• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 If RE new game came out who will be a main character?

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Well, you might want to read what she said again. She explained a lot.

Thanks.

Brushing off the CG movies because they screw your arguement would definitely lose you your case if we actually were in court, haha.

I brushed off the CGI movies for the same reason I brushed off the Revelations games, which I explained. I also explained several times what I meant by "taking turns", but you keep ignoring that explanation and replacing it with your own, along with throwing more and more entities into the mix, like movies, spin-offs and even scrapped game ideas. You are the one "picking and choosing what fits your own criteria", or rather, anything that goes against mine - I was only referring to the numbered series because that's what I assumed the question in the opening post was about. I mentioned Revelations and Umbrella Corps merely to point out the recent "Chris overload" which is beginning to screw with what I call the tradition, but I never intended to start a fight over that simple term, and it seems that everybody else understood what I was saying anyway, so you might as well stop trying so hard to make me look dumb now.

If they wanted to they could've killed Jill so it would saved them from trouble with her raging fandom.

And you think that wouldn't have caused a raging fandom? :eek: I'm pretty sure if they had killed Jill in RE5, as originally planned, 6 would have been all about finding a virus or some magic ritual to bring her back from the dead and appease the fans. Plans to kill off the main characters have been around since Code Veronica, if not earlier, but they never went through with it for that very reason... well, except Wesker, but they're obviously regretting that now.

Out of curiosity, why do people believe Capcom hates Jill?

It's easy to get a little over-emotional when it comes to your favourite characters, even to the point of thinking that Capcom hates them (though I must admit I've never heard of those "rumours" before it was brought up in this thread). I know I might have felt the same way if we hadn't had heard from Claire anymore since RE2, but let's not lose hope yet. :smile:

Unknown

Well, you might want to read what she said again. She explained a lot. She said the Revelations games go by different rules.

Right, when something doesn't work in your favour, just make different rules so that it does!

Also, even with the numbered series, this apparent tradition and taking turns dictates that Chris would've been due back in 4, since he was absent in 2 and 3. And Leon having been in 2 should not have been back until 5 at least.

Last edited:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Also, even with the numbered series, this apparent tradition and taking turns dictates that Chris would've been due back in 4, since he was absent in 2 and 3. And Leon having been in 2 should not have been back until 5 at least.
Uh, why? Chris was in CV, which is a main game.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I think you might be overcomplicating this. By "taking turns", which was the initial phrasing, I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong as I don't mean to put words in someone else's mouth, Hel meant that the main heroes show up in multiple games intermittently throughout the series, meaning they all get approximately equal screen time and are sprinkled throughout the series. They all show up multiple times, and not all at once. It would be weird if Chris showed up again because he's already been in a lot of games recently, and it would be weird if Jill didn't show up soon because she's been absent for quite a while. It seems that you're trying to make this into a more exact science than was initially intended.

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
Capcom does need to start focusing a bit more on other characters (Jill, the Burtons, and Jake) and bringing this series into one coherent story.
giphy.gif

Coherent story from Crapcom? Seriously? They wouldn't what that is even if it bit them in the ass but thanks for making me laugh:lol:

Rumors you say? Then it must be true!
Okay, so explain me how come out of all characters in the series Jill's the only one who never had a manga series, a cgi movie and a stage play? Sure she may have been in Paul W. Andersons movies but those aren't canon. She may be popular but they surely haven't done anything to add more to her character. Funny how Rebecca after a long hiatus gets a role in a stage play and CGI movie yet Jill had none of that and the clock's racing against her. She ain't the youngest anymore. Plus, she's a woman and we know how Japan handles women once they've reached a certain age....:razz:

Personally, I think Crapcom doesn't know what to do with Jill but you'll be surprised how people throw that hate rumor around the internet

And you think that wouldn't have caused a raging fandom? :eek: I'm pretty sure if they had killed Jill in RE5, as originally planned, 6 would have been all about finding a virus or some magic ritual to bring her back from the dead and appease the fans. Plans to kill off the main characters have been around since Code Veronica, if not earlier, but they never went through with it for that very reason... well, except Wesker, but they're obviously regretting that now.

