get a mention atleast claire did and i dont really count the letter she sent barry because that was still set in 2011 and its now 2015. Tbh jill has to be in 7 because weve had every single main character in the last few games except from her.

Scrumpeh

Sleepy Person
Premium
Her and Rebecca. I wonder where 7 is going to take place? Let's review for a moment.

RE has taken place in: (Not counting spin-offs)
The Spencer Estate
Raccoon City
Rockfort Island
Antarctica
Some Island in Europe (RE 4)
Kijuju
The Queen Zenobia
Edonia
Lanshiang, China
Sushestvovanie Island

N7Valentine

Same i heard that capcom dont like her either apparently, and nope she didnt even get a mention atleast claire did and i dont really count the letter she sent barry because that was still set in 2011 and its now 2015. Tbh jill has to be in 7 because weve had every single main character in the last few games except from her.
They hate Rebecca or Jill ?
The funny thing was that there wasn't even a lousy file in Chris' campaign in 6 which shed a light on Jill's fate and he was pretty much our only source on her. Oh well, gotta love Capcom for that one :p

From what I can gather is that the E-Mail was written in 2009 or early 2010 at best. But I agree with you Jill has to come back, cuz they're still so many unanswered questions about her and other things and yeah every other main character was in recent titles except for her. Time for Jill to kick some asses, it's been way too long.

P.S. They should use Julia Voth's face again. She's the one and only Jill Valentine ;) The new one looks way too much like cheap Lara Croft knock-off.

N7Valentine

As for the setting in RE7. I don't know an island or something like Tall Oaks would be fine. Edonia could work too.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Iknow i dont know if its actually true you know how much people like to spread rumours lol but type it in google and it should come up.
True but who knows but this is capcom we are talking about here.
hmmm perhaps they could return to some kind of dark post-nuclear/present day wasteland Raccoon City? (Fallout reference lol) imagine BOWs affected with nuclear radiation that would be a freakshow.

Anyway the places for RE 7 would be hard to guess because almost every enviroment has already been implemented in past tittles, outer space has never been in RE but Resident evil in space = dead space.

Jill-Chris > Jill-Claire > Jill-everyone else, just an opinion/thought of course :p

wayne

They hate Rebecca or Jill ?
The funny thing was that there wasn't even a lousy file in Chris' campaign in 6 which shed a light on Jill's fate and he was pretty much our only source on her. Oh well, gotta love Capcom for that one :p

From what I can gather is that the E-Mail was written in 2009 or early 2010 at best. But I agree with you Jill has to come back, cuz they're still so many unanswered questions about her and other things and yeah every other main character was in recent titles except for her. Time for Jill to kick some asses, it's been way too long.

P.S. They should use Julia Voth's face again. She's the one and only Jill Valentine ;) The new one looks way too much like cheap Lara Croft knock-off.

Rebecca i remember reading somewhere that they didnt like her for some reason i cant actually remember why

hmmm perhaps they could return to some kind of dark post-nuclear/present day wasteland Raccoon City? (Fallout reference lol) imagine BOWs affected with nuclear radiation that would be a freakshow.

Anyway the places for RE 7 would be hard to guess because almost every enviroment has already been implemented in past tittles, outer space has never been in RE but Resident evil in space = dead space.

Jill-Chris > Jill-Claire > Jill-everyone else, just an opinion/thought of course :p

Maybe yeah we dont have that long to wait now though just a week :)

Top Bottom