• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Idea's for a RE2 Remake

Ryan

So it has been talked about that Capcom are considering a Remake of Resident Evil 2. 11 years on and things will be different in the remake. The series has come along way so what would you as a fan like to see as changes?

bruno

Chief Researcher
I think that they should keep most of the puzzles in the R.P.D., but change them a bit, so that people who played RE2 would not find them too easy. Also, add some documents about john or something.
There should be some Crimson Heads, hunters and some Regis lickers, and keep the lickers.
I think Birkin would be so great with better graphics. It should have only one scenario for both characters, and Leon and Claire should meet more often. Also, the puzzles should be different for each one of them.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
depends whether they want to keep orginal fans happy, or meet the new gen gamers.
keeping the original fans would mean, seeing most of the original puzzles, with a slight twist.and adding more, just like in REmake.
i would like to see claire and leon meet more, and perhaps face off against a new boss together...

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
weskerfan;24562 said:
i would be happy with just better graphics.
Me too. I definitely wouldn't say no to new puzzles, but being able to play through Resident Evil 2 in super sexy 1080p high definition is top of my list of priorities.

Ryan

Good to see you are all as enthusiastic about RE2 Remake than me! These are what I would want if Capcom go through with a Remake.

- Classic RE Gameplay. The newer Gamplay wouldn't suit this game at all. Plus, we want Survival Horror.
- Claire and Leon should look like they where in RE: Degeneration. Obviously there RE2 attires will be used.
- Both scenarios should be different. When they crash the car at the beginning and the truck hits it and explodes, there should be two different routes to Raccoon Police Station.
- Capcom could add new sections such as new rooms or new areas. Not to much though, just something new for the fans.

Thats all I can think of at the moment.

Fayrra

Schrodinger's Cat
I'd like it if they made it so that Claire and Leon join each other in certain parts of the game. And you would be able to switch between playing as them both. (Like in Resident Evil 0.) Also if they added some new weapons, puzzles, better graphics, and monsters. And of course the classic RE style gameplay. Oh, and I have a question, which would you prefer in the remake of 2, the item box, or the ability to drop your items any place you want?

PS: Oh, and also I wouldn't mind if the remake was for gamecube.

REbOy

RE:re2 remake ideas

I think maybe a few more minor weapon upgrades too and a multi plat form release!:lol:

mastermind

personally i would love if like they could work out something where you upgrde your weapons like in RE 4. just something to occasionally make something like that work in all of them. for a remake for the most part just make better graphics and keep all the puzzles the same make the bosses harder.

Ryan

Yeah, Capcom releasing it Multi-Platform would be a must and I would prefer and Item Box rather than dropping items like RE0.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
depends in what scenario, the item box for me only works in doors.
i think RE4 had it right when it comes to what to do with your items.

Nathan

This would the the highlight of my generation if they remade this game, and like most i would be happy with just the graphics and difficulty being upgraded. but wouldn't say no to a few more puzzles or bosses if relevent. not just being stuck in there to make it longer.

gerrybhoy

A remake, would make my decade although res 4 was amazing, I miss the old style res's. I think the changes should be about the same degree as the remake of the res 1 same game but just enough extra bits to keep you intersted.

Ryan

Also, I think Capcom should keep some of the Original music from the original. Some of them where really good and worked great with the setting.

iamnotaQUAG

Man that would be cool if they made a remake of RE2. But they need to put more ammo in places. It was a pain finding ammo in REmake. They should leave the style of gameplay the same because I miss the old style.

weskerfan

do you think it would be cool if (depending on what character you play as)
the other character would be with you through the whole game and help you?

like how sheva would be to chris in re5.

Top Bottom