Possibly. Can't speak for everyone but at this point she'd be better off being dead. While I'm a Jill fan, I'm a bigger fan of good writing and I'm certain when Jill comes back, they'll most likely don't do her any justice. She'll get a fanservice role in a game to shut up her fans like Rev1 did. Even if you don't like her, you once said it yourself you wouldn't want them to sweep her trauma from 5 under a rug and I agree with that but knowing Crapcom, they'll ingore that.

Oh and then they will remind us 100 times how she's Chris partner (only to make him look better in the proccess) instead of treating her like an individual.

That said, I simply don't think they'll do anything good with her, so she might as well be dead.

Unknown

Yes it was. It was going to be 3 and 3 was just going to be Resident Evil: Nemesis.

Whoa, don't let News Bot see you saying that...

CVX was never, ever going to be "RE3" (though if it were, it'd sure ruin the so-called tradition). The RE3 we have now was originally a spinoff called 1.9, and didn't even star Jill at first. It is a very confusing story involving another "RE3" that never saw the light of day.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
giphy.gif

Coherent story from Crapcom? Seriously? They wouldn't what that is even if it bit them in the ass but thanks for making me laugh:lol:

Okay, so explain me how come out of all characters in the series Jill's the only one who never had a manga series, a cgi movie and a stage play? Sure she may have been in Paul W. Andersons movies but those aren't canon. She may be popular but they surely haven't done anything to add more to her character. Funny how Rebecca after a long hiatus gets a role in a stage play and CGI movie yet Jill had none of that and the clock's racing against her. She ain't the youngest anymore. Plus, she's a woman and we know how Japan handles women once they've reached a certain age....:razz:

Personally, I think Crapcom doesn't know what to do with Jill but you'll be surprised how people throw that hate rumor around the internet

Possibly. Can't speak for everyone but at this point she'd be better off being dead. While I'm a Jill fan, I'm a bigger fan of good writing and I'm certain when Jill comes back, they'll most likely don't do her any justice. She'll get a fanservice role in a game to shut up her fans like Rev1 did. Even if you don't like her, you once said it yourself you wouldn't want them to sweep her trauma from 5 under a rug and I agree with that but knowing Crapcom, they'll ingore that.

Oh and then they will remind us 100 times how she's Chris partner (only to make him look better in the proccess) instead of treating her like an individual.

That said, I simply don't think they'll do anything good with her, so she might as well be dead.

To be fair I completely understand where you are coming from and would feel pretty done with the series as well if Capcom neglected to continue the story of my favorite character. However, I don't think they're done with Jill either as there is still so much that they can do with her. Also many fans are asking for her return- hence the email that was thrown in as though to say she's coming back and she's ready to fight. Only time is going to truly tell though.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Whoa, don't let News Bot see you saying that...

CVX was never, ever going to be "RE3" (though if it were, it'd sure ruin the so-called tradition). The RE3 we have now was originally a spinoff called 1.9, and didn't even star Jill at first. It is a very confusing story involving another "RE3" that never saw the light of day.
It was discussed, and it's the sequel to 2. It's still considered the "true" 3.

Last edited:

arrman6

The main object about this discussion is Chris and other character like Leon and Ada.

When they put Chris in Re7 end it was like a sequel to Re8 new main character.When Ethan killed the last boss you can see the chopper from Neo-UMBRELLA send Chris to save Ethan.

I'm not gonna talk about other character like Leon and Ada.I'm gonna talk about which character should be main character in Re game.Its important cause the player can't be bored by playing new Re game.Cause a **** ton of people are complaining about how boring is the Re7 main character.Some people said"Resident Evil is broken"because Capcom added FPS and other Horror.They say that the old Re games was for killing and running from the whole horde of zombies and other monsters.But "Re7 ruin it and it sucks" they say.

I like Re7 because they made a new main character,horror,FPS and hard and scary bosses.By adding a new main character they will add a new story of Ethan but in the end of Re7 they revealed Chris:mad:.That's when realize they are gonna put Chris as new main character in new game of Re.Its takes the fun away from me.If they are gonna put Chris in end might as well put Jill,Jake,Sherry,Hunk or characters like dissapeared from Re game for century.It will suprise most of the players but they put Chris instead.

In my opinion I think Chris should stop becoming a main character or playable character in new Re game.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
The main object about this discussion is Chris and other character like Leon and Ada.

When they put Chris in Re7 end it was like a sequel to Re8 new main character.When Ethan killed the last boss you can see the chopper from Neo-UMBRELLA send Chris to save Ethan.

I'm not gonna talk about other character like Leon and Ada.I'm gonna talk about which character should be main character in Re game.Its important cause the player can't be bored by playing new Re game.Cause a **** ton of people are complaining about how boring is the Re7 main character.Some people said"Resident Evil is broken"because Capcom added FPS and other Horror.They say that the old Re games was for killing and running from the whole horde of zombies and other monsters.But "Re7 ruin it and it sucks" they say.

I like Re7 because they made a new main character,horror,FPS and hard and scary bosses.By adding a new main character they will add a new story of Ethan but in the end of Re7 they revealed Chris:mad:.That's when realize they are gonna put Chris as new main character in new game of Re.Its takes the fun away from me.If they are gonna put Chris in end might as well put Jill,Jake,Sherry,Hunk or characters like dissapeared from Re game for century.It will suprise most of the players but they put Chris instead.

In my opinion I think Chris should stop becoming a main character or playable character in new Re game.
We don't even know if it's really Chris. Either way, he's been a main character since the beginning, it's not strange to keep putting him in games.

arrman6

@Maddy7
Bro you don't know how players really feels.I know everybody likes Chris since Re1 was released cause he's the only main badass character.

I mean if they want to make Chris the real main character Capcom should put him in every godamn Re game series.But they didn't,they just put a another random character in Re games.Do you know why Just Cause and Halo games are so popular.Cause their company didn't change the main character the way we like.I didn't mean that I don't like chris I like him but Capcom shouldn't put away Chris like that.I mean that people start liking Leon,Ada,Jill,Clarie and other characters.But Capcom only put Chris for a suprise in Re games then Chris became the main character of that game.(Re5 not included).

And I know what you are saying Maddy but in the end of Re7 the guy says he is Redfield.How many Redfield are there in Chris family.Clarie and Chris only two.And you just said" We don't know if it's really Chris".Do you want to say it's Leon.Geez you should go play all the series of Re games again.I'm not being mad I'm just ****ed off how you said it's not Redfield and it's not strange to put him in every games.Then what about the other characters that disappeared for ages.Jill and Billy.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
@Maddy7
Bro you don't know how players really feels.I know everybody likes Chris since Re1 was released cause he's the only main badass character.

I mean if they want to make Chris the real main character Capcom should put him in every godamn Re game series.But they didn't,they just put a another random character in Re games.Do you know why Just Cause and Halo games are so popular.Cause their company didn't change the main character the way we like.I didn't mean that I don't like chris I like him but Capcom shouldn't put away Chris like that.I mean that people start liking Leon,Ada,Jill,Clarie and other characters.But Capcom only put Chris for a suprise in Re games then Chris became the main character of that game.(Re5 not included).

And I know what you are saying Maddy but in the end of Re7 the guy says he is Redfield.How many Redfield are there in Chris family.Clarie and Chris only two.And you just said" We don't know if it's really Chris".Do you want to say it's Leon.Geez you should go play all the series of Re games again.I'm not being mad I'm just ****ed off how you said it's not Redfield and it's not strange to put him in every games.Then what about the other characters that disappeared for ages.Jill and Billy.
Calm down, dude, I don't appreciate being talked down to like I'm stupid. I'm not trying to be rude, but you don't seem to understand what I mean. I've played every RE game too many times to count. I'm not the only one who doesn't think that it's Chris. There's even a thread about this here. This "Redfield" strikes me as an imposter. He looks nothing like Chris and is with Umbrella. Does that sound like Chris to you? Someone could easily take his name. And Chris isn't the only main character in the series, but he's one of them, and extremely important to the story, so how would it be strange to put him in so many games?

Last edited:
Top Bottom